BBF BASH SUNDAY PICS... - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

BBF BASH SUNDAY PICS...

Here are some pictures I took during the Tech Seminar. It was a great time and thanks to everyone. Thanks to Lem for putting it all together as well as Philip, Charlie, Damon, and many others too numerous to mention. A special thanks to Jon Kaase for coming out and spreading some of his knowledge, Scotty coming in from Washington State as well as fellow Michiganders Adney, Randy and others. We probably had more Engine Masters competitors gathered in one place than you will find outside of the challenge itself. Great Racing, Great People and Great Tech discussions, anyone who was not there sure missed out... Don't miss it next year!
Part of the group

More of the group

Jon talks heads...

Zack from Quick Fuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Professer Charlie Evans schools us...

More of the group

Discussing heads

I have more pics, if you want more I can post them later... I hope everyone had a safe trip home.
-TOM-
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 PM

Good pic's,, although I think the camera adds 50lbs to me!! :lol:

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Tom,

Thanks so much for bringing that stock Boss 429 Hemi head that Jon started his discussion with. Also, it was a pleasure eating Sunday dinner at the Texas Roadhouse with you and your nephew. We had race heads, stock cast iron heads, intake manifolds, headers, rubber port molds, adaptor plates and more. I believe the tech panel was truly a fine group of engine builders, and I know that the Advanced Engine Builders Tech Seminar in Colorado, that SuperFlow charges like $600 or so to attend, couldn't have had a better group of speakers. Thanks to Jon, Scotty, Mike, Tim, Zack, Phillip and all the others for a fine job. We just flat ran out of time, so post more pictures Tom! I called a couple of my engine building buddies over in Indiania today, and chewed their *** for not attending. It was their loss, they could have learned something, I know I did!

Charlie Evans
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Charlie,

You got the wrong Tom, but no matter, it was a great time... I'm the one that brought the BT head and did some of the "head handling" during your discussion, I wish I had a real BOSS head to bring. (EDIT: That's me in the previous pic third from left)

Some more pics before I get some sleep (it was pretty late by the time me and my wife got home last night).

Nice um... pipes there Phillip

Another group pic.

Thanks again everyone...
-TOM-
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Tom Murphy,

You're right, and I am sooo wrong! You brought the Blue Thunder head and Tom Williams brought the Boss 429 hemi head. My sincere apology.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Later,

Charlie Evans
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:20 PM

Charlie,
We just got back to the U.P of Michigan and the drive was good.
Thank you for all the work you & the rest of the gang did to put the weekend and the tech seminar together! I greatly appreciate the opportunity to provide so many knowledgeable guys the chance to talk over the heads that I brought, especially the stock hemi head. It was truly an experience to hear from some of the best what they know from so much research and experience.

It was a real pleasure to talk with you and Adney (the crank Man from Performance Crankshafts) about various engine builds At the Texas Roadhouse were the food is good and the conversations are better. 8) The race wall was cool and its good to see that kind of involvement.

Hope to see you at the SECOND ANNUAL BBF Bash next year!

Tom Williams
&
Jason Vaughn

Tom Williams
Big Block 36 Ford 1 ton truck 460 5spd
1929 Ford Model A
1972 Gran Torino Sport
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
2006 Ford Ranger
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...emod4fun36.jpg
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
Thanks for the pics Tom. 8) I wish I could have been there Sunday morning. Sorry I missed you on Saturday. I wasn't by the car much, trying to meet and talk to everyone at the track. I was telling my Dad I should have left the hood open, because you wanted to look at the hydraulic clutch setup. ops: If you need any detailed pics, I'll send them to you for ideas.

36 truck (Tom), it was a pleasure to meet you and Jason too. Good luck with your project, and I'm sure you went home with enlightened zeal.

I told this to Lem, but didn't get a chance to chase Charlie down to tell him too. After an event like this, and see all the big engines these guys put together and work their magic, I'm thankful that Lem and Charlie took the time to help a little guy like me with a basic street car. Charlie answered questions I had during my build, and Lem was there on the phone to help as well. You just don't see that these days, and I wanted to thank you both again. Barry R from the site was the same way, when I bought my Scat rotating assembly. Thanks again!

New project coming... 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe 521/C6
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)

How many passes did that Fairlane make over the weekend? It seems like it was on the track more than anybody else, cool ride..

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic --Arthur C. Clarke

Dave McLain
McLain's Automotive
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
Thanks Dave. I made 15 passes on Friday's T&T. 8) The Detroit Locker (which I knew had problems), would lock up sometimes, and other times act like an open rear. :shock: When I would launch hard, it would spin, when I would ease up and launch, it would grab. It was hard to get off the line all day. My tire was also spinning on my rim, when it did grab. :lol: Luckily one of the guys noticed it and let me know. I tried putting more air in the Drag Radials (20psi), but it spun too much. It likes 16psi. I have two new heavy duty springs for the locker, so I'm going to tear that apart next chance I get, and run it down at Raceway Park in Englishtown. That 1/8 mile is rough for the Fairlane. I just hit 4th gear at the end, and I could hardly stop it with the 4-wheel drum brakes I have. I shifted 8 times in the 1/8 mile. 4 up, and 4 down to slow it. :lol:

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Pat,

Pat, it was great meeting you, and my wife thinks your Dad is the coolest guy in the world. Hope we all do this again next year.

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 AM

Yeah, my Dad is the best Jeff. I'm so lucky to have him with me, and to make that trip. He's my best friend. 8)

I see you changed your signature saying. :lol: You're the best Jeff! It was great meeting you too, and I hope to catch up with you and your wife again.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)

tmurphy460 -
after you mentioned it, once in a while it would pop into my thoughts but I never got to ask you or your wife what kind of Wiring Harnesses does she make...?

www.rmcompetition.com

R.M. Competition - The finest Custom Engine Building for any venue ... !
Selling Parts and Supplies from companies I use ... 1(586)909-1591

CUSTOM ground camshafts
Carburetor modifications for specific applications
CNC porting
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Randy,
She (Andrea) does automotive and industrial wiring harnesses, mostly low volume and prototype, including a few for Dana Corp. on military and truck systems. I got her started in it through some of the electronic stuff I design, it was something she could do and be home for the kids while working out of a room we set up in the basement. My specialty is automotive test equipment, I recently designed the latest Bear alignment equipment and exhaust gas analyzers.

Awesome woman, last weekend was our anniversary weekend away from the kids and she was cool with going to a dragstrip and letting me hang out with all you gearheads. (Not to mention her car is a '68 California Special w/ a 390GT)

By the way great meeting you there Randy,
-TOM-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in