429 install into 1968 montego wagon - Page 26 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 PM

ag460torino Bleeding Blue
Default bigger is better

Don't worry.... it's an addiction!!!!! You will get there. Some how, some way.... YOU WILL GET THERE!!!!!

Just keep poking away at it!

I got a buddy with a 9" housing I can get pretty cheap. Don't know what it is out of or what the width is so at the very least you would have to cut brackets and put yours on....... It has the gears in it but no idea what they are either. He was hanging onto it to have it shortened for an S-10 Blazer....

Maybe I can sweet talk him out of it for ya...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 PM

butterbean First On Race Day
Default 466-501-521-545 ????

you could get a rotating assy little by little and have it balanced and do your d0ve heads, by a nice cam (from me) lol!! and when time is rite yank it out and get the block work done and stuff all your parts in it and reassemble it and let her eat! BAM!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:37 AM

Bigred69 First On Race Day

Dammit man, that snow looks cold. Lived in Hurricane, WV for 6 years. Had to slosh throu snow to get to my shop out behind the house, and it was no fun. We moved further South ,so we could ride in the Winter. After moving here, I was almost killed twice by texters not paying attention. After 35 years of riding motorcycles I parked it and went to the 4 wheeled projects. Hahaha .BTW , like the new wheels .
Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 PM

68montego First On Race Day

I had the perfect block and rotating assembly and I sold it due to needing money lol. Kind of kicking myself for that but oh well. Another one will come along. Yeah I'm waiting for the right 9" rear. One that's the right size and good deal. Yeah the snow is nice but then it gets warm the next day, melts, then freezes into ice lol. I wish I was in florida or texas. I hate being cold and the snow/rain makes my things rust!! I have almost died so many times on my motorcycle that I didn't even ride it last year. No one pays attention at all driving around. Thats why I'm selling it to fund my wagon going fast lol. Just have to actually sell it now... hey thanks I love the wheels. I love the flat black so easy to just paint them if they get messed up. I'm going to flat black the grill and the front wheels too maybe the head light bezels as well. One thing at a time!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-11-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68montego View Post
I had the perfect block and rotating assembly and I sold it due to needing money lol. Kind of kicking myself for that but oh well. Another one will come along. Yeah I'm waiting for the right 9" rear. One that's the right size and good deal. Yeah the snow is nice but then it gets warm the next day, melts, then freezes into ice lol. I wish I was in florida or texas. I hate being cold and the snow/rain makes my things rust!! I have almost died so many times on my motorcycle that I didn't even ride it last year. No one pays attention at all driving around. Thats why I'm selling it to fund my wagon going fast lol. Just have to actually sell it now... hey thanks I love the wheels. I love the flat black so easy to just paint them if they get messed up. I'm going to flat black the grill and the front wheels too maybe the head light bezels as well. One thing at a time!

Yep, born and raised in Corpus Christi, TX. Not used to cold.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:04 PM

torino429 First On Race Day
Default 460 into 69 torino

Im planning a 385 engine swap into my torino it is a 69. Let me know what exhaust manifold you used or what works and what doesnt work with this swap. also i was told the 70-71 torino 429 3 piece motor mounts will work, oil pan? is there some with better clearance? planning to use my fmx trans with a 385 bellhousing. this is a street cruiser nothing too radical.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino429 View Post
Im planning a 385 engine swap into my torino it is a 69. Let me know what exhaust manifold you used or what works and what doesnt work with this swap. also i was told the 70-71 torino 429 3 piece motor mounts will work, oil pan? is there some with better clearance? planning to use my fmx trans with a 385 bellhousing. this is a street cruiser nothing too radical.
If you're handy with fabbing skills, you can easily use the stock crossmember mounts ,along with a 67 or 68 mustang insulator. The motor plate can be made fairly easy after that. I've heard Crites has a good mount, but it is $250 . I prefer to spend $50 for the insulator and use my existing base mount, and fab the piece that bolts to the block. It depends on how you are equipped though.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:15 PM

68xr7cat Driving a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino429 View Post
Do yourself a favor and ditch the cast iron tranny. A C-6 much better choice.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 PM

68xr7cat Driving a Ford

Quote:

Yep enough years of NJ weather and now down in Texas. Summers too hot and long, and it is still cold although not like NJ. Need find one of those island places that is 70 deg year round with the tanned pretty women everywhere. LOL

More old cars down here. SA drivers some of the worst anywhere IMO.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:26 PM

Default pm

toreno429, I sent you a PM
Old 12-12-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68xr7cat View Post
Yep enough years of NJ weather and now down in Texas. Summers too hot and long, and it is still cold although not like NJ. Need find one of those island places that is 70 deg year round with the tanned pretty women everywhere. LOL

More old cars down here. SA drivers some of the worst anywhere IMO.
San Antonio is my favorite place to be. If I dint live here it would be right there.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:46 PM

Dman64 First On Race Day

Quote:
Sure thing Roy! I'd say there about 3-4 inches and its still snowing. Hell of a lot better than last year. We got nothing practically.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1386960337.632836.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1386960369.299061.jpg

That's not snow we have lots of snow and it's been cold.

D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1386960348.081400.jpg (13.3 KB, 10 views)
1964 F100 466 zero decked fuelie 7cc dish pistons, with RHP 2.11 1.65 budget D3 heads, Voodoo cam 219/227, rpm intake, Holley Terminator EFI, MSD Ignition, MSD FORD TFI Distrbutor, 4R70W Trans with Baumann Re-cal kit, US Shift electronic Trans controller with B&M Megashifter, 2500 Dirty Dog Convertor, 3.50 gears with detroit locker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36499599@N04/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbl-v...3&feature=plcp
Old 12-13-2013, 04:29 PM

68montego First On Race Day

I wish it would snow that much. It hasn't in years! Last blizzard we got was in 1995 and It was like two feet of snow, Which is crazy for around little old downingtown pa.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 PM

Dman64, that snow is crazy deep, I have not seen snow like that ever!!! I like it to cool off a little but snow like that I just don't know, I liked living in the Carolina's it had the same time seasons almost to the week, 12 weeks spring 12 weeks summer 12 weeks fall 12 weeks winter, but the winters were weak no snow at all
Old 12-13-2013, 10:31 PM

Dman64 First On Race Day

When I was a kid we had snow like that then it got to be less and then the last couple years it's been like this. Last year we have a serious flood in high river and calgary when it all melted, I've never seen the rivers and water run like that here, it was the 1 in 100 year flood or so they say.

I was teasing the wife saying if it wasn't for the fact that canadian girls were the best I would move south. Lol.

Stay warm!
D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
1964 F100 466 zero decked fuelie 7cc dish pistons, with RHP 2.11 1.65 budget D3 heads, Voodoo cam 219/227, rpm intake, Holley Terminator EFI, MSD Ignition, MSD FORD TFI Distrbutor, 4R70W Trans with Baumann Re-cal kit, US Shift electronic Trans controller with B&M Megashifter, 2500 Dirty Dog Convertor, 3.50 gears with detroit locker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36499599@N04/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbl-v...3&feature=plcp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.