Racepak installed - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Racepak installed

Hey now I can tell you exactly where my car is slow.....

Craig Sullivan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Re: Racepak installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ34
Hey now I can tell you exactly where my car is slow.....
I do not know about where , but I do know about why........did your cyl head porter have 7 masters degrees :?: Charlie told me that knowledge is POWER :lol: :P :shock: 8)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Maybe he needed 8 he only worked on 7 holes

Craig Sullivan

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ34
Maybe he needed 8 he only worked on 7 holes
Please do not disrespect Charlie :cry: Let us know how that deal works 8)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 AM
TopSportsman916

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Craig , you are going to love your Racepak. I have a V300 with the V-Net gauges & it was the best money I spent on the car. You will be amazed with everything it will show you. I would hate to race without it now.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 AM

I gotta see one of these. I like techi gadgets

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
TopSportsman916

Damon, if you want to read up on these either go to www.racepak.com or go to www.competitionplus.com & scroll down to you see "Data Logging-Racepak's Newest". They have some good info. Nice thing about the V300 & V500 series data loggers is that they are a modular design. You dont have individual wires for every sensor going back to the logger itself. The cables have connectors that you can piggy back with one another & you have just one cable going back to the logger. Each cable plug has a small processer board in it. Neat little set up. I also opted for the data cartridge downloading capability. Instead of hooking a serial cable from the logger to my computer, I just plug the cartridge into the logger & download the run. This takes about 15-30 seconds. Then I have a cartridge reader hooked to my laptop & download the info there. That takes anouther 15-30 seconds. Very quick & simple.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 05:26 PM

try RPM oerformance also they have a good data logger, a little cheaper than racepack, and you can buy individual sensors to monitor what you want. They are also very helpful.

[email protected] in the 1/8
3100lbs, true 29\10.5
Homegrown HP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxvD5..._order&list=UL
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Well just as we getting ready to move onto tuning with the digital 7, NHRA desides we can't run the tach wire to our Mega 450 boxes. This is the only tach I have and I rely on the data from the recorded run. No RPM no reference.
I am only utilizing the rpm, ds, and the G meter. I need to buy the transducers for vacuum, and fuel preasure. Then will be O2 sensers

Craig Sullivan
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 06:47 PM
TopSportsman916

You also can get individual sensors with Racepak. As a matter of fact, if there is anything you can think of to monitor, they probably have a sensor. I doubt most others have the same capabilities. I looked into other loggers before I bought one. Yes, there are other loggers out there that are initally cheaper. But when you look at the wiring that is required for them , plus looking at the overall capability of them , the V300/V500's have them beat by a mile. Look at the available channels on the V series: V300 - 4 digital,4 analog, 32 V-net for a total of 40 channels. V500- 8 digital, 8 analog, 32 V-net for a total of 48 channels.If I remember right, the Autometer logger has 17 channels standard & 34 channels optional. So when you start adding the "options", they are no cheaper than Racepak. Not to mention with other loggers, lets say you monitor oil pressure. Well to have an oil pressure gauge, you must either run an electric sensor & gauge or a line to a mechanical gauge inside the car. With the V300/V500 , you can use their V-net gauges or dashes & don't need any additional sensors. So if you started with just a vacuum pressure sensor initally & you wanted to monitor it with a gauge later. all you would have to do is buy the gauge & tie it into the v-net side of the logger. No need for two sensors or lines. The modular design really makes it simple to up grade as you need to. 466Fox, don't take this as an attack on your post. I just have strong oipinions when it comes to data loggers. My V300 was the best money I spent on my new car. It has helped me solve problems quicker by being able to determine for a fact & not by speculation.It will help even more as I become better at reading the info that it gives to me. I highly recommend a data logger of any brand to anybody to put on their race car. If you can't afford a data logger, I would have an Autometer dual channel play back tach at the least. A logger will pay for it self in the long run by helping you sort your car out quicker & alerting you to problems sooner. Sorry for the rant... :lol:
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 PM
TopSportsman916

Craig , which Racepak model are you using? When you say transducers are you referring to sensors?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

V-300 and yes it would be the sensors only, the V-net plug and play are allready in the harness for the vacuum, and fuel preasure.

Craig Sullivan
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:40 PM

How do I set an avatar on this board?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:50 PM
TopSportsman916

Cool. Once you start using it, you will wonder how you raced without one. :lol: Ron & David Sykes(Sykes Bros. Cylinder Heads) are trying to get another one of their customers to put one on his Super Stocker. I e-mail them my runs after every race & then we get together after all of us have had time to review the data & discuss. It's amazing what the logger can show you. Sometimes it seems like its too much information. We were having a problem & were reviewing data trying to figure it out & Ron said it best. He said " we are lost but lost in great detail. " I am thinking about putting O2 sensors in myself. Currently I am reading all 8 EGT's. When I switched to alky/fuel injection I wanted to read all 8 cylinders so I could adjust each cylinder & that is what made me finally get one. I had to order it in pieces. I got the logger one month, egts after that, shock travel after that, etc. I couldn't swing it all at once. Did you opt for the data cartridge? What kind of G's are you pulling off the line ? The most I have pulled is 2.05G's. I don't run a big tach either. I am using a Racepak V-net tach. It's only 2 5/8" diameter but I only use it when doing my burn out. I tried using the 3 step function on the 7AL-3 but prefer doing it manually with my foot. :lol: If you ever have questions with the logger, contact Tim Anderson ([email protected]). He is a super nice guy & very knowledgeable. He has helped me out quite a few times with some questions. Good luck with that beast of yours. You have put some pretty impressive numbers up. How much longer before we see a 6 sec pass from you??
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

I drove a buddy's D/ED acouple of passes and it went 3.46 G's which is rollin for a V-6. The car left good, but would not run the back half. It went 4.72 in the 1/8, and 1.01 in 60

Craig Sullivan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in