Ford siezes mustang site - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:59 AM

I read the FOMOCO site often - and Ford just lost my business...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 04:09 PM

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Well FOMOCO is a tough one seems how it is the name of the company. But, as far as Mustang, or Falcon or Pinto or anything else I think it is totally ridiculous that they can trade mark these names. The Mustang and horse or pony have been around long before these A holes at Ford have been so what right do they have to the name? Do they pay anything to all the Mustang horses in this country? It is retarded I think. As far as Ford, they can kiss my aZZ cuz I don't see any new Fords in my future. My next truck will be an import.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 09:31 PM

yea that's just what this country needs,more fools making a jump to jap junk over something like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:37 AM

Jap junk ain't so bad. Heck, a lot of it is made here now and a lot of domestic production is overseas. Name doesn't really matter much for place of origin anymore. I like my Infiniti Q45 and even though it's built kinda cheaply like a jap car should be, it sure beats any factory ford sedan I've been in. I like my beemers most. They're not Japanese built and the parts are a bit pricey but they're solid and well thought out. The only domestics I have are farm work trucks and my old '69 mach1 project. For basic beater rigs I think the domestics are great. Parts are cheap and there's not much leather interior to maintain. By the way, the fit and finish of my old mustang is horrific compared to either the Infiniti or BMWs... but that's the way it should be. Raw, rough, and tuff muscle car, nothing more, no less.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtstdhrse
yea that's just what this country needs,more fools making a jump to jap junk over something like this.
Well if I had a business that wasn't doing to well the last thing I would do is start screwing over my supporters. Alot of the "imports" are made in the US now while the US Manufacturers have been outsourcing parts over seas so it is a pretty blurry subject as to whether or not it is actually an import or not. I was simply refering to buying a Nissan instead of another FORD. I have owned nothing but Fords for over 20 years and loyalty should mean something (it does to me) but it doesn't mean crap to Ford so how else do you send a message that you are dis-satisfied with their actions? You shop elsewhere, it doesn't matter if it is clothes, furniture or cars.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 PM

well I work as a tech in a ford/toyota dealership and it ain't pretty.to repair a toyota is out of this world,put a starter on a tundra v8,4.5 hrs labor plus 400.00 for a starter.(it's under the intake).another example a 4cyl.rav 4 shortblock w/o gaskets or labor 4000.00/9800.00 long block,loss of oilpressure,then you work all day to find a rattle and the japs don't think they need to pay for their engineering mistakes. tough to make a living on commission.this is a rural area-when used as a truck,they seem to cost more in the long run.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Next thing you know I will have to change my online name :shock:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in