PISS ANTS at the PICNIC. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

PISS ANTS at the PICNIC.

Good day fellow 460ford.com members (original & with purpose). It seems that the popularity or the ease of locating automotive type forums has become or soon to be, our demise! I continue to shake my head when looking through the topics on the engine forum. Chilly has offered most of us a great opportunity to "put our heads" (the thinking one) together and share great information about our beloved Ford 385 series engine. Maybe this is just a "fad" or the "dark clouds" prior to a beautiful day! I look forward to the day when Chilly's dollar promotes his original ideas and the forum gets back to the original topic!

Should we spray for piss ants?

Just my $0.02
Dave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Engine tech...

Engine Tech, or Engine Buildups???? Or both?? :lol: I am under the impression that the tech section is for questions DIRECTLY related to the 460 based engine, and the Buildup section is for when you have figured it out and want to share your PROVEN combo with the world. This section is for just what we are doing now, and also asking about the gears in my cousin's Pinto, or how to adjust my suspension. It seems pretty self explanatory, but some people don't read the directions. :lol: Someone please correct me if I didn't read the directions correctly. 8)

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have to say, I don't quite understand the statement? Are you referring to off topic questions or outright inappropriate topics being posted? I took a quick look, and I don't see anything that jumps out at me.

I tried a long time ago to keep it purely engine focused, it won't happen. After seeing the number of replies to off topic automotive questions, I'd have to say there is value there.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 AM

Dave, I agree with you. I don't care about 800hp Hondas either. A honda belongs on 2 wheels not 4.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:57 AM

but cant we look past the honda issue and get to the meat and potatoes of the matter? torque and h/p. i for one didnt really understand the tq and hp until i read the post. i feel now i have a better understanding :?

Now should the post be moved to the garage i don't know, i am not the one running the site chilly is. the title IS 800hp honda's not fords, so it seems to me one would not have to read the post if one was not interested.

i am not the internet police, or the forum mod. i am just pleased that i have a place to get all the 460 info i could ever want, as well as hp and tq info. THANX CHILLY

just my .02 ralph
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 AM

RE: Honda thread,

Ill apologize for feeding it at 3am.
After I posted I realized it wasn't in the OT.

That said, I think it warrants discussion. Think those kids don't discuss V8's and what to do to beat em reliably? Most aren't assholes that hate LS1s and mod motors (their contemporary competition) they are kids building stuff they are familliar with. To a man, all say they have always wanted a muscle car but when 10K buys a rusty project in Ohio 10K will get em an import foundation. Ebay often supplies the speed.

That forum I mentioned is heavily moderated. The guys are downright insulting to eachother sometimes. Its funny as hell to read stuff on there but I have never seen anyone get in a real fight. I am always suprised cause half of em are 20yrs old +/- and full of piss and vingar.

The Torino forum (which is like a 2nd home to me) has no
"OT/Chiily's garage" equivalent (sp). The OTs there are usually car related and there are a lot of real friendships on there but, politics, religion, restored VS modified, barret Jackson prices etc, get guys all fired up. It pains me to see people who love a Torinos e-thugging over gays, the war etc but if you want to get drug into that **** thats what OT sections are for.

I have always been struck by the sheer quality of this forum. Its the real deal. But as a noob I always felt shut out buy the technical focus. I had no knowledge to contribute and there was no room to really get to know anyone here by anything other than "Pettit with the 545", "Scott J that owns Reincarnation" "Paul with the boats".
"OT" has given me insight into who I am dealing with and the level of their knowledge.

Flame bait topics suck. People need to regulate themselves. We all know what pushes buttons. Some guys just can't resist but as Mike from Torino Cobra says "you don't HAVE to say everything thought that enters your head". Realize yourself you may be pissing in your own pool then post up (or not).

Sorry for the freakin seminar but I've been thinking a lot about this lately.
I now wait a second or two before clicking "submit" to gauge a message's effect on teh community.

Chilly, You have a pretty great group of adults and a pretty loose grip on the action. I commend you for being a neutral/benevolent Mod and provinding a nice place to visit.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to all for replying, current and future.

Chilly to answer your reply, I noticed 5 posts on the first page that IMO (for what that's worth) are not Ford 385 Series engine tech! Not to start a "pecker swinging contest", it just annoys me. I'm sure other members are not as much a ***** about this as I! Yes, I do look over those posts, although they do catch my eye while scrolling through the web site.

I understand that there is no absolute control of these occurrences. Should there be? That's obviously not for me to decide! Also, I'm not saying we should search out these unrelated posters and torture them into submission, or worse. Hell, I be the first to be prosecuted from my unrelated posts of the past!

If I may say, I have seen automotive or specific topic forums and message boards that in the beginning offered incite about the intended topic, related to the individual forum. In time, these same forums become another place for groups to land and discuss any topic they desired. Try posting, relative to the original forum topic, and your rarely offered a reply relative to your post!

At times these actions reminds me of the current society in which we live. The inability of people to accept responsibility for their actions, political correctness, an abbreviated world and complaining of the cost of being free, because they are! I watch documentary's of war and "hard times", only to weep of the hardship's citizens before us confronted, that made these United States home. Contrary to most, a damn site better than other areas of the world!

In closing, Chilly, you have and continue serving the interest of the Ford 385 engine enthusiast at a level second to none. You also provide *****s like myself an opportunity to vent, even if my venting seems senseless! I thank you and your efforts.

Dave.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:19 AM

LD I respect your opinion and think you are right about diluting the knowledge pool with frivolous posts in Tech.

I am guilty of it.
Re:my t shirt thread.

I think that tech should be used for that alone. I do appreciate any OT driveline stuff in there though. Trans, ignition, instumentation, Kasse/Scott J research, etc. stuff is very helpful to me.

Tshirt and Honda stuff well, isn't.
I guess assessing a topic is a pretty good idea before clicking submit.

Also I try to think, "is this post good for the community" or "is it flame bait?"

If you decide to post flame bait, well, discuss it thoughtfully VS emotionally and maybe there is a place for it. Just be ready for the possible results.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Flame or Fame?

I thought I pretty much covered my forum demeanor. In case I missed something, well, let 'er fly! My catcher's mitt is on!

Flame out !
Thoughtfully, Dave.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:02 PM

Re: Flame or Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivermoreDave
I thought I pretty much covered my forum demeanor. In case I missed something, well, let 'er fly! My catcher's mitt is on!

Flame out !
Thoughtfully, Dave.
No flames here.
I meant "you" in the broader sense

:)
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:07 PM

T shirt...

I still want a T shirt no matter where it's posted. :lol: :lol: And it DOES have a pic of a 460 on it. :lol: :lol:

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Thoughtless and without emotion? Decisions, decisions!

:roll: Dave.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

And the beat goes on......
Did I ever tell you about the time I counted the sheep and we were one lamb short ...looked everywhere for that rascal...found her in a post hole about the size of a Honda turbo :roll:

B F Evans Race Parts
270-278-2376
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lem Evans
And the beat goes on......
Did I ever tell you about the time I counted the sheep and we were one lamb short ...looked everywhere for that rascal...found her in a post hole about the size of a Honda turbo :roll:
:lol: :lol:

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:46 PM

OK

OK, now I'm lost. :shock: :lol:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in