460 engine/transmission/misc parts for sale - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Classifieds > The Auction Block

The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 PM

ironduke First On Race Day
Default 460 engine/transmission/misc parts for sale

For sale is a freshly rebuilt 460 engine, and Ford C6 transmission w/ torque converter. The aluminum part of the transmission looks to be brand new; the steel part has a coat of rust, but I don't think this tranny has been used at all. Perhaps this motor/tranny combo would be best suited in a truck.

Engine features Edlebrock intake and fuel pump along with a big (750 cfm?) Demon carb. I know it has roller tipped steel rockers, but that's all I know about it. The heads are stamped C8VE-E heads, and I think that means 1968, which are better than the reduced compression heads of the '70s (or so I hear; I am not an authority)

Also included in the set is the starter, MSD Pro Billet Distrib., MSD 6 series control box, complete wiring harness, dress up bolts (some are already installed) MSD plug wires, assorted gaskets, a crate of motor mounts, and a stainless fuel line.

I bought it for my forthecoming project car, but now I'm going a different direction on that so I no longer need the motor/transmission/other parts.

I am asking only $2100 for the complete set.

I am in Burleson, Texas, just south of Fort Worth. The engine stand isn't for sale, but I have a hoist to help you load this beast of an engine.

Some pics:

Last edited by ironduke; 05-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM

Default Bump

back to top.

Price reduced!! Now asking $1950 total!!! You can't lose on this deal!!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:07 PM

ZX3Focus Driving a Ford
Default BB Ford

Bump for great deal! Can you post a picture of the AOD bell? Is it BB size? Stock convertor? Thanks!

I should learn to read! I'm a DS. I did notice while bolting up my 460 block to the engine stand tonight it has an extra bell bolt hole which looks like it would match this. Can this be true? Still learning...

Opps..I see the OP edited the post.

Last edited by ZX3Focus; 05-07-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Stupid mistake
Old 05-06-2012, 02:28 PM

68xr7cat Driving a Ford

That transmission is NOT an AOD, it is a C-6 out of a 1968 Lincoln which is why it has the weird bell housing pattern. I would bet the engine is out of the same car based on the head casting number and also the fact that it has the early stype water pump. Looks like someone modified the transmission to bolt up to a transfer case.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68xr7cat View Post
That transmission is NOT an AOD, it is a C-6 out of a 1968 Lincoln which is why it has the weird bell housing pattern. I would bet the engine is out of the same car based on the head casting number and also the fact that it has the early stype water pump. Looks like someone modified the transmission to bolt up to a transfer case.
Cool to know!! So it IS a C6. I will defer to your expertise since I am new to all this. I am glad to know what I have at least. So now it appears the transmission should go in a 4x4 truck. Or maybe I just have the rear housing changed back to original.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Default Price reduced!!

Now asking a mere $1850 for the whole set. At that price, the transmission is like a gimme.

Burleson, TX, just 10 minutes south of Fort Worth.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:40 PM

68xr7cat Driving a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironduke View Post
Cool to know!! So it IS a C6. I will defer to your expertise since I am new to all this. I am glad to know what I have at least. So now it appears the transmission should go in a 4x4 truck. Or maybe I just have the rear housing changed back to original.
Yes you have a real odd duck with that transmission as it does not have the normal bellhousing bolt pattern. If you look at the back of your 460 you will see it has two patterns. This alternate pattern was required in order for the transmission to fit in a 1968 Lincoln.

The case may have value to someone needing one for a '68 Lincoln. As it sits yes is set up to bolt to a transfer case. You could disassemble the transmission, change the output shaft and extension housing to use in a 2wd application. One good thing about those late 60's Lincoln C-6's is they usually have some of the better parts inside (HD).

Steve
Old 05-23-2012, 02:55 PM

No longer for sale. I have decided to use this set in my 50 Mercury. Turns out the transmission uses a bolt on yolk, and it doesn't go to a transfer case. This is the cheapest way for me to go on my car since I already own this engine/tranny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.