Fuel line fittings ? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fuel line fittings ?

Is there some website that can help me figure out what fittings I will need for my fuel system? If not someone needs to make one! I figured the hose and fitting manufactures would have one or at least offer the help if you gave them all your sizes! How in the world am I suppose to know, all the fittings that they have available? They might have one fitting that would do the same job as three hidden some where in their massive catalogs!

Tank (2) 1/2"npt
Filter (2) #8 AN
Pump (2) 3/4x16
Regulator (2) #8 & (3) 3/8"npt

I know I will need (1) 3/4x16 plug (2) #8 AN plugs (1) 3/8"NPT plug.

The tricky part is that they say run -10 lines all the way to the regulator and back for the by-pass! I guess I will have to buy (1) 1/2"/-10, (2) -8/-10. (2) 3/4-16/-10 & (1) -8/-10 adapters. (male / male adapters)

I'm thinking of running the nylon braided hose instead of the SS braided hose. Any opinions?

One more question.

Would you run -8 or -6 dual feed lines to the carb or one single -8 and use one of those pre-made fuel line fitting setups?

All this is feeding a single carb, 460 with maybe 325hp that is going to use a 150-175 shot of nitrous.

I do plan next year (or years to come) to build an larger engine that produces 750 hp total.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

What is this?? No one cares to state an opinion? Usually somone has one!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 03:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
I care about you Jones. :lol: I went to http://www.magnafuel.com for alot of ideas on my system. I bought a Magnafuel Pro Star 500 pump and Magnafuel big port regulator. I'm coming out of my fuel cell with a -12 an bulkhead and line to feed the pump, -10 out of the pump to the regulator up front, -08 out of the regulator with two seperate -08 lines to the fuel bowls. The return is directly off the Magnafuel pump, so I don't need a long return line (one of the great things I liked about this pump). The return off the pump is -08 to the fuel cell, and I picked up an -08 vent/roller valve for the fuel cell. I bought everything to put it in, but I can't buy time. I've been working almost everyday since before Christmas, but I'm off from Feb 10-13 to get this and my new front end in. I have to get ready for April down in Kentucky. I'll post pics when I finally get this stuff in. 8) My system is total overkill, but I bought the fuel stuff for an awesome price on ebay, and everything is brand new except the pump with only a small amount of time. It looks like new! 8)

forgot to add, I'm using all braided line. I was going to run that blue coated rubber line, with the press on fittings, but wanted the tougher braided line since I drive so many street miles.

New project coming... 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe 521/C6

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Will two -8 lines be large enough to feed my pump? I was going to use both 1/2"outlets on the sump. Then the two -8 outlets on the filter into maybe a y-block feeding into the 3/4-16 inlet on the pump.

Another thing is I am debating on using 5/8 aluminum tube or -10 to the regulator and back to the tank.

I know this also might be over kill but I don't want to do it again because it might be too small. I am using the Mallory 250 pump, Mallory 500 filter and a 4 port Mallory by-pass regulator.

Do you know anyone else that makes a weld on sump with larger outlets than 1/2"? (I was looking at the Competition Engineering sump)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Here's the setup I have on my Bronco.I used the stock tank but I had a sump welded in it. The pump is an Aeromotive,it's the Street strip pump(part# AEI-11203),not the H/O pump.This pump has to have an external regulator because it will flow 18psi pf fuel.The fuel system is all Aeroquip,I have a -10 (5/8") line going from the tank to the pump with a 100 micron filter before the pump. I have a -8 (1/2") line going from the pump to the rugulator, with a 10 micron filter after the pump. At the regulator I'm running a -8 return line back to the tank, and a -6 (3/8") line going to the carb. I could of used a pump that was already internally regulated but I wanted a return style instead.The system I have will support 700 horse no problem,it's a bit over kill but when I add nitrous the fuel system is already set up for it.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Yup I'm using a factory style rear 19 gallon tank also. I am going to have the sump welded in hopefully with-in the next two weeks. I don't know whaere I am going to have the return welded in at.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 07:18 AM

I had my return going into the port next to the supply for the pump. I was told by a few people this was wrong cause the returned fuel has all the other weight of the fuel that's in the. So I recently put a fitting at the top of my tank.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Wooo,, is that the 30 gallon tank? I guess I will just mount it some where so it's not returning near the pick-ups. Just have to see what is the easiest to get to without having to drop the tank.

That looks to be that same type of sump I am going to use. I am going to get the one with the 1/2" bung's and use both as a pick-up.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 08:16 AM

It's a 25 gallon tank. Remember your going to have to seal the sump after you get it welded in. The sump is just mild steel, I didn't do this to mine and the sump rusted and cost me a fuel pump and other grief. Here's the tank installed.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 08:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
That's a nice setup you have there freak78. 8) I hope mine turns out as neat as that.

New project coming... 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe 521/C6
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Back 11-12 years ago I used some white tank sealant in a gas tank that had some small rust spots. If I can find that stuff again I plan on using that. I remember it said I had to find "white or clear" gasoline and rinse the tank out with it. Then poured some in, taped the hole and began sloshing it around. Let it sit out in the sun for so long and re-installed the tank. In side was all nice and white.

What did you use to seal the tank with?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 10:24 AM

POR 15 has some decent tank sealer stuff.

G. Allen Pearson
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmwgn
POR 15 has some decent tank sealer stuff.
Now that you mention it I think I have seen some in the Eastwood catalog.

Have you used it before?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 11:19 AM

Thank's Pat. I just sealed mine with the POR-15 tank sealer. Seem's to have done the job.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 03:26 PM

Why is your sump facing the front and not the rear?

[/quote]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in