460 Ford Forum banner

Received TrickFlow Intake today

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  hotrodbird 
#1 ·
It's a real nice piece. Very clean casting, superior to the Victor. The runners seem to maintain their round shape from the gasket face up to the plenum. The victor's runners are round at the gasket face and rectangular in the plenum. The carb pad is about half an inch taller than the victor and the runners appear to be slightly longer. In addition to all of this, the plenum seems to be a bit smaller than the victor. It will be installed tonight. We will go to the track Friday to check performance.
Alvin

#7 ·
Re: Trick flow intake

Alvin said:
R series? This is the single plane intake that fits the Trick Flow street heads. We presently have a full size Bronco that runs consistent 12.30s with a performer RPM airgap. The TrickFlow intake is installed and ready for Friday night.
Alvin
There is some misconception as to what the name of this intake manifold is. TFS calls it the R-Series intake manifold on their website (which I assume is correct):
http://www.trickflow.com/product/manifoldsandspacers/rseries-429460bbf/pr_53400111.asp
...and Summit Racing calls it the Track Heat intake manifold:
http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...9+4294908331+4294840123+400098+115+4294903502

#9 ·
#12 ·
backwoods said:
can you get them in a 4500 flange??
As far as I know they only have the 4150 flange at this time.

During the NMRA event Charlie and I were trying to talke the rep's into making a 4500 flange manifold as well. Haven't heard if it's in the works or not. Charlie would be the one to twist their arms and have one made :wink:

#13 ·
After getting to look mine over for a week now, its a great piece. I was hoping for some "real world" results last friday, but the weather via the track computer system threw a wrench in those plans. The overall look is first class all the way, and it seems to line up better on my TFS streets than my Victor did too. It will be quite interesting seeing how it does on the flow bench and dyno, as Lem said the Victor design is almost 15 years old, no reason TFS couldn't improve on it a bit by now.

#14 ·
prosandguy said:
After getting to look mine over for a week now, its a great piece. I was hoping for some "real world" results last friday, but the weather via the track computer system threw a wrench in those plans. The overall look is first class all the way, and it seems to line up better on my TFS streets than my Victor did too. It will be quite interesting seeing how it does on the flow bench and dyno, as Lem said the Victor design is almost 15 years old, no reason TFS couldn't improve on it a bit by now.
Isaac...glad you like the manifold . Too bad you did not get to the track :(

#15 ·
Got mine today & it is a little rough looking :( looks like the ports line up good & hope to make a few extra ponies with it. cosmeticly it is lacking compared to the victor I pulled off & sold. :?

#18 ·
The last time I spoke with TFS they said that any new intake will NOT be the R intake with a Dominator flange, it will be a totally newly designed Dominator intake, likely for big stroker combos. Now THAT I wanna see get made!! 8)

#19 ·
Something for spring 2007 would be

awesome! Especially something made specifically for the 514-557 guys. I wonder just how commited they are to it. With lots of guys running ported Victors, ( mine's being done by Scott J ) it's going to have to be a pretty decent piece to justify switching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.