throttle position sensor - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

throttle position sensor

So I sent my hat off and they made this for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:21 PM

Re: throttle position sensor

[quote="JSracing"]So I sent my hat off and they made this for it.

That looks great.

Chevy TPS...what EFI are you running?

www.RaceSystems.com
Home of Project Ludicrous Speed
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Re: throttle position sensor

[quote="ByronRACE"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSracing
So I sent my hat off and they made this for it.

That looks great.

Chevy TPS...what EFI are you running?
big stuff three.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

hmm, looks impressive jerry! what happens next? bobn
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrbob
hmm, looks impressive jerry! what happens next? bobn
next we get busy working to make more money to buy more parts. It's a catch 22 thing Bob.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

i should have know better, lol! i was thinking more along the lines of a crank trigger or a temputure sensor or intake air sensor or ? thanks jerr, bobn!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 09:43 PM
TopSportsman916

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Jerry, who made the sensor set up for you? It looks good. Who is the rest of the build coming? If you are like me. it's slow!! :lol:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSportsman916
Jerry, who made the sensor set up for you? It looks good. Who is the rest of the build coming? If you are like me. it's slow!! :lol:
Force Fuel injection in Miami FLa..

http://force-efi.com/

yes it is slow, but I dont mind. The slow part is the chassis. Lem ordered some pistons for me. should be in in a week or so. Some Diamond flat tops, for my "A" heads. Nothing exotic. 13.5.1 or close to it.

Dave M has my block, crank rods, dampner... as soon as he gets the pistons he will bore the block, then probably balance the new crank, pistons, rods etc.. then who knows? buy a cam i suppose and throw the dang thing together!

I did buy some dry sump stuff last week. Pan and can... looking for a pump, will probably buy new one from Peterson when the time comes. I had a 5 stage moroso but I sold it because it was for a small block.

the tunnel ram is done and I have the injectors, bocsh 160lb per hr bad boys . The TPS is done as you can see. all that is left is the rest of the sensors, wiring harness and the Big stuff 3 box itself. approx another $2K. :shock:
Then we have to make a transition piece to go between the hat and the T-Ram. I suppose we'll set the motor in the car and get the front cap on it to see "where" the hat is before we cut on a peice of expensive billet. that way it might have some form as well as function.... going fast isnt good enough, you have to look good doing it lol. :lol: My Dad used to tell me, "son it doesnt cost anymore to go first class, you just can't go as often" which means I may have to sit my azz at home and eat beans for a while. :shock: what the hell, you can't take it with you when u go...

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 PM
TopSportsman916

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Sounds like you have a game plan. I was told along time ago "it only costs a dollar more to go first class". I also learned a long time ago that I don't have the financial resorces to be the fastest. So I settle for being fast & looking damn good doing it!!! I am anxious to see what your beast is going run when you get it all together. Good luck & keep me posted.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:58 PM

160's shown?

Interesting...

My 160lb/hr injectors are gray, and came from Ford.

Green is usually 42lb/hr, but it's usually a brighter green than that. I've never seen a 160 that color.

Also, if you want a starting point or want to swap notes about injector pulsewidth, I might be able to help you...it's very critical not to wash the rings when using squirters that big.

Make sure your low impedance injector driver is supplies a full 4A peak current to open the injector and a 1amp hold current to keep it open. Some of these injector driver boxes don't do this...and with the 160's, it's imperative or you will not achieve the short-duration response you need to make the engine idle. You have 2000+hp worth of injector there...making it idle lean requires sub-1ms pulsewidths, and anything other than a true 4/1 driver won't cut it...I've been there.

Also, if this is bank fire, keep in mind that at WOT as the rpms get high, there are short periods where all 8 injectors will see 4A peak EACH (32amps total)...so don't skimp on wire gauge. Most guys build their harnesses from 18ga or smaller wire. This is not appropriate for this type of current consumption. Mine is 16ga and I have a voltage drop on the injectors when they're all on. 14ga would be better...and the main feed going to the 2 banks should be more like 12 or 10ga. If there are any connections involved between the injectors and the harness, check the current rating...make sure you have at least enough connector for 40A or you'll have a problem brewing there as well. I actually melted a weatherpak connector rated at 30A peak.

The car will run if the harness isn't optimal, but injector response time (idle mostly) may suffer. I can't idle mine down below 850 or I get into a gray area where the injectors don't reliably respond.

Those 160's, with proper wiring and control, respond as fast as 0.3ms with 40psi of fuel pressure; and even faster if you drop the base pressure. I run mine at 20psi; I have no need for a true 160lb/hr flow rate.

Byron

www.RaceSystems.com
Home of Project Ludicrous Speed
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Re: 160's shown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronRACE
Interesting...

My 160lb/hr injectors are gray, and came from Ford.

Green is usually 42lb/hr, but it's usually a brighter green than that. I've never seen a 160 that color.

Also, if you want a starting point or want to swap notes about injector pulsewidth, I might be able to help you...it's very critical not to wash the rings when using squirters that big.

Make sure your low impedance injector driver is supplies a full 4A peak current to open the injector and a 1amp hold current to keep it open. Some of these injector driver boxes don't do this...and with the 160's, it's imperative or you will not achieve the short-duration response you need to make the engine idle. You have 2000+hp worth of injector there...making it idle lean requires sub-1ms pulsewidths, and anything other than a true 4/1 driver won't cut it...I've been there.

Also, if this is bank fire, keep in mind that at WOT as the rpms get high, there are short periods where all 8 injectors will see 4A peak EACH (32amps total)...so don't skimp on wire gauge. Most guys build their harnesses from 18ga or smaller wire. This is not appropriate for this type of current consumption. Mine is 16ga and I have a voltage drop on the injectors when they're all on. 14ga would be better...and the main feed going to the 2 banks should be more like 12 or 10ga. If there are any connections involved between the injectors and the harness, check the current rating...make sure you have at least enough connector for 40A or you'll have a problem brewing there as well. I actually melted a weatherpak connector rated at 30A peak.

The car will run if the harness isn't optimal, but injector response time (idle mostly) may suffer. I can't idle mine down below 850 or I get into a gray area where the injectors don't reliably respond.

Those 160's, with proper wiring and control, respond as fast as 0.3ms with 40psi of fuel pressure; and even faster if you drop the base pressure. I run mine at 20psi; I have no need for a true 160lb/hr flow rate.

Byron

Thanks for the tips Byron.

These came from Bosch.

I will be running methanol, and a belt drive pump. We'll have alot of chassis dyno time on this set up over at Wade's shop. Southern speed in tupelo.
http://www.southernspeedracing.com/
I do all my own wiring and I never skimp on wire size. You might say I am in the "wire" business. I do PLC controls and communication networking for a natural gas pipeline.

I appreciate your advice and will no doubt need more as this project progresses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in