FAB SHOP ENGINE HEADER DEALER - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

FAB SHOP ENGINE HEADER DEALER

I am pleased to announce our new relationship with Tim Murphy and The Fab Shop. Tim offers a complete line of CUSTOM headers and collectors. We have tested these headers with gains in et and mph. This is another example of we run what we sell. Tim will be with us a the Big Block Ford Bash and answer any questions you might have. He will also be speaking in the tech seminar. Lem and Myself will be running a sale on any headers or collectors ordered at the BASH. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM

thanks Phillip!

I'll spread the word

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Phillip , I have kind of noticed that the new "trick" headers are being tested on the long car/"C" headed deal....give that poor boy car/engine a chance :lol:

B F Evans Race Parts
270-278-2376

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Forum Contributor

Can he replicate an existing header design? Reason I ask is the headers for the V12 in my BMW have been discontinued, and I know a guy with a set that is available for copy.

Greg

In Limbo at all times
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

I do not know for sure but I say yes. I will find out tomorrow. Thanks Phillip
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

I talked to Tim today and he thought we could probably do something. I think he is going to get back witth you. If you dont hear anything by tomorrow afternoon i will get back in touch with him. thanks Phillip
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:52 PM

BMW

Greg,

I would be happy to take a look. We have had pretty good success building off an exsisting design. Before you spend any money sending it here, could you send a digital pic to me please. My email address is: [email protected].

Let me take a look and we can go from there if that is okay with you. Thanks,Tim

69 Shelby
SBF Lenco
Killer Competition headers
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Could you copy a set of hooker super comp headers 6126's and beat hookers price? I am finding $470 retail for plain jane rusters a bit hard to budget.
there is a growing thread on the tech forum about how to mod 6126's 6115 and 6224's collectors to fit galaxies with BBF's

thanks

Dane V
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM

I must have mis-understood

I thought the FAB shop built quality headers using first rate materials and labor. Hooker uses average quality materials and Mexicans drinking tequila. If I knew how to weld I might apply for a job at Hooker's assembly plant.

In my unsolicated opinion - the better question would be how much would it cost to build a quality set of headers that would fit my application better (more ground clearance or ???).

Sorry, I tried not to respond as it really isn't any of my business but custom built headers (when done correctly) takes time to do.

G. Allen Pearson
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Guys I am sorry but you can't buy custom headers for that. These headers are tig welded with alot of quality craftsmenship and start about 1150.00 dollars for most racing applications depending on collector. Certainly custom spike collectors or merge collectors are higher. We are partnering with the Fab shop to send out high end merchandise and performance. That being said I am sure this is not for everyone but The FAB SHOPS workmanship is second to anything I have tried.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Forum Contributor

Re: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FAB SHOP
Greg,

I would be happy to take a look. We have had pretty good success building off an exsisting design. Before you spend any money sending it here, could you send a digital pic to me please. My email address is: [email protected].

Let me take a look and we can go from there if that is okay with you. Thanks,Tim
Tim,

Thanks for entertaining this crazy notion we have. The plan may include a batch of these headers made, just to make it sound even crazier.

I will email a pic to you.

Thanks,

Greg

In Limbo at all times
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Hey Guys this is Craig Sullivan ( SQ34) on Lem's computer This is the fastest header you can buy.....
Tim builds for many of the IHRA and NHRA prostock teams. Many of the high end truck pull guys , IRL. If you are looking at a budgetary number for a Hooker or Dynatech this is probably not the piece of equipment to buy, but if you want MAX hp call Phillip.

B F Evans Race Parts
270-278-2376
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:29 PM

Killer headers

Dane,

Thanks for asking. Respectfully, I can not help you. I just cant make one cheaper than they can make tens of thousnads.

I refuse to copy an exsisting currently available part. Anybodys. In my opinion that is wrong. See Procomp.Cheap is easy if you eliminate engineering and labor cost. In my opinion crap like that is how our manufacturing base has been destroyed. I will not participte in that.

The core of our buisness is making horsepower. We are here to serve fellow racers. We feel that the $150 more our dragster headers cost{dynatech} is truly a good value. Any RACER will realize 15 AVG. Hp and 22 lbs.less weight is a steal for $150. The three fastest single carb racers in the NHRA all run my header. Dont get the wrong idea either, I have given NONE away.I realize cost is a factor in all decisions. If that is the only factor that is important to you, it is my opinion that you are selling your program way short. Thanks,Tim

69 Shelby
SBF Lenco
Killer Competition headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in