offset 460 motor mounts or adapter plate - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Engine Tech

Engine Tech A place to discuss all 385-series engine tech and theory.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:07 AM

jniolon First On Race Day
Default offset 460 motor mounts or adapter plate

hi guys,

haven't been around much but I have a question for the motor mount gurus

using a 460 in a '53 f-100. A major measuring blunder involving the tilt front end, radiator and engine will probably cause me to move the engine back a little... hopefully an inch or so. (if anyone is interested in my dumba** blunder... http://jniolon.classicpickup.com/blunder/blunder.htm )

My problem is the frame is all slick and painted and purdy and I hate the thought of having to axe off the engine mounts and move them.

Plan A.. I'm hoping someone here might know of a 460 mount that is offset an inch or so to the rear of original or of adapter plates that might get me to the same place. Hoping maybe some of the fox body or truck swaps might have needed this. Can't find anything on the internet. considered adding (welding) a plate with new holes... but consensus is too much smoke and melted rubber.

Plan B will be to remove the engine/trans and move everything back...redo all the pretty on the frame and such... but I'm hoping for Plan A to work

I'm also interested in any other options you guys might have

thanks in advance..

john
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM

SPLUHAR Driving a Ford

I saw on the internet somewhere (I thought I saved the pic), where somebody used steel angles to make a stacked double L, welded or bolted to the block plate, to set the engine where they needed it. It move the engine several inches, as much as 5" as I remember it.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 PM

7LBRONCO Driving a Ford
Default motor mount

What style motor mounts are you using? When I did my 400 to 429 swap, I used some solid steel mounts that Trans Dapt now sells. One welded stud points down, to attach to the perches. I think it would be cake to drill new holes and weld new bolts/studs an inch or so forward.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:57 PM

FozBog First On Race Day
Default The Moroso Piece

The Bronko has the sam Idea as I. There is a sub mount that works for bigs and small block motors that just need some bolts or welding. I had one in a gasser 65 falcon. It worked fine unless the pan had to come out. As for a front perch setup it would be a plate. Then you have to elongate the holes in your pan, etc.If your running it down the strip, do a plate, if is a dailey runner do a cross mount.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.