Guns - Page 3 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Non-Tech Topics > Chilly's Garage

Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 AM

MrScharfenberger First On Race Day

I probably shouldn't admit this here but I have a Honda Insight hybrid that I drive daily. It gets 45 to 50 mpg.

Last edited by MrScharfenberger; 01-12-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM

Jake First On Race Day

Haha!! I am guessing you don't fit the stereotype, lol...
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 PM

hdandford First On Race Day

Well said Rob, but most people now days lack common sense. They have gotten so use to the government thinking and doing things for them that they dont use it anymore.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdandford View Post
Well said Rob, but most people now days lack common sense. They have gotten so use to the government thinking and doing things for them that they dont use it anymore.
As Mark Twain once said... "Common sense is not so common".
Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 PM

White Lightning First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
As Mark Twain once said... "Common sense is not so common".
Brother....you've got THAT right!
Rob
Old 01-12-2013, 01:23 PM

I just got back from the shooting range a little while ago. The Springfield XD .45 is a very nice piece. It shot very straight and I put 200 rounds through it. It worked flawlessly. I stopped and bought a laser sight for it on the way home. I'm very satisfied with the whole thing.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
I just got back from the shooting range a little while ago. The Springfield XD .45 is a very nice piece. It shot very straight and I put 200 rounds through it. It worked flawlessly. I stopped and bought a laser sight for it on the way home. I'm very satisfied with the whole thing.
Excellent! When I got my Springfield about 5 years ago I had to put another $1,200 into it to get it tuned for a carry configuration and to fit myself. Firearm fitment is all important for repeatable accuracy and ease of operation. I'm a staunch advocate of laser sighting configurations. In a self defense/dark/sleepy-just woke-up-and-filled-with-adrenalin scenario they are easily used without having to use the fire arm from a weaver style stance.....ie shooting from the 'hip'.
I've put tens of thousands of rounds through my 1911's over the years just staying 'tuned'. FAR too many times I've made the mistake of sticking my pistol back into my inside carry holster and burned the doggy doo outa' my butt cheek! In fact, i've got a pretty prominent/perminent mark there!
Rob

Last edited by White Lightning; 01-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lightning View Post
Excellent! When I got my Springfield about 5 years ago I had to put another $1,200 into it to get it tuned for a carry configuration and to fit myself. Firearm fitment is all important for repeatable accuracy and ease of operation. I'm a staunch advocate of laser sighting configurations. In a self defense/dark/sleepy-just woke-up-and-filled-with-adrenalin scenario they are easily used without having to use the fire arm from a weaver style stance.....ie shooting from the 'hip'.
I've put tens of thousands of rounds through my 1911's over the years just staying 'tuned'. FAR too many times I've made the mistake of sticking my pistol back into my inside carry holster and burned the doggy doo outa' my butt cheek! In fact, i've got a pretty prominent/perminent mark there!
Rob
The gun shop I've been frequenting has a Remington 1911 for $750 bucks. I have my eye on that one next. I bought the XD first because it was slightly cheaper and it held more rounds. From everything I read the XD got very good reviews as well.

There is a gun club about 8 miles away from my house. It cost $100 bucks a year for a family membership. I'm going to sign my people up out there (as well as myself) for classes. I'll get them used to handling them properly. That way there won't be any mystique about what Dad has in the gun case in his closet. I'm still going to keep trigger locks on them just because they do have friends come over and I can't be home all the time. I have to earn their living you know...
Old 01-14-2013, 03:12 PM

747JETMECH Driving a Ford
Default Box Cutter

12 guys killed 3000 plus people with box cutters in a few hours.......
Old 01-14-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747JETMECH View Post
12 guys killed 3000 plus people with box cutters in a few hours.......
My guess would be that they had to change a LOT of blades out.....
Rob
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM

CarsByCarl Driving a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman64 View Post
as for buying an AK-47 not going to happen besides why do you need one of those?
This is why.....

"Alexander Hamilton argued that....it was necessary for the public to be able to stop any attempt of the government to suppress freedom and therefore important that the public at large should hold firearms."

"This will not only lessen the call for military establishments, but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."....Alexander Hamilton, 'Federalist No. 29', 1788
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Phantasea466 Driving a Ford

Excellent Choice! I almost purchased a XDm about 6 months ago but got another Beretta instead, I'm a sucker for Berettas and that's my Every Day Carry, Beretta 92FS INOX.

Get you a good holster and a good GUN belt. Not one of the cheapies from walmart but an actual gun belt that will support the weight and not sag. I carry 24/7 unless im inside my place of employment or in a building where it is not allowed per Kentucky Law.

IMO the safest place to secure YOUR sidearm is on YOU and not locked up somewhere. If you need that weapon then you better be fast in order to unlock the trigger, load the magazine and chamber a round.

Get you a good gun safe as I see you will soon be collecting more.

Lots of people are panic buying due to the recent tragic events and those that didnt' plan ahead are now paying the price. Fortunately I planned ahead and have everything I ever wanted or needed. Sold some ARs recently and made some major coin on all the suckers that didn't plan ahead I still have a few for sale but they are NOT CHEAP

There's .308 AR10 magazines selling on gunbroker for $100 apiece! I'm Tempted to sale some of mine but they are so far back ordered that I may not be able to replace them so I'll just hang on to them for now...

Congrats again and check with Indiana laws on where you can and can't carry a sidearm. Here in KY we can open carry pretty much anywhere but a court house where court is in session or a school and we can conceal carry with a license. The CCW class is stupid easy and IMO some of the people in the class I attended a few years ago should NOT have passed but that's just my opinion

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466

Last edited by Phantasea466; 01-15-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: because my fingers can't spell LOL
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsByCarl View Post
This is why.....

"Alexander Hamilton argued that....it was necessary for the public to be able to stop any attempt of the government to suppress freedom and therefore important that the public at large should hold firearms."

"This will not only lessen the call for military establishments, but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."....Alexander Hamilton, 'Federalist No. 29', 1788
Carl, thank you for posting that.
Rob
Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasea466 View Post
Excellent Choice! I almost purchased a XDm about 6 months ago but got another Beretta instead, I'm a sucker for Berettas and that's my Every Day Carry, Beretta 92FS INOX.

Get you a good holster and a good GUN belt. Not one of the cheapies from walmart but an actual gun belt that will support the weight and not sag. I carry 24/7 unless im inside my place of employment or in a building where it is not allowed per Kentucky Law.

IMO the safest place to secure YOUR sidearm is on YOU and not locked up somewhere. If you need that weapon then you better be fast in order to unlock the trigger, load the magazine and chamber a round.

Get you a good gun safe as I see you will soon be collecting more.

Lots of people are panic buying due to the recent tragic events and those that didn't' plan ahead are now paying the price. Fortunately I planned ahead and have everything I ever wanted or needed. Sold some ARs recently and made some major coin on all the suckers that didn't plan ahead I still have a few for sale but they are NOT CHEAP

There's .308 AR10 magazines selling on gunbroker for $100 apiece! I'm Tempted to sale some of mine but they are so far back ordered that I may not be able to replace them so I'll just hang on to them for now...

Congrats again and check with Indiana laws on where you can and can't carry a sidearm. Here in KY we can open carry pretty much anywhere but a court house where court is in session or a school and we can conceal carry with a license. The CCW class is stupid easy and IMO some of the people in the class I attended a few years ago should NOT have passed but that's just my opinion
Damon, thanks for sharing that Good words of wisdom, I too carry 24/7. Yeah, I remember my CCW class and you're right about some shouldn't, IMO, be allowed to carry....at least without a LOT more firearms training. These 'tools' carry a lot of responsibility. It's inherent that they are easily misused by those that would further their own shortcomings by lashing out with a tool that is easily used and carries a potential for easily achieving their misguided agendas. It's the sick humans that need to be addressed, not those of us that are sane and rational and educated toward the uses of these inanimate objects.
Rob
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM

747JETMECH Driving a Ford
Default Should have read 19 men

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

These guys killed over 3000 people with nothing more than a box cutter...

"In their final report, the 9/11 Commission found the hijackers had recently purchased multi-function hand tools and assorted knives and blades."
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.