Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ? - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Full Race Tech > General Race Tech

General Race Tech All other topics, such as Fuel Delivery, Ignition, Engine, Safety, Data Aquisition, Suspension, etc...

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 PM

colormebad First On Race Day
Default Best Thread Sealant For Gas Fittings ?

What seems to be the best sealant for gas fittings ? These holly regulators just won't seal off good with other stuff i have tryed..All other fittings use o-rings , which work great...I bought some loctite at a local tractor shops that says it seals gas fittings, and other fittings i just put on the reg's, but haven't fired up the pump yet.. Loctite PST 592 is what i just put on the threads..Will know soon....Also bought some Permatex 80632 thread sealant with PTFE if the above don't work....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 PM

68montego First On Race Day

My fuel lines were leaking on my duel feed holley and I used pink plumbing pipe thread tape. Its like thread tape but alittle thicker and more durable. They don't leak anymore. Hope this helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 AM

TommyK Driving a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68montego View Post
My fuel lines were leaking on my duel feed holley and I used pink plumbing pipe thread tape. Its like thread tape but alittle thicker and more durable. They don't leak anymore. Hope this helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
+1 on teflon tape
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 AM

aquartlow First On Race Day

Teflon tape works well, just keep the tape off of the first two threads of the male fitting or you could have problems. I have also used Permatex form-a-gasket with great results. I did experiment with a couple different brands of Teflon based semi-liquid pipe thread sealant that were approved for gas/fuel lines and they sucked big time. Hope this helps. Todd

Yeah, it's a hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks somebody, somewhere is tired of her sh#t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.