New guy to the site - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New guy to the site

Hi I am a new guy to the form. I ran across this form and was impressed with the cars and trucks and there are a few where it was REALLY impressive as to what a 460 was put into. :shock: 8)

I just bought a 1973 Thunderbird that has the 460 in it. I am not sure what I am going to do with the car itself besides restoring the body and interior, it doesn't need much. The biggest thing is the color of the car. I will either paint it the same color or use the blue that was used on the 35th anniversary edition. As far as the engine goes, that is another story. I may keep it stock or build a fuel injection system for it. Either way it is MY TOY! I got tired of working on everyone else' stuff and decided to find something I WANTED AND WANT TO WORK ON!

When it comes to working on stuff. I was a ford technician for over 20 years. Got tired of ford's B/S and went to work for Caterpillar. Over the years I managed to save some service manuals from the 80's and 70's and have DVDs from 92-2002. While as a ford tech I did mostly Diesel and transmission work. I know that a lot of these rides are towed so if I can help you out let me know.

I would add a couple of pictures of my T-bird, but I am not sure how to do it on these boards. If some one will let me know how to down load pictures from my hard drive I will add them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome aboard!

You need to open an account on someone like www.photobucket.com and follow the instructions from there. It's free, and easy to put pics up.

1970 Galaxie Sportsroof
1972 Falcon XA GT
2003 Falcon BA XR8 ute
1963 1/2 Galaxie Fastback
Check out my website here www.xr8ute.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in