07 Shelby GT500 - Are People Really paying this much? Lem? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

07 Shelby GT500 - Are People Really paying this much? Lem?

Looks like some people are paying $15K to $20K over MSRP! Are they really that foolish or just have too much money?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=646200

When I first heard about the new GT500 I actually thought about selling my race car to get one BUT then I woke up and realized I couldn't afford it :lol:

I've also heard that Ford will be making a new Boss 302 Mustang.

Now if they made a New Boss 429 type mustang I may be persuaded :lol:

Lem you know anything about the mark up on the new GT500?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:26 AM

I had my name on two list. Number one and number three. I refuse to pay more than MSRP. But I don't have to worry about that anymore.

This GT500 is going to be the best thing for Corvete sales! Ford dealerships are going to try and screw soooo many people that they will quit buying Fords.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones
I had my name on two list. Number one and number three. I refuse to pay more than MSRP. But I don't have to worry about that anymore.

This GT500 is going to be the best thing for Corvete sales! Ford dealerships are going to try and screw soooo many people that they will quit buying Fords.
That's the impression that I got from what I've read.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Several dealers here in Ontario have them in stock and due to government restrictions a dealer may Not mark-up more than 10% over msrp. Try a Canadian source you may be pleasingly surprised!!!!!!!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 01:27 PM

Several dealers here in Ontario have them in stock and due to government restrictions a dealer may Not mark-up more than 10% over msrp. Try a Canadian source you may be pleasingly surprised!!!!!!!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Re: 07 Shelby GT500 - Are People Really paying this much? Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasea466
Looks like some people are paying $15K to $20K over MSRP! Are they really that foolish or just have too much money?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=646200

When I first heard about the new GT500 I actually thought about selling my race car to get one BUT then I woke up and realized I couldn't afford it :lol:

I've also heard that Ford will be making a new Boss 302 Mustang.

Now if they made a New Boss 429 type mustang I may be persuaded :lol:

Lem you know anything about the mark up on the new GT500?
Well , 65.22% said they paid over sticker so that should speak for it's self . Before the cars were delivered brokers were faxing dealers offering $15,000 over MSRP so that set the bar pretty high from the git go .
If someone got screwed they screwed themself , everything is worth but what someone will give...high or low . Want to see people get screwed , watch Barrett Jackson....then they charge the seller and buyer 8% for a total of 16% of the selling price . Be it a pair of shoes , a house or a used 1050 holley dominator carb , if it's more than I think it's worth I go home with out it . If 37 people tell a dealer they will not give but MSRP for the Shelby Mustang...that's what it'll get sold for . In the mean time , if some dude with the coin doesn't what anybody but him to have the car it could go for big bucks .
P.S. Haste makes waste....they will be like the Ford GT......cheaper in Jan-Feb 2007
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:26 PM

Lem, do you have any or are you going to get some Gt500's? What are you going to be selling them at?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:27 PM

The prices will drop. Soon. I'm a regular reader on the best source for GT 500 info. stangsunleashed.com One of the regulars over there did a nationwide search. Over 200 (out of perhaps 1000 built so far) of them nationwide sitting unsold on lots. The unsold ones all have high ADM's of 10-40K over sticker. The price will come done as more and more hit the streets.

There are some good dealers out there, and there are many slimeball dealers. There are many stories of the slimeballs going back on their word and wanting huge ADM's for cars that they had already agreed to sell at MSRP. Many dealers will also tell you wild stories about what cars are selling for on ebay etc. Fact is, most of the ebay cars don't meet the reserve price and a little research shows the majority of the cars have "shill bidders" to raise the bid with no intention of buying.

For the record, I have *no* problems with a dealer getting his best price out of car. As long as the dealer was up front from the start and told the customer that they couldn't commit to a price until the the car arrived. I do have a problem with some of the slimeballs that are going back on their word. Many stories of that happening. I wish nothing buy pain and suffering on the slimeballs.

I've had a deposit down for close to a year and an agreement for MSRP. I'm 3rd in line at my dealer. He's getting two for sure and we don't know about any others yet. There will be approx 2500-3000 cars that will divided up among all the dealers based on their "share of the nation" sales of regular Mustangs. These are in addtion to the ones dealers get for certifying to sell the car, SVT dealer, Presidents award winner, etc. If I get mine this year, fine. If not, I'll be first in line for his first '08 model in 11 months.

David Cole
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:28 PM

the one we have is going for like $10K over list. They had 10 peoiple put their name in a hat and after they ck to make sure the buyers have the $$$$, the winning "ticket holder" gets the car. If anyone wants one, just wait.....the 1st GT we had went for $250K, $103K over sticker :shock: .....the next 2 we sold at sticker just to get rid of them.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtek1
the one we have is going for like $10K over list. They had 10 peoiple put their name in a hat and after they ck to make sure the buyers have the $$$$, the winning "ticket holder" gets the car. If anyone wants one, just wait.....the 1st GT we had went for $250K, $103K over sticker :shock: .....the next 2 we sold at sticker just to get rid of them.
My local dealership has a GT sitting in a warehouse. They where going to build a showroom but they didn't think they where going to get one. Well, SVT called them out of the blue and gave the a delivery date! They were surprised! Needless to say I was there when the car was delivered and took plenty of pictures and they allowed me to sit in the car. (Which I now know I am about 5" too tall. Anyone over 6'0" will not fit!) It was funny my head was sticking out the top and I couldn't really move my legs.

Anyhow, it's still sitting there waiting for that buyer!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Quote:
Lem, do you have any or are you going to get some Gt500's? What are you going to be selling them at?
I will only get two . One that all dealers get and one for winning the presidents awards . They will not go to the highest offer , they will only be offered to to people who have helped keep me in biz the past 34 years .
Funny about the "selling Corvettes" remark....I was talking to the guy who bought my 1st Shelby , at the boat drags this weekend , and he said a buddy of his did just that ....but...it was NOT about the price . He was paying pretty big for the car . It was about his car coming in and getting sold to someone from out of state that offered MORE money....dirty pool IMO
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

While true, some people will choose the plastic fantastic chevy over the Shelby, they are probably predisposed to making that decision anyway. I for one, will never have any vehicle that costs over $20,000 as buying a home etc is far more important at this stage in my life.

Some Ford dealers are like a plague, they are always increasing the cost of all of the Ford lineup etc. Try to buy any Ford at sticker price or at MSRP they will laugh you off of the lot..Especially any of the performance cars (even the standard v6 Mustang) They are all several hundred (or more) over the MSRP. Why?

There are precious few products that the public ever has to pay the MSRP on! Cars are one of these products why? However, the average Mustang buyer is young gets caught up in the mustang looks/performance he doesn't seem to care about the price he just buys the car(s) that he wants and gets a loan to do it.

Performance, hype and names sell the Mustang. That relates to overall cost and dealer profits. Just imagine when Shelby passes on....

I think that the aveage Ford person that I meet doesn't have a clue as to what a boss 302 really is or for that matter, that Ford never made a 427 "Cobra Jet" and that the 429 isn't an FE. Countless people don't even know the difference between a Boss 302 and a 289/302 but they still know the Boss name.

I made a trip over to a local, very large Ford dealership in town to see the new 2005 mustang and it turned out that I knew far more than any of the dealers that I talked to about the GT. In fact, the dealer that ended up trying to sell me a GT, had all sorts of Oldsmobile pictures on his desk top and on the walls. In fact, he spent several minutes talkng about when he sold Oldsmobiles!

Names and hype has always sold cars and Ford probably sold more cars over the years on just the names like the Cobra Jet, Boss, Shelby etc.

I love my Fords and I won't break my Ford only streak that I have maintained over the years that I have driven. The corvette c6 is a very fast car and I think its performance comes from the newest small block Ford (er, chevy?) that it has in it.

If you look at the latest small block chevy closely, you will note the 4.6 like bottom end with the center mounted thrust bearing as well as the 462 Lincoln like, tall narrow intake runners as well as the Ford like valve/runner spacing. There are far too many design parameters that are Ford like to ignore in that engine...

1967 Mustang coupe, Mustang II front suspension. W/RV camed, D3VE headed, 460/C6 (soon to be 557 CID w/ported police interceptor heads) out of the box BBC headers(with homemade steel adapters)

Shocktower removal enthusiast.

The race is not over till the Fat Block Ford Sings!

FBHO
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Lem can I have one of your GT500's :?: :P Try to get the Red one for me :lol:

I would still love to get a GT500 however I would have to sell the race car and my truck............ NOT going to happen anytime soon

Since 2002 my wife and I have purchased my 2002 F150 XLT ext cab 4x4, my wifes 2002 Mustang GT and my wifes 2005 Escape via the X-plan through Wells Fargo. IF/WHEN I buy a new Ford again I'll be making a trip over to Livermore Ky to visit Lem

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 08:49 AM

Lem, I have bought 9 new cars and trucks from my dealership since 2000. Every time I kind of moved up. 99 Ranger,00 Explorer, 00 & 01 two Taurus, 02 supercrew F150, 03 7.3 Limited Excursion, 04 F150, 05 Mustang Gt. Then there was a 99 f150.

Would I be considered to you as a good customer?

and

Is asking to pay invoice not so hard to ask instead of having to get a x-plan pin number everytime?

The dealership pissed me off after I had major back surgery and I could no longer shift. So the Mustang had to go. They wouldn't work with me. (Kept wanting to play games where I went upside down) So I went and bought my wife a 06 Honda Accord.

I have always been proud that I have never been upside down.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 03:12 PM

....But what about the shelby GR-1 ????????????If you got a gr-1 ,you do not need no stinkin house!!!! :lol: The gr-1 was suppose to be 2007!!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in