My 1994 Mustang Index racing build - Page 2 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF
Send a message via Yahoo to bigblok86ranger

Mock up its complete and headed to Rich's to drop it off. :-)

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

http://www.trickchassis.com/

"LOL, WE DONT RACE DYNOS" Quoted for the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF

Getting center section Friday still need;

Spool, bearings, pinion support, seat, radiator, coil, ignition box, rear brakes. I found some deals on a few things on racing junk to buy yet and buying the case from Powered By Ford here.

I must be insane but this is kinda getting late in the year so I am seriously thinking of pulling the MS cage out and having a chromoly 25.5 cage installed and mini-tubbing it before next year.

Gotta weigh my options at this point and see what makes more sense.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 PM

68montego First On Race Day

Man that's a lot of stuff... Its coming along good though. Keep at it! What are you doing with your ranger after you taoe the motor out? Is it getting a new one?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by 68montego; 08-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 PM

MrScharfenberger First On Race Day

I am not sure how I did it but I missed a lot of your updates. I guess I've been working to much. The rear end looks great. I'm betting you get this one to hook better than the truck did with that Ford monster motor you have! ....but if you beat me to the track I'm going to have to have a talk with myself. I got to get mine done. It has been dragging on WAY too long.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68montego View Post
Man that's a lot of stuff... Its coming along good though. Keep at it! What are you doing with your ranger after you taoe the motor out? Is it getting a new one?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I sold the hollow shell for scrap price and the new Moser 33 spline axles that are in the Mustang (after I spent weeks knocking over 500 pounds off from it, but couldn't pass up this Mustang)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
I am not sure how I did it but I missed a lot of your updates. I guess I've been working to much. The rear end looks great. I'm betting you get this one to hook better than the truck did with that Ford monster motor you have! ....but if you beat me to the track I'm going to have to have a talk with myself. I got to get mine done. It has been dragging on WAY too long.
Don't get too worried I am at the point now where I can't make the stuff I need and I shook the money tree a little too hard the last couple months so I got to replenish it . Definitely won't be able to be out til mid September at thee absolute earliest. Rich is making the dyno appointment tomorrow, then I have to get the car absolute 100% mocked up the way it will sit when race ready and get it scaled then give Andre the dyno numbers and the weight... info so we can get the converter right.

I have a hunch the converter is gonna end up about 1200rpm higher stall than last year. A certain stock suspension guru emphasized that wheel speed is a must with small tire stock suspension deals.

I also need to get a new radiator and have the -16 fittings welded on. After having a brand new hose leaking last year I came to the conclusion that braided stainless is the way to go for safety reasons.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Bought some used brakes off from a forum member this week and just ordered a N case, next paycheck getting the Daytona pinion support and spool with bearings and a billet yoke. Buying Rich's used gears out of his Mustang that have less than 6 passes on them, they are lightened and REM polished and look like they just came out the box. Brake pedal is being modded and reinstalled then brakes plumbed next. Vacuum pump fittings are welded into the valve covers and the -16 fitting is welded into the thermostat outlet on the intake for the braided stainless radiator hoses.

The list is getting shorter after the next round of purchases will need;

Seat

Ignition box

Radiator

Fuel pump

Fuel cell

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 08-14-2013, 07:42 PM

yellowhorse7 First On Race Day

[QUOTE=bigblok86ranger;1062239]
A certain stock suspension guru emphasized that wheel speed is a must with small tire stock suspension deals.
QUOTE]

Yes but it'll take decent shocks, the right springs and the almighty CA angle, among other things.

Circle R Performance
Team Z
Ultimate Converters
Old 08-14-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhorse7 View Post

Yes but it'll take decent shocks, the right springs and the almighty CA angle, among other things.
OK. At the risk of asking a novice question yet still wanting to further my own knowledge... What's CA angle?

Last edited by MrScharfenberger; 08-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have gotten everything you suggested Tony and paid close attention to everything you have said! I have done hours and hours of reading on the subject and will be real honest some of it is confusing but I am more of a "show me" type learner so once I get it to the track and start dialing it in it will probably "come on like a light bulb". I will be keeping notes on any adjustments to track what and how they affect the car. You have been a great help so far and sure I will be picking your brain even more.

I have;

Strange 10 way adjustables front and rear with 110# springs in rear and 150# in front, double adjustable upper and lower control arms, adjustable UCA and LCA brackets, and ARB.

I think I understand why you suggested the 10 ways to start off with, all the adjustments trying to tune a double adjustable shock and strut would be too much of a learning curve.

I am setting the gearing etc. to hopefully do 8.55@157mph

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Last edited by bigblok86ranger; 08-14-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
OK. At the risk of asking a novice question yet still wanting to further my own knowledge... What's CA angle?
Control arm angle. A lateral angle that has a direct effect on both the cars instant center and to some degree, it's anti squat value. But don't get too concerned about those terms as people over-complicate this crap all of the time. The correct control arm (lower, that is) position essentially makes the car go forward as opposed to up or up and over (up and over meaning it'll bring the car up then it'll blow the tire off).

Circle R Performance
Team Z
Ultimate Converters
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Control arm angle. A lateral angle that has a direct effect on both the cars instant center and to some degree, it's anti squat value. But don't get too concerned about those terms as people over-complicate this crap all of the time. The correct control arm (lower, that is) position essentially makes the car go forward as opposed to up or up and over (up and over meaning it'll bring the car up then it'll blow the tire off).
Hey thanks for the info. Hopefully soon I'll have a chance to start setting up and tuning my stock style suspension car. I may have a few questions later for you if you care to share info. Again thanks for the reply.

...Sorry for the hijack Eric. Carry on!!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Not a problem Chris!

My new nodular case came in today. I ended up going with a Strange unit because I got a friend that hooks me up.

I will be getting spool and bearings and Daytona pinion support... next Friday. I also got the brake pedal modified for the manual brakes wasn't too bad only took about thirty minutes.

Added a bunch of stuff to my Summit Racing shopping cart to purchase next week so I have all the part numbers... $520

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 PM

Sweet!! Gotta love a Strange rear end!!

I got one just like it. Nothing like high quality parts. Very nice indeed.

Are you running a manual master cylinder? If so are you going to have to modify where the rod attaches to the pedal? I know I had to re-do mine after I got the manual master cylinder kit from Skinny Kid Racing.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblok86ranger View Post
Not a problem Chris!

My new nodular case came in today. I ended up going with a Strange unit because I got a friend that hooks me up.

I will be getting spool and bearings and Daytona pinion support... next Friday. I also got the brake pedal modified for the manual brakes wasn't too bad only took about thirty minutes.

Added a bunch of stuff to my Summit Racing shopping cart to purchase next week so I have all the part numbers... $520
520. Get used to it. You ain't got no 10 second truck anymore. Cost me 300 to back the car out of the trailer

Circle R Performance
Team Z
Ultimate Converters
Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
520. Get used to it. You ain't got no 10 second truck anymore. Cost me 300 to back the car out of the trailer
Only $300? I gotta start shopping where you shop...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.