My Old race Car (67 Stang) - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
TopSportsman916

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Old race Car (67 Stang)

I was looking at the drag race car sales site & found my old ad. Brought back some good memories. Will say they are a good bunch to deal with to help sell your car. I sold it in 2001 to a guy from around Macon,GA. If anybody has seen the car since, please let me know. I lost the guy's phone number & have often wondered what happened with the car.
http://www.drag.race-cars.com/carsol...7/must67ss.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 PM
richter69

well, i still have my 1st one.........
Drove it to high school in the late 80's, had a nasty 289, c4 and 5.14's. Got me in a lot of trouble, good thing my dad was a cop
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 PM
TopSportsman916

Yeah, that was my first car. 200 6 cyl,3 in the tree. My senior year I put a 351W,C6, 3.70 geared 9" in it. Back halved it in 87 then front halved it in 89-90. Sad day when I rolled it out of the shop. But I hated seeing it just sit & go bad. Plus I couldn't afford two race cars.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

cool car...

Cool car Chris. I can't sell anything. That's why I have 10 POS cars sitting around and none of them are finished. :roll: But when I get my garage built, THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE!!! Yeah right. :roll: :roll: :? :? :lol: :lol:

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cool car Chris i remember seeing that car fore sale, because it caught my eye. I have to admit you have some of the nicest color schemes. What made you get out of that and into the fox ?. And by the way that fox is awesome in my opion. Just curious. BZ
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:30 AM

Nice!
My 68 is my 1st car, street drove it for years with the 289/4spd, tunnel ram, N20 and 4.63 gears :lol:

68 coupe, 557+glide...
http://members.cox.net/darkknight302/68nwrear.jpg
84 Gt 'vert, 95 engine, AFR 165's, stock cam, performer with 600 holley
[email protected] in the AZ summer heat
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 08:59 AM

Beautiful car Chris, of coarse I am partail to 67's

67 Pro Street Fastback
Full tube chassis, IHRA & NHRA certified
526 c.i. C & C Boss 429 Hemi
Littlefield 14-71 High Helix Retro, Kobelco K-9 rotors, 22% over
Enderle alcohol inj.
MSD-10 Plus ignition & controller
C6 trans
9" rear, 3.89 gear
Full exhaust with 6" hand made mufflers
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
TopSportsman916

Bobby, can you tell I like bright colors??? I had several reasons that I switched to the later body style. I wanted a rounder,swoopier, more aerodynamic body style. I loved the 94-98 body styles since they came out & you don't see alot of tube chassied cars with those bodies. I like being a little different. That's one reason I have a cowl hood with NACA ducts instead of a big scoop. Plus I wanted an all fiberglass body. Now if I had to build one today, I would be torn between the 05-up body style & the new Tim McAmis all glass or carbon fiber 70 fastback & the all glass/carbon 67 fastback body.

Rob, I am a little partial to your car too. Lets see. 67 fastback with a Boss hemi. What aint there to love!!!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
richter69

for sure your stuff is nice to look at. My junk's always been a tad rough, just always opted to spend what little money I had on the things you dont see. The flat black on mine gives those pipe racks hell when trying to judge it at the stripe after the sun goes down. Makes for one hot bastard in the summer though, flat black with a black top, black fire suit, Ok summer heat can be unforgiving, and we get the humidity too. I long for the days, it was 11 here this morning.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 PM
TopSportsman916

Jon, I will be the first to admit that"pretty" don't make a car faster or more consistant. I am definitely guilty of spending $$$ to paint & powder coat everything. It's a perfectionist problem. I have had it since birth. :lol: I realized a long time ago that I would never be the fastest car. Since I can't be the fastest , I at least wanted to look good going down the track. :lol: It's also the reason I have had only two cars,very few spare parts,etc. Champayne tastes & a beer budget to operate on. If I can just win the lottery.....

I read an article where a guy painted the front of his car black & the rear bright red. Said black made it harder for cars to see you coming & the red "tittilated" you whether you knew it or not. It was a Beretta with Ron's fuel injection. I think I read it in Drag Racing, USA a few years back.

Jon are you coming to the BBF Nationals ?
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 11:20 PM
richter69

I'm gonna try, thats about 750 miles one way, all right in the middle of storm chasing season lol. I know for sure we have a points race that weekend, I think we can miss two without it counting against us, that would leave one for a death lol. A lot of the big bracket hitters down here run the dark paint jobs for the very reason of being hard to judge. I will have a nice paint job by God one day, after i build my A headed 557, Yeah, gonna be black for awhile.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSportsman916
Bobby, can you tell I like bright colors??? I had several reasons that I switched to the later body style. I wanted a rounder,swoopier, more aerodynamic body style. I loved the 94-98 body styles since they came out & you don't see alot of tube chassied cars with those bodies. I like being a little different. That's one reason I have a cowl hood with NACA ducts instead of a big scoop. Plus I wanted an all fiberglass body. Now if I had to build one today, I would be torn between the 05-up body style & the new Tim McAmis all glass or carbon fiber 70 fastback & the all glass/carbon 67 fastback body.

Rob, I am a little partial to your car too. Lets see. 67 fastback with a Boss hemi. What aint there to love!!!
I hear ya brother, looking forward to meeting you come april. No spaghetti & meatballs for you if you take me out in the first round :lol: :lol: . BZ
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby588
I hear ya brother, looking forward to meeting you come april. No spaghetti & meatballs for you if you take me out in the first round :lol: :lol: . BZ
Maybe we can get some designated prizes for the first round runner-up's. :lol:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtek1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby588
Maybe we can get some designated prizes for the first round runner-up's. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I no what you mean Rick, i hate to drive 1600 miles empty handed with an angry crew :shock: :lol: :lol: . BZ
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 08:08 AM
TopSportsman916

Bobby, are you trying to bribe me with food????????????? :lol:

WOW :shock: and I though 780 miles one way was a long tow !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in