460 Ford Forum banner

Blocks for Boost

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wickettoby1 
#1 ·
Hello everybody been awhile since I posted. My A460 with P51s and 2 foggers is no longer fast enough for me so I'm going to try a new boosted combo.
I have got 2 new Garrett GTX 98mm gen 2 turbos so I'm looking for opinions on what block to buy. If I'm thinking right I will need around 600 cubes to get them to spool up on the T brake.
I looked at the premier block but I'm not sure if it has enough room for a good compression height for a strong boost piston.
I guess I'm asking if anybody has any ideas or is this just one of those run my nitrous motor another year and save money for a billet block. C&C has some nice ones and I race for fun so it will take another year to afford a billet block. All input is welcome.
Thanks. Chris

#3 ·
I'm wanting to keep my nitrous motor complete for another project. My power goals are north of 3000 I finally found a good article by Mike Moran on a 632 he did with a C&C 4.9 B.S Roberts design water block with a 11.2 deck..
It made over 4000 with no issues it's all about the extra deck height I'm gonna need the room for a strong piston and ring design.
Thanks for the reply
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.