Transmission Change!!!!! - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Transmission Change!!!!!

Just returned from the Ford Lovers West Coast Nationals! Had a great time; lots of fast Fords out there and it was fun being part of the event.

Now I am looking for advice regarding my transmission, and I am sure that this has been chewed over before, so bear with me.

My C6 is getting soft in the shifting and more than likely needs a rebuild. I have no trans brake and leave on a line lock at about 1800 rpm. The chassis can handle a more powerful launch, and I am looking to reduce some weight from the car.

The car is a 67 tube chassis Fairlane with a 4 link. It has a A head 466, with a C6 and a 3500 converter. I have been driving it on the street for 4 years, and the C6 has performed flawlessly. Now that the car is seeing more track time, I need to take the next logical step, and I think the transmisison is the place to start.

A wiff of NOS by way of a fogger is on the horizon.

I think a built C4 with a trans brake is more than likely what I will need. Dont know where to start. I want to spend the money once, so I am looking for recommendations from the board on a good setup and a good company.

Speaking with someone at the event said that there is a company that offers a C4 with a LIFETIME WARRANTY??? I could not believe this so I googled C4 transmission lifetime warranty and came up with a company out of Florida. JD'S performance.

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index....=item&inmake=0

Has anyone used this company before and what is your impression of them. This transmission goes for just under 2K.

Any advice is appreciated! What benefits can I see in a trans swap like this or should I just rebuild the C6 with a brake?

Thanks much!!!
Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to Ranger50 Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger50
Actually, Performance Automatic is out of Maryland, they have a network of selling dealers besides themselves. www.performanceautomatic.com

I'd be leery of the warranty. When I last read it, there were a lot of loopholes for them to get out of it. On top of it you are in Cali, you would be looking at least 3 weeks downtime at a minimum.....

Never trust an intelligent man with no money to play fair.

1995 Dodge Dakota... Just a LOW daily driver....
1997 F250 PSD -- It's broke, it is a Ford afterall.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Help Help Help!

Hey, over 100 people have read this posting, and only one reply? I am sure that in that group there has to of been at least someone that has faced this and come up with a solution....

Just looking for opinions,
Thanks, Bryan

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Help Help Help!

Hey, over 100 people have read this posting, and only one reply? I am sure that in that group there has to of been at least someone that has faced this and come up with a solution....

Just looking for opinions,
Thanks, Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in