1984 Mustang SVO V8 Swap - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1984 Mustang SVO V8 Swap

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:03 pm Post subject: Link Please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone post a link to the old Network54 page for discussion on the 351 fords? Looking for some stroker 351 engine parts. Also looking for someone that has done a swap on a 1984 SVO mustang to a 351 V8 5 speed.

Thanks

ByronRACE

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:19 pm Post subject: Bay area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noticed you were in the bay area. Is smog an issue for you? If so, you have to be very careful what parts you pick or it'll never pass the referee. Basically, you'd have to build the car to 1995 Cobra R specs, because as far as I know...that's the only performance passenger car ford put out after 1984 that had a 351W in it, and the swap rules state the engine can't be from a truck or older than the car.

747JETMECH

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:38 pm Post subject: Hello

My Uncle has a 1984 SVO and is shipping out here to C.A. from M.N. for a V8 swap. He wants a stroker windsor and a 5 or 6 speed stick. Wants to retain most of the guages, etc. I would like to use as many stock parts as possible ( Thank god for Pick N Pull ) but looking for ideas on what type of trans to use, short cuts, etc. Its not a drag only car, more of a top end road race, screw around stop light to stop light car.
I am looking for a EASY swap. If someone wants to school me on this I could use some help.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in