460 Ford Forum banner

questions about a block

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Gary Blair 
#1 ·
has anyone ever heard ofa c-block. i heard that they exist but dont know if the guy i was talking too knows was he is talking about. he said it has a 9.75 deck height and is an old pro stock style block. any input would be great thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
There is the JC50 & JC51 Pro Stock blocks. (Not Old).
They are compacted graphite and have a 9.125 deck

The old Pro Stock block was the A500 block which had a 9.00" deck height.

#4 ·
Here you go.......from a Feb. 2008 post by G. Blair.
==================================================

The part number for that block is M-6010-C460. 34 total were produced. Most had the D-460 head fastener pattern. Some were made with the 10 bolt 9/16 pattern with and without the valley and exhaust 7/16 holes. The valley lugs have to be removed for a Hemi head. The decks are drilled and plugged like the A & B-460 blocks. The mains are 2.75 like the B-460. There are no oil supply galleys for 2-5 cam beraings. Oil return passages in the decks need flaring to align with the head. They were drilled before decking based on A-460 prints and are misaligned. You will need to drill one additional bell housing bolt to meet the NHRA rewquirement of 6 bolts.
Use the Lincoln C-6 bolt hole for the other. It also has extended cylinders somewhat like a small block or A-500. The belt drive will loose the upper right bolt hole. You can drill another one lower if you wish. They are nice blocks if you have a need for a 9.75 deck.

#5 · (Edited)
Yes ... running through the old microfish listings, if you go as far back as the early 90's there was a M-6010-C460 block which is as stated above.
In the mid 90's the M-6010-A500 block was introduced at an original deck height of 9.200" with no head bolt pattern; the decks were later set for sale at an even 9.000" deck height and both a "D" 18 head bolt pattern or none at all were available.

EDIT: If you go back far enough you can find a Flat Head block available too, lol. I'll bet somebody, somewhere might also have one of those.

#6 ·
c block question

thanks lem. information was nice. but it sounds like ill be better off taking as much of the deck of eliminator as i can to get close to what i want as possible. the 4.625 bore and 3.55 stroke is what i want guess i could compromise and go 4.560 bore and 3.625 stroke to get what i want.
and rm not sure what that edit was about if you were being smart *** or what but there is a purpose for my questions.

#7 · (Edited)
thanks lem. information was nice. but it sounds like ill be better off taking as much of the deck of eliminator as i can to get close to what i want as possible. the 4.625 bore and 3.55 stroke is what i want guess i could compromise and go 4.560 bore and 3.625 stroke to get what i want.
and rm not sure what that edit was about if you were being smart *** or what but there is a purpose for my questions.
If I remember correctly you can get down to about a 10.100" deck on the eliminator block. Actaually I'm thinking that was a different block was a few years ago... anyway the Eliminator block supposed to have around a .800" thick deck.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.