Comin To Your City-Missouri Racing - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Comin To Your City-Missouri Racing

Just wanted to let everybody know, we are racing in Bonne Terre MO this weekend, June 10th. Its just south of St Louis, and its one hooking track. If anybody is from around there, or just wants to see some good racing, let me know or stop in. Just look for the red '78 Bronco with no top.

Big Broncos for life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:lol: I Will be there,, Will look you up, Ed.

''If you didn't Build-It'' It ain't Racing!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Man I'd love to but I have plans and it's too long of a drive :lol:

Good Luck to both of you and keep us posted!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 06:05 AM

ST LOUIS

Issac stop at Calico`s for lunch or dinner its a great place downtown about 2 blks from the arch. have fun. Gregg
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Well, things didn't go quite like I had in mind. On the good side, weather turned out great, we had no problems getting down there or anything else. Looks like my carb and fuel system are working properly too. Made my first time trial pass, 5.42 w/2.2 60ft, but 66MPH. This told me that we did not get off the line well, as the guy next to me ran a [email protected] My wife also told me it was just blowing the tires off until 100ft or so. Between rounds I added 1lb of air to each rear tire and raised the launch RPM to 4800 from 4500. 2nd pass, let go of the trans brake, and went about 25 ft until the bronco acted like it was in severe tire shake, but with a REALLY LOUD noise from the rear. Needless to say, pinion gear expired and our night was done. Lots of towing for 1 and 1/4 passes, and some broken parts. Never broke the rear end before, must be making some power!! I am wondering though, should I buy a Pro gear this time, or not? This gear set lasted about 10 years, and I am pretty sure its just a standard 5.14 Motive Gear set.

Big Broncos for life!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 PM

Prosand, are you running 5:14's in front?

''If you didn't Build-It'' It ain't Racing!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 03:21 PM

Issac,

I've never ran one of the Pro gears, All I've ever ran are the Richmond street gears. I know sand dragging is different from Drag racing but if you broke the pinion yoke then you are making some POWER!

For the record I'm running a 4.30 gear.

When we were truck pulling we always used standard type gear sets in the front and back.

Hope you get it fixed, sounds like it's gonna FLY!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

What rear axle is it? Dana 60? Ford 9"? If it's a 'crush sleeve' (pinion bearing preload) type rear end, then I'd replace it with a shim pack. Most of the performance axle suppliers sell these. The other issue is, the lower you go in gear ratio (numerically higher), the weaker the pinion gear gets (decreased number of teeth). Might need to swap to a larger axle.

May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys, for the record its a 9" and I am running 5.14s in the front also. I actually stripped off a couple of teeth from the pinion gear. I think I just flat wore out that gear set, like I said, almost 10 years old and not taking it easy either. I am going with a std type gear and a good pinion support this time. I have an "N" case, but with the factory pinion support. I think we just found the useful life of said gear set and all. I will keep you all posted, this might take a couple weeks, I promised my wife some new kitchen floor after getting back from Missouri, doh!!

Big Broncos for life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in