Motor is in the car. have track update - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Motor is in the car. have track update

Hey guys got the new motor in the car. Cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the pics on the site. If anyone can help me out let me know. Hope to make some runs on Tuesday since this week at the track was cancelled due to the cold. Than hoping to make FFW Atlanta. Thanks guys, Doug

1993 Mustang LX 466 CI with Kaase CJ heads. Just hoping to make a full pass. Best time 6.32 110 mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Cobra kids 8 Pictures

Here ya go ...

ShaZam

www.shazampulling.com

The older I get the less I seem to know.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Truk

Thanks TrukPulr for the help,
The car was meant for a small block but we somehow made the big block fit. Lots of stuff stuffed into that little compartment. We hope to have the car out soon if everything else goes alright. Should have been out a week or two ago but the electric remote water pump, had more leaks than the Titanic. Than the regulator we bought had a few leaks also. So we took both off dad made his own water pump, and we found a old holley blue regulator from years ago that seems to work. Just running gas at this time. Until we can afford to change the carb over to Alky. Car weighed 2500 and change with small block. We have the Kaase aluminum heads and put on a fiberglass hatch. Should run pretty good. Take more pics at a later time if we can ever afford to paint the car now.

later, Doug

1993 Mustang LX 466 CI with Kaase CJ heads. Just hoping to make a full pass. Best time 6.32 110 mph.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greenbroncoguy
looks like it aughta scoot pretty well :twisted:
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

It should scoot. Went 6:80 with very mild 358W on Alky. Were hoping for 6:20's or close to that with this motor. At this point though were going to keep it in the 10.'s for the 1/4 so that I can get my licensing runs and all the new safety gear I need, done before heading into the 9's. Been racing for years just not with a Big Block, so I'm looking forward to that first letting go of the transbrake button experience.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 08:32 PM

Looks SUPER

Cobrakid just noticed we live in the same town.Iam new to Chattanooga lived in Newnan Ga. the last 20 plus years. Maybe we will meet one of these days. GOD BLESS Bob
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Yeah old Chattown lived here all my life. Hope you like it as well. We run some at the local track Brainerd with some of the other Ford boys here(not many left though). Come by some weekend and say hello. We drive a white 93 Mustang LX. At the time its about 5 different shades of white but its getting to the point of running, so we forgive the off white colors. We hope to be running some of the heads up races here in the near future they have a 5.00, 5.50, 6.00, 7.00, and 8.00 classes. Bring whatever you have and come enjoy some good racing there are some very good racers around here. This weekend we will be in Atlanta FFW I hope. brainerd website if you want to keep up with local is http://www.brainerdracing.com/smfboard/index.php. Hope to meet you also soon and welcome to Chattanooga.

Doug Benton
M/C O/C 9776, HR 2776

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Update: Not a great night

Well we took the car out last weekend for T&T. The track was crappy as can be since it is for street night. We run some heads up down here so we were running off a 400 pro tree. We had 2 passes the Tuesday night before and the car would leave the line and just stumble the whole way down the track. So we went and got a friends 1050 dom and put it on the car. First pass went out and down the same spitting and sputtering. Ran a 8:30 1/8 again. We took the car back checked the plugs and saw it was way lean. We changed plugs raised the fuel pressure up and played with the floats since it was pouring gas out the sight holes. The car than would not start so we changed the msd coil and it started up. We changed back to our coil and it started back up. Went down and made a pass and the car changed straight to high at 60 foot and it ran a 6:95 at 103. Dad said it pulled like nothing he had ever driven before. We had it shifting at 6000 and it changed straight to high but pulled so well the rest of the way. Dad was really impressed with the feeling. So we went back to the trailer and took all the chips out and ran back out to make the final pass. Pulled into the water and dad made the broke sign to me. Opened the door and the shifter had broke at the ear where the cable goes through he just drove it back to the trailer. So one decent pass so far and not running as fast as we are used to but I'm and thinking 6:60's with that mph is pretty close. Never been faster than 6:80's with small block. Sent the converter out to get freshened and tightened up. Hopefully we will make some passes next Saturday when we have some track and get the car straightened up.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 AM

Well at least you got some shake down runs out of the way. Ford Friday at the BBF Bash will be my first runs with the new engine :shock:

Good LUck and keep us posted!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:52 AM
richter69

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My old motor went 6.70's, this one goes 6.0's, it really gets yout attention when it hits. FWIW, this thing pulls like that all the way through the 1/4, I really want the 527 in there now lol. Our 306 car runs 6.80's, its no fun anymore after this deal :lol: You'll get it all worked out, good job on the firtst time out. If your gonna do the alky skip the carb and do a toilet, I went 5 rounds with it the other night in sp, first time out with the new combo, deadly consistant. Even with a bit of wheel spin it only varried from a 9.77 to a 9.74, I run a 3 speed and air shift by time. I out 60 the majority of the cars except foe the 8 sec door cars and the rails as everybody runs a glide.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, we hope to take the car back out this weekend. I might try some footbraking just to get some time trials in. (The local track doesn't let test n tune on Saturdays when they run only street night and we know how those can go. The fastest I have been is 6.78 in a 358W Pinto on Alky. I'm looking towards hopefully some 6:40's or better with this car. Dad came back after the run and was like hey shes slow but she will keep your butt pushed in the seat. Right now we are sticking with the 1050 Dom on gas until we can get it figured out. We stick with the carbs because dad runs HR with the car so he is able to run the TS better on the carb. I run FFW and NMRA O/C so all I have is the .10 breakout rule to worry about. We run a Powerglide and electric shift solenoid, in the car. We ran 6.80's with just a plane old 358W with Roush heads. I will be disappointed if this thing will not run the 6.40's. The car weighs about 2600 with my 190 in it. Will keep you all updated if we can take it out Saturday or Friday. Good luck all of you racing this weekend wished we could make it up there. Maybe next year.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 07:34 PM

How well does that electric vac pump work? Do you know what kind of vac it pulls?

John.

John Strube
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
richter69

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
mine pulls about 3-4 inches, works great in getting the alky and moisture out, oil looks real real good.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32 Altered
How well does that electric vac pump work? Do you know what kind of vac it pulls?

John.
Worked pretty well on the small block we had it on. Not really sure how much it pulls truthfully. We are still running it on the car although at the time we are not running alcohol. At least this way it will keep me on my toes and to be ready for when the alcohol carb comes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in