My 460 Torino conversion - Page 13 - 460 Ford Forum
460 Ford Forum  
Go Back   460 Ford Forum > Tech Topics > Car Buildup Forum

Car Buildup Forum A place to detail your car build and chronicle your progress as you put together your BBF powered vehicle.

460Ford.com is the premier 460 Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:59 AM

ag460torino Bleeding Blue
Default soft plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblok86ranger View Post
Auggie tap out and install screw in freeze plugs for safety and rigidity.
You wouldn't happen to know where I can get the soft plugs and what size to tap the holes would you?

And thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

bigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBFbigblok86ranger Spreads the gospal of BBF
Send a message via Yahoo to bigblok86ranger

I returned your pm but a better option would be to pm Rich aka Boss 429 he has all the info you need.

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

http://www.trickchassis.com/

"LOL, WE DONT RACE DYNOS" Quoted for the truth!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:32 PM

Default more parts

Well, the Edelbrock QuikData 2 Advanced came in and I gotta say.... looks like it's going to be a great addition!!! It came with the 8 EGT's and 9 other external sensors and 4 internal and I purchased 5 more. From what I have read, if you can't afford a racepak system (which would have been almost 7K for what I have, (my injection tuner is a distributor for racepak and sent me a quote) this system is a very good alternative. With 22 external analog and digital sensors I was still under 4K buying direct from Edelbrock!

Besides that, I got the heads and intake gskt matched, ported & polished. New valves in and ready to install. I picked up a set of screw in freeze plugs to put in. Swapping out my MSD 6-AL box plus all the add-ons like the two step and electric shift box and timing retard box for a new MSD 7AL-3 box and Pro Power coil with a crank trigger. Getting the threaded bungs welded in valve covers and headers now. Ready to set the heads on and check my clearances so I can order the new cam. I got the lexan for the windshield but still need to notch the dash and window frame to give me the extra blower room. Then I can cut the lexan to fit. I still have to order the new hood and I had better get on that or it won't be here in time and I will have to run the cracked hood from last year, lol.

It still looks like nothing has gotten done because the motor is still in pieces but I am making headway.

I finally got the information I needed for running alcohol with the nitrous system. Called Holley directly about the NOS system I got from them and they didn't have a clue!!! Seriously? You sell the system and don't know what to tell someone who is using it on an alky burner???? WOW! Turns out it is actually pretty simple! Swap the fuel solenoid to an alky compatible one and up the fuel volume by 40% over the jets you are currently running. It can be done two different ways, change the jets, which is what they advise, or up the fuel pressure by 40%. For the little I will be using it I will just bump the pressure for now since I have electric feeding alky from rear tank to front tank with the regulator right there by the rear of the engine already

Well, that's about it for now. Will get some new pics soon and post some updates. Hope all of your projects are ready... or getting close to being ready for summer! Not like it's coming anytime soon here in Ohio! haha

Take it easy.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 AM

mp40 Driving a Ford

Nice.

Thanks for the always well detailed updates. They always make me feel as i haven't done anything on my project though

Anyway. the manufacturers offering items that they have no support for is surprising. They must have bought some ones idea, not the tech behind it.

Shocktower removal enthusiast.

The race is not over till the Fat Block Ford Sings!

FBHO
Old 03-17-2014, 09:20 PM

White Lightning First On Race Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag460torino View Post
started mock up to get injection port block location and port injection line measurements and intake/hat bolt lengths. Then back apart to finish porting and polishing of heads and intake. Then assemble heads and mock it up again to check cam/valve clearances and back apart again while cam is getting ground and for final cleaning and final assembly.....

Augie, what pistons are those? They look a lot like the KB # 206's that I'm running in my boat motor.

Oh, and "Hi" again. I was off line for a while but now I'm back! Lookin' good!
Rob
Old 03-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Default pistons

Hey Rob!
How's life treating ya?
Those are Diamond forged pistons with a 33cc custom dish for CR purpose.

Take it easy and it was good to see you on here. I haven't been on nearly as much since parts started coming in and I started working on it. Will post pics as it comes together...... AGAIN, lol

Last edited by ag460torino; 04-14-2014 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added prices
Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 AM

Default prices

hey Rob... sent a PM. Let me know

also using this as a bump to since I added prices.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:15 PM

PM'd 'ya back.
Rob
Old 04-10-2014, 10:31 PM

Default powder coating booth

Got my powder coating spray booth finished today!!!!! Looks like I will be coating engine parts this weekend!!! Timing cover and oil pan first!!! Got a lot of nice candy colors and translucent colors too...... Give me a week to get mu things caught up on and if anyone needs some parts coated let me know. I will treat ya right!

Will post some pics of it tonight or in AM.......

Have a good one!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:03 PM

Default nos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp40 View Post
Nice.

Thanks for the always well detailed updates. They always make me feel as i haven't done anything on my project though

Anyway. the manufacturers offering items that they have no support for is surprising. They must have bought some ones idea, not the tech behind it.
They did..... Holley bought out NOS and the head guy from NOS is now doing NX and those guys REALLY know their sh*t!!! Wasn't on phone but 5 minutes and knew what I needed, needed to do, how to figure changes, things to watch for running alky and nitrous AND had the new alky compatible solenoid on the way to me. If anyone has questions or wants to get the right setup the FIRST time I would call those guys in a heartbeat! I talked with 4 other companies/manufacturers of nitrous systems and all they could tell me is what their brochure said, lol. These guys were all over it!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 PM

MrScharfenberger First On Race Day

You are doing some great work on that thing. I've learned a lot by following along. Keep up the good work and posting the detailed info. It is a great read and fun to follow along.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:09 PM

Default 6AL

Thanks Rob!

Box and coil shipped today! Thanks for the light and let me know when you get it. If any issues just give me a holla! lol
Old 04-20-2014, 01:33 AM

Default Happy Easter!!!!!

Did my first powder coat job! Did timing cover in dark translucent blue over a silver base. For my first job it came out AWESOME! I can't believe how easy!!!

Then yesterday my daughter and I cut out and fit the Lexan windshield. Now to notch it and form a doghouse to install.

I mocked up the short block with a freshly ported and polished Eddy Vic Jr and installed a 726 lift cam to check clearances and no problem! I ordered my new Lunati solid roller
gross lift 796/803
adv dur 326/334
dur@50 288/296
LSA/ICL 114/110
lash .024/.026 hot
RPM range 4800-8200

I have to go longer on the pushrods to get my geometry that I want. Running Crane Gold Wide Body 1.73 roller rockers and Crane roller lifters. REMEMBER, I also had roller cam bearings installed. Jomar rocker stud girdles to stiffen it up.

Installed my crank trigger magnet wheel on back side of steel blower pulley hub. Couldn't get a crank trigger for a blower set up without going with the good ones from RCI. I found Aerospace had a flying magnet kit for BBC with roots style blower but holes DID NOT match up.... with a little careful "hand held" machining I got it to fit. I installed it when I checked the cam and run-out was LESS than .004. The recommended gap is between .060-.080. That gives me .020 to play with so my .004 run-out will be fine! I can also mount the data logger pickup on the other side and use the same wheel... DOUBLE DUTY!

Doing oil pan tomorrow and mounting pump, dizzy shaft, pickup and pan. Flex plate and tapping out soft plug holes.....

Will post updated pics asap..... I am starting to post my extras in the auction block so keep looking for more stuff...

Listed 10gal fuel cell and tall alum valve covers today. Have new Malory Unilite dizzy, intake, carbs, air cleaners, main girdle and stud girdle, roller cams, roller lifters and roller rockers and many other parts that I will be listing over next few weeks so keep looking back. Will try and give heads up on here when posting parts. Also selling my block and heads that I pulled out.

Stay tuned!!!!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag460torino View Post
Thanks Rob!

Box and coil shipped today! Thanks for the light and let me know when you get it. If any issues just give me a holla! lol
Thanks Auggie! Great stuff and even better shape than I would have expected for used pieces!!
Thanks again!
Rob
Old 04-24-2014, 01:23 PM

Default update

Getting rid of a lot of my extra parts finally and also making headway on the car!

But selling parts, posting, packaging, texting pics, shipping, etc, etc..... SURE CAN TAKE A LOT OF YOUR TIME AWAY FROM YOUR PROJECT!!!!!!! hahaha

But thanks to those who have sold to me in the past and those who are buying from me now. I'm just trying to help some people out.... I'm not asking for every penny I can get, but if a part has 5 passes on it I'm not going to give it away either! lol

All I do ask is that the people who buy something because THEY need it..... USE IT, and not beat me up on price just to repost it and make a few bucks. That's not how I see this forum being.... It should be Ford guys helping Ford guys... AND GALS!!!!

I have learned a lot, used it's services and tried to give something back!

LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!

Thanks guys!!!! Oh... AND GALS if you are out there!!! hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.