Geting closer... - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Geting closer...

Looks like I should have Project Ludicrous Speed on the road again by spring...all the hard stuff pertaining to the body is done; the doors were a bear to get fit right...and the viper nacaduct blower inlet wasn't much fun either apparently. It should be all done and ready for interior by March 1. Getting excited.

www.RaceSystems.com
Home of Project Ludicrous Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 PM

Byron, Nice ride,I'm drooling. Post more pic's when completed. Rick
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to bbstickstang
Nice byron ,who makes the body ?i helped a guy that built one and i think the body was a iverson? out of florida. seemed to be good quailty. he put a 385 hp crate windsor and AOD,vette irs.WE wired up the GT-40 FI stuff and drive train alignment. keep up the good work :lol: .........ron

[email protected] New best, 1.31 60', 12-5-15 All Muscle and No Steroids!
69fb mustang ,509,Liberty Equalizer,5.29 ,31x10.5 w ,3309 w/driver.
I get to feel the torque of a BBF 4 times an 1/8 and 5 times a 1/4.
www.classicgearjammers.org

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Forum Contributor

That is going to be one sharp ride, I also want to see the finished product.

Man the dust has to be bad in your garage, my friend came over and was doing some body work on my race truck (mud truck) and after a few days, I stopped him. Everything in my garage was covered, and I had an engine to build in there. It took me twice as many days to get the garage cleaned enough to build the engine than it took him to trash it. :shock: That is why I have an ugly primer truck.

Keep us posted.

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Re: Geting closer...

Suddenly I feel like dumping the girl. I need to be single again!!!!

I like the looks of the two fans in the grill area, almost would be cool to keep the grill out.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!

As the project nears completion, I'm like a kid on christmas eve.

This is a 1981 West Coast Cobra. Basically, it's a Jim Kellison Stallion. In fact, from what I was able to dig up, it's likely that both the body and frame in my car came from Kellisons shop before he sold the molds/jigs to West Coast. Anyway, it's a big/wide/heavy kit...about 3000lbs complete in my configuration. 96" wheel base. I'm 6'3, and when I sit in it I can stretch my legs out and am unable to touch the firewall. The car came from a friends shop in San Jose who passed away a few years back. He bought the kit new in 1981, got busy with his business and was never able to complete his dream. I dug it out of the shop along with a pickup truck full of boxes and began the project. It's been a few years now.

I'm not doing the body work myself. I did all the mechanical stuff in my 2-car garage for the most part, but the body work...no thanks. For one, it's a fiberglass car and I don't feel like itching for a month. Secondly, I'm not artistic and have no experience. I didn't want to experiment on this car as a first-try. But yes, it's dusty up at the body shop. I'll be spending a good long time cleaning everything when I get it back. I had the option of complete teardown and decided I'd rather clean the dust off when it returns.

There will be no grill in this car. In fact, as far as accessories go...there won't be much of anything. I've deleted all the badges (It's not an AC Cobra, why wear AC Badges, and this ain't no 427! lol) There won't be any grill. There won't be much of a dash even...just a 12.1" LCD screen with all the instrumentation on it. Sidepipes are black ceramic; roll bar and windshield frame are chrome. Body is going T8 Tungsten (Same as 06 Ford GT). Engine is satin/black. Not much bling; I'm not into it. It'll be more of a purpose built road warrior look and I intend to really drive it...street, strip, road track. I intend to take it to the Run&Gun (cobra thing) and applied for Hot Rods pump gas drags; though I doubt they'll let me run due to lack of monkey bars. I'm not putting a 6pt in this car.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments...and all the help. I'll post more as it gets finished up.

www.RaceSystems.com
Home of Project Ludicrous Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in