OUCH! Car bites guardrail. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

OUCH! Car bites guardrail.

Saw this posted over on the North Texas Bracket Racers forum, it's about half way down the page.

http://www.dragsterworld.com/2006rep...t_photos_1.php

When it comes to "drag racing" rock-paper-scissors,........concrete beats fiberglass every time!

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. Dave::
460 street '66 Ranchero.......................finished someday.
460 race '70 Maverick..........................finished someday.
All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.
My youtube page. Some ancient & newer local race video.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Dave..........Do you know of the Texas ProStock Assn.? I really like their rules & format. I'd like to see a deal like that here in Florida, cuz I know lots of guys (including me) with cars that would fit right in, but it's a helluva tow to Texas every weekend. http:/www.texasprostock.com

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

TSPA is a pretty cool organization. I was really interested in it when it was formed a few years ago. Now the cars are way to fast for my budget - one recently ran a 4.8. If you don't run 4.8x to 4.9x you won't be in the hunt. They are head's-up, but don't count on aborted runs cause you won't see any. These people have there cars down cold - they go straight and fast. This is with 585 or so max CID no "C" or big chief heads. Single cast manifold no nitrous blowers etc.

They do need more Fords though.

Faster cars, running tractors, and rain in TX - I can dream

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeh......I've read their rules. Penalties for big inches, multiple carbs, etc. Lots of n/a cars down here that'll go 5.0 flat pretty easily. Of course, as soon as you say, "heads up" the price of being competitive rises. I know I should have chosen a cheaper hobby, but now I'm hooked on this one.

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

A while back there used to be a group around here called the "Texas Pro Stock Owners Association", I don't know if the "Texas Pro Stock Association" is the same group of guys but it could be.

I think that because there are quite a few tracks in this area (north & central Texas) that makes for a big market for a large number of different racing circuits. Different strips around this area in the past have run on any given weekend Outlaw Pro Mods, Outlaw Top Sportsman, King of the hill (back-half cars), True 10.5, Outlaw 10.5, and some times the Fuel Altereds....plenty of places to watch racing & spend money.

Two racing circuits that have recieved a lot of press over the years is the southern "Dixie Pro Stocks" (I think that's the name), and the "Wild Bunch" circuit (mostly blown P/M) on the west coast, they both sound like a blast.

All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 07:42 PM

Are you sure that wasn't the Texas PRO GAS Owners Association. The reason I ask is the yellow Fairlane in my avatar used to run that circuit back in the day - 90's. Back then, ole yeller used to run a 598 C-headed motor that ran 5.6x @3500# N/A by a man in his 60's under the guise "Social Security Racing".

TSPA is somewhat of a Houston-based organization. It will run at San Antonio, Pine Valley (Lufkin), and Temple Academy but mostly stays around Houston (Angleton, Sealy, Houston Motorsports and Houston Raceway).

Another organizzation around here is FSTA (Factory Street of Texas)
http://www.factorystreet.com/
Stock suspension, 10.5 tires, full interior, working lights 3200# for BB, no "pro-stock" heads. These guys are running bottom 5's. They were also smart enough to maintain a 5.75 index class for people who can't or aren't willing to leave their motor in the trash barrel at the track. Cause if you aren't willing to do that, you aren't willing to win.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE_rex
Are you sure that wasn't the Texas PRO GAS Owners Association. The reason I ask is the yellow Fairlane in my avatar used to run that circuit back in the day - 90's.
I'm not sure, but I don't really remember a circuit being booked at the Kennedale track with the "Pro Gas" name. I think that the Texas Pro Stock Owners Association might have been from around the Houston area...(my memory sucks).

I think there was also a group called "T.O.P.S." years ago (maybe "Texas Outlaw Pro Stock"???)

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:21 PM

You're probably right. Most of the people I know that ran this were from the Houston area

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in