Boss 429 rocker arms available? - Page 2 - 460 Ford Forum
Engine Tech A place to discuss all 385-series engine tech and theory.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would prefer rockers that oil thru the pushrods as I am using a 460 shortblock, but also wish to use my stock(repro) valve covers as well.That may well rule out the T+D rockers.Still waiting to here from Eric.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 06:40 PM

T&D Rockers

I believe T&D rockers oil thru the pushrod.

The only ones that do not are the OEM and Miller??? I believe the AR rockers also oil thru the pushrod..........

Tom

"The more hair I lose, the more head I get"
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 06:40 PM

The New Kaase Heads Take Specific Rockers. The Regular Stuff won't work with them, just to save some future confusion. The WW Rocker hes using with the Package will Clear the Blue thunder Repop Valve Covers, But you do need to trim the outside rockers and Stands Slightly, Nothing major.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Rocker Arms

Miller's Rocker arms came in both oiling configurations. I had a set of pushrod oilers. If you locate a set of OEM oilers, they can be re-configuered. These were the very best Boss rockers. I now have a set of Jesels, and they are junk by comparison.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 08:30 PM

Rocker Arms

Yes, I like the Millers also. Some of the early ones came with lightening holes and I think this was the weak point.
That last set I saw for sale was several years ago with a $$ tag of 2700.00 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"The more hair I lose, the more head I get"
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My Miller rockers needed to have the exhaust shafts changed every 30 to 40 passes. The offset load and narrow placement of the needle bearings caused the shafts to spall quickly. We were only running a flat tappet cam/double spring and turning the engine 7,000 RPM.

To solve the spalling problem, I replaced the needle bearings with bronze bushings. It helped. The shafts held up.

Miller outsmarted himself by adding the lightening hole in the exhaust rockers. I broke two or three rocker arms at the hole. After that, I had them shot peened to add a residual compressive stress to the underside and didn't break another one after that.

Miller was part con man. He didn't deliver some spare parts I paid for. I never saw the spares or the money. That was around 1989. He has resurfaced from time to time, but I wouldn't trust him if he actually had parts to sell.

Chris
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazmo View Post
My Miller rockers needed to have the exhaust shafts changed every 30 to 40 passes. The offset load and narrow placement of the needle bearings caused the shafts to spall quickly. We were only running a flat tappet cam/double spring and turning the engine 7,000 RPM.

To solve the spalling problem, I replaced the needle bearings with bronze bushings. It helped. The shafts held up.

Miller outsmarted himself by adding the lightening hole in the exhaust rockers. I broke two or three rocker arms at the hole. After that, I had them shot peened to add a residual compressive stress to the underside and didn't break another one after that.

Miller was part con man. He didn't deliver some spare parts I paid for. I never saw the spares or the money. That was around 1989. He has resurfaced from time to time, but I wouldn't trust him if he actually had parts to sell.

Chris

OLD THREAD I KNOW, But needed some info added

We made new shafts for the millers, they were too soft, junk really, There were lots of issues with his BOSS ROCKERS, adding oil holes in the pushrods helped his adjusters live.

few weeks ago talked to WW,they still dont,and prob wont make any rockers for the stock heads

A441's,and the C9AE, AND D0AE BOSS heads rockers inter change, same holes, but the AR rockers need a little help in how they bolt down.

We have jesels under stock covers,It does take some grinding, but will clear.

If you maching the left side of the AR stand you can use both bolts to hold down the rocker

my jesels are about 30 years old on both of my current engines, switch out an adjuster,or bearing once in a while. great rocker

the stand holes have to be moved on the head to install jesels.

the jk heads have their own rockers ,with stands that are cast on the head, you cant shim these to get better valve train geo.

the C Carter heads once again take a different rocker,and dont interchange because of the stands with any head.

The TM head come with the normal layout,same as A441,D0AE,and the C9AE BOSS HEADS. and these also needs the holes moved to install jesels.

We have been working on BOSS ROCKERS,and hope to have something soon for show and tell.

Rich
DanE likes this.

RICH
CIRCLE (R) 815 712 8738
--------------------------------
BUY,SELL, or TRADE BBF parts
Dynoed or Test STAND RAN
CYLINDER HEAD PORTING
HEAD FLOWING
COMPLETE ENGINES avb
From STOCK to NOT
PRO SYSTEMS CARBS
BOSS 302 351 429 800CI+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in