would you install a c4 behind a 700hp big block? - Page 2 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Full Race Tech > Driveline

Driveline Transmission, Clutch, Gearing, etc...

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 AM

yellowhorse7 First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66prostreetFairlane View Post
Rich i'm sure you know the answer to your questions and you're trying to prove your point. We both know the car ain't done and its gone 0 miles and 0 passes. I am with you that the C6 is less maintenance and cheaper, however we all know the c6 robs more power than the c4. If he is willing to pull it ever couple of weeks then thats up to him. Most want to put the trans in and forget about for a good part of the season. I personally have mine in with a mid plate and removable trans mount so its easy to pull mine out. Dynamic Racing did try some new parts and new things on my trans and im the geni pig on it.
I hope you have better luck with Harold and Son than I did. Nice enough guys but they couldn't build a c4 that would live behind my 508. X6 mm2.....with a bunch of fancy pieces. 20 passes and the car fell off .200 like clock work. RPM, heat and nitrous killed all of mine and they built me 3. I'm not a c6 fan as I'm a small tire guy and need the tunability of the "other" options. C4's are great for a medium power deal but start putting 4 digits at it and its over

Circle R Performance
Team Z
Ultimate Converters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 10:09 AM

MrScharfenberger First On Race Day

It seems as though everybody is in the conversation except for the O.P. Who knows what he did...

I'd say if you aren't into all the maintenance and just want the fastest and most reliable drag race times then just put a power glide in it. If tenth's of a second aren't important and you just want reliability then put a C6 in it.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM

BOSS 429 Driving a Ford

No sir I didn't know yours wasn't running yet,sorry

Thought it was a while ago,I. not on a lot
BUY,SELL,TRADE BIG BLOCK FORD parts

CLYINDER HEAD PORTING
COMPLETE ENGINES
STROKERS TO STOCK SCJ TO BOSS 429'S
632 557 532 598CI ETC
READY TO RUN OR DYNOED
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 PM

86GT32 First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
It seems as though everybody is in the conversation except for the O.P. Who knows what he did...

I'd say if you aren't into all the maintenance and just want the fastest and most reliable drag race times then just put a power glide in it. If tenth's of a second aren't important and you just want reliability then put a C6 in it.
I completely forgot about this post. I normally don't check the driveline section. If I ever move up to a big block, then I'd probably run a C6, but for now, I'm gonna enjoy my 363 stroker, backed by a T5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.