UFC - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

UFC

UFC fans? UFC 70 is this Saturday April 21st for FREE on SPIKE TV at 9pm.

I watched UFC 69 a few weeks ago and was rooting for Matt Serra to pull the upset and jumped out of my chair when he knocked down GSP. Don't get me wrong, I like GSP but after watching the Ultimate Fighter 4 and how Matt Serra handled himself then I acquired a LOT of respect for Matt.

Predictions for UFC 70?

I'm rooting for Andre Arlovski, Michael Bisping and Mirko Cro Cop. I want to see a Cro Cop vs Couture fight for the heavy weight belt!

Who's your favorite fighter so far on the Ultimate Fighter 5 - The light weights? I don't really have a clear cut favorite yet... Maybe Witman? I think that's his name.

Don't foreget, UFC 70 This Saturday on SPIKE TV at 9PM :!:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

yep already set my tivo.should be a good one.did you watch the "bad blood dana white tito ortiz" thing?if not don't waste your time on the repeat.they never boxed.

ultimate fighter this year-don't have a favorite.gray something or other was a good college wrestler so it might be a good fight when his turn comes up.pulvers team has been kickin *** so far.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

I believe I recorded the White tito thing. I guess I'll skip it then. I thought maybe it was some kind of hyped up thing. No way Dana White is gonna fight Tito :twisted:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 PM

he trained for 7 months and lost like 20 lbs and had to get licensed to box in nevada.he wanted to fight but tito called him on the day of the weigh in and said he was going to "let him off the hook".some of the stuff was interesting so you may want to watch it but just get familiar with the fast forward button.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:08 PM

When Matt knocked GSP down I almost spilled my beer!! I coulnd't believe it. I like Matt but I didn't think he had a chance. Boy was I wrong. I felt like a retard after watching the whole Tito thing and then they didn't even fight. What a waste. Tito would have killed him but still would have been pretty neat to watch.

Keith Sherry
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
I'm a huge fan of the UFC. Love all the technical aspects and how upsets are the norm. Definitely going to watch this weekend. I used to hate Tito, but after he coached on the reality show I kind of grew to like him. He's just a smart *** that pushes people's buttons.

I'm really happy to see fresh guys come in from the world circuit and show some of the reality show guys what's up. How funny was it when that red headed kid got taken out in the first round? I like the kid, but it was a real wake up call for all those guys.

Anyone catch the show last night on Discovery with the guy who had never had a fight in his life and got in the octagon with a trained fighter after a few hours of instruction? Of course he got clobbered, but it was interesting none the less.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Carl,

I was the same way about Tito. Hated the guy but then when he coached the young fighters I grew to respect him and actually started rooting for him over Ken Shamrock who was being an A$$ on the show.

I actually like Chris Leban (Red headed kid) but he went into the fight with Anderso Silva thinking that his fire hydrant head couldn't get knocked out and he was then humbled by a GREAT striker in Anderson Silva.

Missed the Discovery show, what was it called? I'll search for it on my satellite. I watched the Ultimate Fighter again last night. Nick Diaz's Brother Nate Diaz put on an impressive show of skills in his victory.

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasea466
Carl,

I was the same way about Tito. Hated the guy but then when he coached the young fighters I grew to respect him and actually started rooting for him over Ken Shamrock who was being an A$$ on the show.

I actually like Chris Leban (Red headed kid) but he went into the fight with Anderso Silva thinking that his fire hydrant head couldn't get knocked out and he was then humbled by a GREAT striker in Anderson Silva.

Missed the Discovery show, what was it called? I'll search for it on my satellite. I watched the Ultimate Fighter again last night. Nick Diaz's Brother Nate Diaz put on an impressive show of skills in his victory.
The Discovery show is called "Hazard pay" kind of like "Dirty jobs" A host goes out and finds some of the worlds most hazardest jobs. Couple I remember?/ under-water welder, the MMA fighter, C.O (Correction officer), Venomous Snake handler,,

The host of the show went one round with the pro MMA fighter, (Only becasue the pro let him) then in the second round 15 sec, the pro beat the **** out of him!!!! Randy was helping the host.. Yes the heavy weight champ!!!

cheers
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 11:09 PM

Poor Cro Cop! I hate to see a good fighter get caught.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 10:06 AM

i didn't know if he was getting up for a minute there.the only time i've seen him get layed out like that was by kevin randleman in pride,and that was from a punch.coture is going to have his hands full with that gonzaga.that kongo guy was an animal too.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm
that kongo guy was an animal too.
He sure was.....but only on his feet!!

That kick from Gonzaga just about made Crocop's head spin like a wind up toy,bet he's alittle stiff today between that and the way he landed on his leg. (The stuff some people do for fun and money :? )

I personally woulda liked to see Bisbing lose. :roll: He pretty much owned Elvis on the ground though...

But the best part of the whole thing.........FREE on Spike TV. We did have to SUFFER through all the Girls Gone Wild commercials though :lol:

Mike
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
Wow, I was wondering if Cro Cop's neck was broke or something. Should be a good matchup for Randy.

The Kongo guy looked like a decent striker, but anyone with any kind of ground skills would destroy him.

Bisbing really impressed me in the reality show and looked strong last night. I'd like to see him get a match with one of the bigger name guys though.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 12:07 PM

i forgot all about ufc last night. maybe its on you tube.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 PM

it's on again monday night at 8 on spike.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Good Show!

I was shocked when Mirko got knocked out with a KICK, Mirko is supposed to be the expert striker/kicker! Kudos to Gonzaga! He's a BAD ***!!

Arlovski fight was VERY forgettable, who did he fight again :?: :P

I'm glad Bisping won! I'm looking forward to bigger fights for 'The Count'!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in