Mr.Scharf's 1993 Foxbody Notch - Page 3 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 PM

MrScharfenberger First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Aronson View Post
Chris it is starting to come together... Only one thing I will say.... there were a lot of other parts I could have saved you some $$$ on...

:P:P:P
The only other things I have bought recently were the front Strange Brakes and the radiator. And I thought I had asked you about the brakes.

...or maybe I didn't.

I still need a tach, manual rack & pinion (I'd lke the quick ratio), 5pt harnesses but I won't buy those until I'm ready to go because they expire, manual offset master cylinder, brake lines, maybe some Kirkey seats (I hate the Scat Procar seats I have. They look nice but I don't fit well) and probably 17 other things I can't think of off the top of my head. Let me know if you can do anything with that list and we will go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Hey Cale.. There was one other thing.

How about a larger set of balls so I'm not afraid to drive the thing. Preferably ones made of steel!! You know.. The same kind Chuck Yeager had.

Am I going to need some kind of license to drive this thing? I have no idea what the rules are. I don't know anybody that does this stuff. I just want to haul butt..

Will a pilots license work? I have one of those. I can land several different types of airplanes....so I'm thinking I can land a 1993 Ford Mustang too!

And I have a Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement!! Surely one of those will work.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 PM

Mustang-Junky First On Race Day

Quicker than 10.00 you will need a comp license. And a cage.

Jess
Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF
Send a message via Yahoo to bigblok86ranger

Chris you will need a comp license with a physical card every year and the cage will need to be certed quicker than 9.50 or faster than 135mph. Funny thing is it is the same physical as our DOT physicals but they still want one yearly. The cage should certify to 8.50 just have to have decent welds with good penetration and no grinding of welds!!!

A racecar shop should have a guy that will come certify cages usually about $75 around here. A decent shop should be able to look over the cage and give you some help if their are any issues before you pay the guy to show up to cert it.

I believe the comp license consists of making 2 60" passes then 2 180" passes then 2 330" passes in fornt of 3 license holders and they become your sponsors. I may be wrong on some of it but that is the way I understand it.

P.S. When you make the passes for your license make sure the car will go fast enough to warrant the license or they won't sign off.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

http://www.trickchassis.com/

"LOL, WE DONT RACE DYNOS" Quoted for the truth!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 PM

Taxman First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblok86ranger View Post
Chris you will need a comp license with a physical card every year and the cage will need to be certed quicker than 9.50 or faster than 135mph. Funny thing is it is the same physical as our DOT physicals but they still want one yearly. The cage should certify to 8.50 just have to have decent welds with good penetration and no grinding of welds!!!

A racecar shop should have a guy that will come certify cages usually about $75 around here. A decent shop should be able to look over the cage and give you some help if their are any issues before you pay the guy to show up to cert it.

I believe the comp license consists of making 2 60" passes then 2 180" passes then 2 330" passes in fornt of 3 license holders and they become your sponsors. I may be wrong on some of it but that is the way I understand it.

P.S. When you make the passes for your license make sure the car will go fast enough to warrant the license or they won't sign off.
That's cheap. I'm looking at the NHRA chassis cert on my car (8.50) and it cost $190.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
That's cheap. I'm looking at the NHRA chassis cert on my car (8.50) and it cost $190.
It just depends on how much the guy that is doing it wants to charge, classic supply and demand deal.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 12-08-2011, 06:17 AM

Hey thanks for the info guys. That helps. I knew about the "NO" grinding the welds so it is all untouched. I think it should certify to 8.50 pretty easy. The cage looks really good and the welds are a lot better than I've seen on most out at our local track. I have talked to the local guy at our speed shop. They do have somebody that will certify it. BUT.. It is $160 for that. But hey.. What is another $160 after the $30,000 or so that I have already spent.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Dakota Boy First On Race Day

Anything I do on my car costs me double.... as it seems the wife starts asking for something of similar value shortly after the car parts show up.

Coincidence or....?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Boy View Post
Anything I do on my car costs me double.... as it seems the wife starts asking for something of similar value shortly after the car parts show up.

Coincidence or....?
No!

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah an 8.50 certification is not all that hard as long as the bars are where they are supposed to be, I think I helped you find that info so you should be be good.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!

Physical is actually every other year... Trust me I have my Pro License in NHRA, ADRL, IHRA, and FIA... LOL!

Chris... as for Belts, and safety stuff... I got you covered. Also, I might have a seat company that you would really like, but it is a little more pricey... but the stuff is wicked! We just need to get you a flaming river rack for that UPR K-Member. That is easy.

As for driving it.... that isn't nothing but a thang... I would fall asleep before the stripe...
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - cale@BlackMagicClutches.com
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Cale can we use our DOT physical card then or not?

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!Cale Aronson A Ford God!

NHRA will require that you use this form...

NHRA PHYSICAL FORM

Here is a link to the physical form and also the licensing info.

http://www.nhra.com/competition/form...ookieSupport=1

It is pretty straight forward.

The DOT stuff won't work... It all has to do with insurance and they cover their butts.
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - cale@BlackMagicClutches.com
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Aronson View Post
Physical is actually every other year... Trust me I have my Pro License in NHRA, ADRL, IHRA, and FIA... LOL!

Chris... as for Belts, and safety stuff... I got you covered. Also, I might have a seat company that you would really like, but it is a little more pricey... but the stuff is wicked! We just need to get you a flaming river rack for that UPR K-Member. That is easy.

As for driving it.... that isn't nothing but a thang... I would fall asleep before the stripe...
I'm not really worried... I've been 350 mph 6 inches off the ground. That's almost the same thing. And I know what you mean. I take a nap in between 2nd and 3rd in the Vette all the time!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cale saved both links to my favorites for later.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.