Iron River MI and Suring WI Pulls - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Iron River MI and Suring WI Pulls

Quote:
Well I got my 950 gears today ... I'll be using them on Saturdays pull at Suring..
Friday night I'll be pulling in Iron River MI .. they have a Clay sand mix that they use to have there Rodeo's on ...that they plow a track into .. so I'll be running my 1200 Gear there ... last year I ran my 1000 gear and finished 6th .. hoping to do better this year ....

Well keep you all posted ..

So far this motor that Lem and Charlie Sold me the parts for .. Rocks

ShaZam
OK I put the 1200 Gear in For Iron River turned 8400 Rpm's in Super Stock and Finished in 4th place .. left the 1200 gear in there for Mod and turned 8200 and finished 3rd place ... So I did better then I did last years and learned lots about gearing.

Suring I was going to put my 950 gear in but after looking at the track I changed too a 800 instead.. the crew there really did a good job with the track ...And it was taking a lot of horsepower to make it out the end.
In Super Stock I turned 7800 Rpm's and took 1st place. and only changed tires for Mod.
I rolled ShaZam out to about the 50' mark and really took my time with the go fast peddle and ShaZam really hooked to the track in that class, I broke the ring and pinion at the very end of the track Turning 7200 Rpm's.
Had I not broke the ring and pinion I may have gotten another foot.
I was tied for 2nd place but seeing I broke I ended up with 3rd.

ShaZam

Here's the link..

http://www.zippyvideos.com/763898695..._river_suring/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 09:07 PM

Excellent! Looks like you getting it figured out. Do you run a dana 70,80 or a rockwell rear? It sounds like that new motor is gonna show you the weak links in your driveline, but thats pulling. It can be brutal to the driveline. You better be carefull though, those chivy guys will start crying and you'll find a rule change next year thats not in you favor. Great job and good luck.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

NO I have 2.5 Military rearends in there ... But I'm running low on parts .. Have to find a better suppy or get some tuffer stuff I guess...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 08:31 AM

Nice job keep reeling them in. The gearing is critical and seems to make all the difference in a good winning pull or as we say when one of the guys makes the wrong gear choice and the motor wont pull it "He stepped on his dick" OH and the playing hooky truck that did so good up by you two weeks ago came all apart at Watertown last saturday. If you come up empty on your ring and pinion you might want to try badger rebuilders in Madison they will have the parts for you. Well good luck this weekend and we will go sunday to Marshall,WI and see if i can put truck in that #1 spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in