Good time in Bowling Green at NMCA! - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good time in Bowling Green at NMCA!

The weather sucked saturday but the weekend turned out great. I won the 11 second catagory in the true street race on Saturday and went 3 rounds in the bracket race on Sunday to get a check there too! Wait for it.......... and I didn't break anything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats and good job. A friend of mine went up Saturday to watch and said they were having a problem hooking the high powered cars. Did the track come around ?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Not really. Lots of cars got loose in the elimination rounds. I was spinning some saturday on the bottle so sunday I went without it and didn't have to worry about spinning!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Good Job James!! Wish I could have been there. I worked on the DVD, The Basement and the Yard this weekend :P

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
Congrats James! What did your Mustang run off the bottle? I keep telling my Dad, that I want to run as fast as Mustang James, when all is said and done. I love your true street theme, right down to the Drag Radials. I'm so glad I was able to see your car at the Bash. 8)

Also, how's your brother's car doing? Did he get it all straightened out? That was one sweet T-Bird, and I would have loved to see that FE run. 8)

New project coming... 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe 521/C6
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

The car ran like a champ on the motor! I went 7.22 in the 1/8th mile at 96mph. I revved it to the moon (6700 RPM) and didn't shift into 3rd! In the bracket race it went 7.23, 7.27, 7.26 - I broke out by .06 in the 3rd round ops:
Pat it will be hard to shift gears that fast! Did you get the linkage set up right? Next time out you have to take me for a ride in the Fairlane!
The T-bird is back together, I'll let you know what it does next time out. It will probably go to WFC10 in indy too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:46 AM

I saw ya run, man that is a nice car. I will be going to WFC10 also so maybe I will see ya there. With my non-big block car.

Damon knows what I am talking about.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
Wow, that's great on the motor only. :shock: I hope to be somewhere around there too, once I get that Detroit Locker rebuilt. The 4-speed did shift alot smoother once I adjusted the clutch. At the bash, I couldn't even get it into gear, after about the 8th run. :lol: I rolled it up on the trailer, adjusted the rod, and it was great after that. I have the Hurst Competition plus shifter in there, so I'll always have that long throw. I didn't want to make the large hole in the floor for the short throw one. (I think it's the Super Shifter ?). I was only shifting at 6000.

I'll give you a ride at the next Bash. We'll just put a little air in the tires and head back out to Old Kentucky 81. :lol:

New project coming... 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe 521/C6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in