Austrila 1000 hp Ford 6 cylinder - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Austrila 1000 hp Ford 6 cylinder

Check out this Austrila XR6. Maybe some of you have seen this?? I sure have'nt,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWCo3lDjH8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Mate these motors are awesome. I work at RDP here in Australia and we do these on a daily basis.. I have driven a car with a motor llike in the vid we did made bit over 1100 hp and the top gear torque is unbelievable...
An average street car daily driver cn make 500RWHP with ease on the factory turbo.

Check out www.redcliffedyno.com Theres some pics of a ute (PRIM # plates)on there we nearly finished should run into the 9's ....

http://www.redcliffedyno.com/redclif...p?TOPIC_ID=418
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Thats it! Its over, Im done! Im moving to Australia. For the last time, I have seen a really cool ford thing that i cant have here. There was a video on you tube about an old mustang with a Turbo I6 in it. maybe it was that engine? My second favorite thing in the world is turbo sixes (in case you couldnt tell.)

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:53 PM

For the love of god, why don't we get cool $h*t like that over here?
Man, I just want to punch someone right now.
How big is that six cylinder, anyway?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)

They are 4 ltr.. To drive them is awesome when they come on and even that 1000+ hp idles smooth...... Maybe we should ship some over to you guys.
Theirs a place here that makes a bellhousing to a c4 or we use a powerglide in one we did. They are similar in size ,maybe a little longer than the original old 6's
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 05:21 PM

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greenbroncoguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
I want one in a Maverick.
and maybe one in a Bronco for a sled puller :twisted:

-Matt
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Hey guy's don't jump the pond yet!!

I worked with a few guy's from Austrila just the other week, I was helping them with their xr8 Falcon 260 boss.. Got to talking with them and there's allot of things you can't do too your ride and drive it on the street..

1.) Can't have anything sticking out of your hood, like a 2x4 set up or blower I think over 4 inches??.
2.) Can't tube your vehicle, and run street legal Mickey super singles (NO BIG FAT TIRES) I think is what they said???.
3.) Can't put a big block in a car that did'nt come from the factory with one in it!! I think they said you could but you have to go see an Engineer first and he/she will tell you what you can and can't do to your vehicle.. For some $$$$$ of course...
4.) can't own hand guns!!!
Allot of other things you can't do, so be happy we live over here!!. Yes some of their car's are cool but the laws are way too much for me!!

I hope some of the Locals jump in here and really let us know what the rules are over there...

cheers
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown86hallet

I worked with a few guy's from Austrila just the other week, I was helping them with their xr8 Falcon 260 boss.. Got to talking with them and there's allot of things you can't do too your ride and drive it on the street..

1.) Can't have anything sticking out of your hood, like a 2x4 set up or blower I think over 4 inches??.
2.) Can't tube your vehicle, and run street legal Mickey super singles (NO BIG FAT TIRES) I think is what they said???.
3.) Can't put a big block in a car that did'nt come from the factory with one in it!! I think they said you could but you have to go see an Engineer first and he/she will tell you what you can and can't do to your vehicle.. For some $$$$$ of course...
Allot of other things you can't do, so be happy we live over here!!. Yes some of their car's are cool but the laws are way too much for me!!

I hope some of the Locals jump in here and really let us know what the rules are over there...

cheers
Bahhh thats bull
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 PM

ok..maybe ill just visit and return with some goodies. You think that thing will fit in the overhead compartment? maybe if I remove the turbo?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Bahhh thats bull[/quote]

Hey I'm only going by what I was told....
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 11:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to moparman
You could always put a Supra six in a mustang, put plastic over it and call it a ford... sic

Bumblebee tuna...
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 AM

Quote:

cheers
Hey, you didn't mention that most of the country doesn't allow people to have fireworks!
You are pretty much right on what you said, but a lot of it has to do in which state you live. But it can be pretty tough.
The rules are constantly changing, but for a while back there, the widest rim you could run was 7 inches, and the track could me no more that 1 inch over stock. But with the factory these days bringing out a 9 inch wide option, it all seems pretty silly now. A lot has to do with where you are, and sometimes who you know.

As for guns, it's hard to own a semi automatic. Anything concealed is pretty much a no no.
It's all because some halfwit massacred 35 people (I Think), at Port Arthur 10years ago, and the govt tightened the gun laws as a result.

1970 Galaxie Sportsroof
1972 Falcon XA GT
2003 Falcon BA XR8 ute
1963 1/2 Galaxie Fastback
Check out my website here www.xr8ute.com
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Got to talking with them and there's allot of things you can't do too your ride and drive it on the street..

cheers
Australia sounds like Finland according the laws... Few exeptions, we can have big meats and own handguns but otherwise I think that I would feel homelike in Australia...

- '72 Mach 1 460 (A429+G429)+TKO600+M9" DL
- intermediate go fast project
TOTAL PERFORMANCE
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
3.) Can't put a big block in a car that did'nt come from the factory with one in it!!

No wonder there are so many bad *** Clevelands downunder :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in