Anyone in Lafayette, LA?? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Anyone in Lafayette, LA??

At the risk of sounding desperate is there any Ford people around Lafayette, LA? I moved here 3 years ago and have not met any automotive people. There is always a couple of mullet heads with their 78 Camaro around but no Ford guys. My girls have been bugging me lately that we have more Fords than a Lafayette car show. LOL. I came from Edmonton where we had a million people and all my friends had race cars and race shops, thursday night at the Petro Can netted more cars than the biggest car show I have seen here. It really sucks now! :cry:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm over in Marrero, on the westbank of the river from New Orleans. Not nearby but at least in the same state.

What brought you down here from Edmunton?

Have you made it over to the dragstrips in Eunice, Baton Rouge or Belle Rose yet?

John

John

87 Mustang, 514, glide, etc...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:37 PM

If it is any consolation I am from Opolusas originally, but I live up near memphis now. We go down once or twice a year for LSU games. Bring my 24 ft enclosed to have fun in. You're welcome to slip on by for some good food and fun! 8)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

I moved here for work (oil field related). I went to Eunice right after we moved. My Pinto ran 12.50's there in full street trim. I haven't been to any other tracks around here though. I took the engine out of my Pinto last year and put it in my 56. I have 3 cars now and I just bought the wife a new mustang GT so I have been a little on the broke side lately. I had a 302 in my Pinto and I had bought a blower for it but now I am leaning towards a 545. It is a big step when I have so many small block parts already.

Quote:
If it is any consolation I am from Opolusas originally, but I live up near memphis now. We go down once or twice a year for LSU games. Bring my 24 ft enclosed to have fun in. You're welcome to slip on by for some good food and fun!
You'll have to post a message next time you are around. I have never been to an LSU game so that sounds like a good time.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 04:39 PM

In Oklahoma

I'm in Oklahoma, but travel to Lafeyette pretty often (also Oilfield related). I don't remember the name of the town, but there is a speedshop in one of the small towns 20-30 miles west of Lafayette on I-10. It is a metal building on the north side of the highway. They have some used stuff and some new, but the owner has a 64 Fairlane with a 351. You might stop in and visit with him and see if there are any other Ford guys in the area.

James
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 PM

im not in La but im right next door...Jackson Ms.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:10 PM

Re: In Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane62
I'm in Oklahoma, but travel to Lafeyette pretty often (also Oilfield related). I don't remember the name of the town, but there is a speedshop in one of the small towns 20-30 miles west of Lafayette on I-10. It is a metal building on the north side of the highway. They have some used stuff and some new, but the owner has a 64 Fairlane with a 351. You might stop in and visit with him and see if there are any other Ford guys in the area.

James

I think it's something like A-1 Speed & Performance. I've seen that place for years while travelling the highway (oilfield related as well). Never stopped in though. I think it's around the Crowley or Rayne exits off of I-10 west.

Jay, No Problem Raceway is hands down the nicest track around. It's owned by some stock and super stock racers from the area. It's only a few years old and has a beautiful strip and some nice pits and even some camper spots. They are constantly expanding too.

Oh yeah, they have a nice road course too!

So, what does everyone here do that is oilfield related? I work in engineering for a company that builds steering. propulsion and automation controls for offshore supply vessels that are used in the oilfield.

John

John

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:42 PM

You are correct

John,

You are correct. I believe that it may the Rayne exit. It's about 1/8 mile past the exit. You have to take the exit and then take a slight jog at the intersection to get on the access road and continue west past the intersection.

I work in Technical Services (QA and Engineering) for a drilling and production equipment manufacturer. Our Louisiana manufacturing facilities are in Broussard, Lafayette, Scott and Houma, so I'm down there pretty often.

James
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

I work for Pathfinder Energy Services as a directional driller. We drill oil/gas wells in all different directions and different angles. It is interesting but mostly it pays the bills.

I actually joined the Acadiana Mustang Association yesterday so hopefully I will meet some Ford people that way. That is a neat little 64 Fairlane that A1 has. I have not been out there for a couple years but it was at the car show yesterday.

Where do you live in Oklahoma James? We were supposed to open an office in Oklahoma City last year but I don't think we ever did. Everone is so busy that there is very few people to hire making it hard to expand.
We do have a sale person there that is it. I

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:37 PM

I worked for schlumberger for 5 years before I started working for ElPaso gas pipeline. Been with EP 16 years this month.
I do automation, controls and communications.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:05 PM

I work for Engine Monitor, Inc. Some of our bigger customers are Hornbeck Offshore, Tidewater, etc... I like the work but am currently looking to make a move to do something different in the oilfield. I'm trying like hell to get on with one of the aforementioned boat operators. I guess I don't care to sit in the office day in and day out.

John

John

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:45 PM

South of OKC

Jason,

I just moved from northwestern OK to southcentral OK. About 60 miles south of OKC.

I stopped to take a look at his Fairlane because it is similar chassis to my 62 Fairlane (well actually I'll stop and look at just about any old Ford).

James
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Re: South of OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane62
Jason,

I just moved from northwestern OK to southcentral OK. About 60 miles south of OKC.

I stopped to take a look at his Fairlane because it is similar chassis to my 62 Fairlane (well actually I'll stop and look at just about any old Ford).

James
I think that is a car guy thing. I have pictures of this cool 64 Wagon that we seen in Kansas when we drove down from Canada. As a matter of fact I have alot of pictures of Fords I have found while surfing. When I powerball I won't be able to build a garage big enough to store all the old Fords I would buy! LOL.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:10 AM

If any of y'all are going racing anytime soon, let me know. I live in Austin now, but am originally from Slidell/Pearl River (north of New Orleans near Mississippi border) and am taking some leave at my parents for the next month or so. Only drag car I have here is my '69 GTO; plan to run it this week in Gulfport, MS or maybe Belle Rose.

Scott
[email protected]

66 Fairlane GT Convt, built 428 with E-brock heads, Toploader 4 sp
68 GTO convt., 455, TH400
70 RAIV GTO, 400, M21, 4.33
71 Javelin road race project, 401, T10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in