Jed's 1967 fastback - Page 6 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:09 PM

Inbred-jed First On Race Day

Well made it out to test n tune...track very packed so only got two passes in. I got the new power grid in and it works woohoo...I set the shift at 7000 came out on the two step first pass at 4400..1.31 60ft 5.80 1/8th 9.09 1/4...146mph...a little disappointed great air today too...pretty much identical to the last pass at the other track...1.30 60ft 9.11...tested my convertor it flashes at 6000...so second pass I stepped it up to 4800...1.29 60ft 5.77 1/8th 9.06 1/4... 146mph...still disappointed I feel this car should be mid 1.20's and two tenths quicker...atleast it's not slowing down I guess...next I guess I'll step the timing up a few clicks...convertor seems tight to me but 6000 stall should be about right...idk...keep testing I guess...oh I got two vids..not the greatest but decent I'll post them tomorrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 AM

butterbean First On Race Day

are you sure about the converter? seems like 6000 is a little on the loose side for my liking I would call your converter guy and ask, I use Greg at FTI he is a super guy and easy to talk to about converters, why I say a little loose, because your MPH at 1/4 mile, a 9.0 pass should be closer to 150 than 145, my friends Nova runs 9.45 @ 145 so it may be running thruogh the converter in high gear not allowing it to MPH at its best, don't get me wrong 146 is nothing to snooze at but I think your leaving a little on the table with your converter
Old 05-24-2014, 09:41 AM

I uploaded the videos to youtube just look up (jeds 1967 Shelby gt500 mustang)...you should see both of them there....whoever designed windows 8.1 should be shot and so should the douche standing in front of my fiancÚ in the second video that doesn't even work at the track but felt it was his duty and stand in the way and kick pebbles...ok im done venting enjoy...
Old 05-24-2014, 12:27 PM

TOPHER1 First On Race Day

Jed Love the car and watched the build very nicely done.. What shocks do you have on the car?? in the second video looks like the rebound on the shocks is tight and the compression is loose.. Looks like the it is bouncing the first 15+ feet.. I was fighting the same issue with single adjustable and now have doubles (AFCO BIG GUNS) and the car works great.. I am taking the my 86 coupe out tomorrow and hope to get videos to post as well..
All in all very nice job..

Chris
Old 05-24-2014, 02:04 PM

they look like nice clean passes to me, you did a nice job Jed. maybe after some tuning and everything loosens up a little it will pick up a little, thats a 5.60 car all day long!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by butterbean; 05-24-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: changed
Old 05-24-2014, 06:04 PM

Lem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue Path

The 60' does seem soft. What is the weight of that thing?
Old 05-24-2014, 06:10 PM

Not sure to be honest lem I guessing 3200 or so with me in it...I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a set of scales...I'll let you know tomorrow exactly what it weighs...
Old 05-27-2014, 10:52 AM

Scaled the car over the weekend it weighs exactly 3000 pounds with me in it...2834 with just gear and half tank of fuel...Gonna try a few things at the track friday..timing..hood off with an air cleaner ...my hood sits about 2 1/2 to 3 inches off the carb so it may be choking it...I could always remove the 1 inch spacer but the performance I'm giving up without the spacer could be a wash...the graph from the power grid shows the convertor flashing just short of 5800 ...the convertor should be slightly looser ..the engine made peak torque at six thousand...rpm is dropping almost 1100 on the shift right into the 6000 range...can't see it picking up a ton by loosening the convertor 250 rpm...but I'm no tuner...

Last edited by Inbred-jed; 05-27-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-27-2014, 11:55 AM

Lem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue PathLem Evans Walks on the Blue Path

Engines like a conv. that will let the engine get above peak tq. rpm on the leave.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:27 PM

Jed, any up dates?????
Old 06-20-2014, 02:10 PM

Bottlefed First On Race Day

I dont know how I missed this thread, This car is amazing !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.