I feel like im getting the run-around...... - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel like im getting the run-around......

Ok so i'm needing some advice here.......I contacted a fellow member on an ad they'd posted in the auction bock. I found others who have had good dealings w. this member, so i decided to buy the item from them. They like most prefered paypal, which i went ahead and used via my visa card.......
This member won't ship until he say "the payment has cleared" Whenever i've accepted paypal it's instantly deposited into my paypal account, and even when i first started using paypal i would use an echeck which required a few days for the payment to clear........
At this point i'm getting worried about loseing $225 bucks, I paid him on the 24th or the 25th w. my visa through paypal, and still nothing yet.....he said he would email tracking as soon as it shipped, but of course now i can't get any emails answers........

Am I gettin a load of crap?? Paypal w. visa is Safe, Secure and instant, RIGHT??
If for some reason there needs to be a reason that a visa payment needs to "clear" (which i don't think there is) :roll: It shoulda happened by now (9 days later) shouldn't it??
What should or can i do??
I afraid i might be dealing w. another deadbeat like cougar :shock:

Any input would be helpful,
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:20 AM

You can always back out yoru paypal payment if he hasn't cashed it yet...

If he has accepted the money, then you won't be able to back it out.

Then it is time to contact authorities about E-crime, which most districts tend to go after...

I hope he comes clean.

John.

John Strube
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 01:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mudbogtom
bash delay?

If the guy went to the bash, there may have been a few days delay while they were away or from traveling back from the bash.

Maybe they forgot to send tracking info? In 9 days you also have 2 possible weekends that maybe nothing got shipped out without a special trip to the post office? 9 days isn't much when dealing with the post office coast to coast.

Tom

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 05:26 AM

I always thought all Paypal was instant but last month I had them hold up a payment on me. The person sending me the money wasn't "verified", meaning no credit card or bank account # on file, and there would be a hold for up to a week. The e-mail I got said payment was sent to me but for me not to ship my stuff until I received notice the payment had cleared. This could be the issue but I think you would also get this info from Paypal if he did. Hope this is the case and nothing bad. Lee

'85 GT 7.5L daily driver w/466 ci
1/4 ET:[email protected] N/A, [email protected] w/ a little N2O
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

You guys could be right.......He seemed like a reputable and honest seller beforhand which is why i purchased from him, and he did give the same reason like 7.5gt's.... something to the affect that paypal burned him on something and the funds were never actually there, and he'd already shippped the item.
I should have prob. waited alittle longer to post, and i'm not here to rag or pull him through the mud, I mainly wanted to know if everyone else though I have cause for concern....
thanks
mike
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 AM
richter69

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I know when we did the cover your paypal was there instantly, I use the free service they offer and it takes 3 business days for it to go into my acct. I have had some that the money had to verify from their acct to the pp acct, this ususaly takes 3 days, and then the 3 days to go into my acct. If this falls on a weekend you have to allow for that. If its someone I have had dealings with i just go ahead and ship the deal out. If I dont "know" them I wait until it clears. Sometimes my shipper takes the day off, or I cant get by there, or somthing permits the delay of shipment. A pm is always in order to keep the buyer posted. Hope you dont get cougared, if so them let it fly. Some other forums I use have a "no dealings" sticky at the top to alert members to the deadbeat.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:43 AM

more than likely, he's just covering his butt, since he doesn't know you either. . I've had an instance where I received the paypal payment, shipped the item & sent a tracking # on the same day, only to have the guy cancel his payment the next day. It took me several months to get my cash for the item I shipped him.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM

If he was not answering my emails, I would file the claim with PayPal, it will put a lock on his account. PayPal is not 100% safe for everybody, neither is a credit card. I do lots of internet stuff, and have been burnt more than once. Send him an email and ask for his phone number to call and talk, if it is not there in 24 hours, file the claim. He will respond 5 minutes after he gets notice...........
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 AM

Just a thought.Is there any chance the credit card you have registered with Paypal has expired?I have heard of people getting a new card and not updating the expiry date with Paypal and it causes a delay in payment.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 PM

I work with a guy who makes and sells knives, fancy Rambo type stuff. Anyhow, he sold one on Ebay and was paid immediately by Paypal. The guy that won it was from another country and insisted he send it out immediately, so he did. Two days later, paypal contacted him telling him that the paypal account had been stolen and used by this guy and my co-worker was forced to refund the money to the victim. Now he's out a knife worth about $300. I always hold my parts until the paypal money has transferred to my bank, 3-4 business days. I do tell the buyers that in advance though.

Good luck. TB
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Well, I emailed him again this morning and asked if I'd cleared yet......still no reply!! :roll:

I just checked my paypal and under STATUS it shows that transaction as completed........HMMMM
Hurry up and wait I guess.....

Mike
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mudbogtom
Re: I feel like im getting the run-around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_worker
I paid him on the 24th or the 25th w. my visa through paypal, and still nothing yet.....he said he would email tracking as soon as it shipped, but of course now i can't get any emails answers........

Am I gettin a load of crap?? Paypal w. visa is Safe, Secure and instant, RIGHT??
If for some reason there needs to be a reason that a visa payment needs to "clear" (which i don't think there is) :roll: It shoulda happened by now (9 days later) shouldn't it??

Any input would be helpful,
mike

I wouldn't get all worked up over it in 9 days...My math says that if you paid on the 24th... and today is the 3rd... today makes the 9th day, not yesterday when you posted this. You had 1 weekend involved, and depending on where the seller is... possibly out of the US, north of the border... it might take an extra day with the banks and special paperwork for shipping?

If for some reason the paypal is waiting a transfer, it shows paid on your end, but until the transaction/transfer is complete, the seller does not have confirmation from paypal.

Tom
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:44 AM

Did you have the funds available from your paypal account or did you have to transfer some funds from a bank account into your paypal.. My personal experience is IF funds must be added then 50% of the time they put a hold on the payment till everything clears. I had this take 10+ days several times(even though it said 7 days). I wouldn't worry.... YET

FAST CHEAP RELIABLE.....you can only pick 2!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/alotaball/sig.jpg
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 03:40 AM

Did you PM them.Your email maybe is blocked (spam filter).

Tom Leslie
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 06:08 AM

Call the 800 # on the back of your VISA card. It is amazing what a good credit card/bank can do to stop payments and get things rolling. Like the other replies have stated, PayPal isn't perfect and in fact, some ebay sellers refuse to use it and not just because it costs them $. It can be a bad experience for buyer or seller.

What would worry me is the lack of response. The more time that passes, the less chance you have for a satisfactory solution and a simple "status" reply is certainly not asking too much from any seller.

Good luck but don't wait. Remember, if all is on the up and up because the guy is out having fun or in a coma somewhere or any other dandy reason and you have cancelled your transaction, the two of you can always complete the transaction after the smoke clears.

My $0.02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in