460 Ford Forum banner

plug gaps??

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  pedal2themetal45 
#1 ·
Ok New plugs but won't start now. was told to gap them at 20 but I went 25?? is that to small isn't 35 like normal? they came at like 45. Platinum, blaster II coil Mallory ign. A6 Msd. Only thing changed since last running was plugs. motor is a 545.
thanks
tim

#2 ·
Ok I re-gaped them to 35 started and ran but not on all 8 it seamed, should I put them back on 45 and see what happens if the head re tq and rocker readjustment doesn't help?... Vacuum gauge low 10# and bouncy, I can hear a little valve train noise so ... since I've ran it a few times to temp I'm going to pull the rockers , re torque the heads and redo the lash again... and hope that clears it up..
thanks for any reply..
tim

#5 ·
Ok.. some of the rockers were way tight I'm thinking. as when I took it apart a only loosened the locking screw very little to watch for this and when reinstalling ( on same cylinders) some were way lose and I had to turn them in several turns when re-adjusted and a few were a little to tight by very little. I'll get a chance to start it this afternoon today. fingers crossed..
tim

#6 ·
If the only thing changed was plugs is there a chance that maybe plug wires got put back on wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.