Vette owners beware. lol - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Vette owners beware. lol

Ok so it's not a big block ford but have to tell this story about my PSD.
I was coming home from DesMoines on 4 lane road, came upon some road construction that had us slowed down to 55, well right after we cleared that I was behind a corvette, haven't got a clue what year as I don't pay enough attention to them to know that, anyway he had the top down and was just cruising so he forgot to get going again. so I started to pass him on the right and about the time my front bumper got even with his door the guy looks over and then looks down at speedo and kicks the vet in the rear, hear it kick down...guess he didn't like the idea of a diesel pickup passing him, well he starts pulling away so I kick the tuner clear up (140hp smoke) and stand on it. At that time we were doing about 60, this 7200lb truck started pulling on that vette I went from his rear bumper to his front tires with my front bumper by the time we hit 90 at which he finally started to pull on me and at around 95 started to pull away, which is fine with me cause that was fast enough but I could definatly tell he was agitated that my big ole 4x4 truck almost beat him, and actually was beating him until the brick like aerodynamics took affect.
And yes I am old enough to know better than to race on the street and so was he, probably early 50s, but hey had to see if this thing was running good .

oh and just to add insult to injury, I am currently running B75 approx, which of coarse cuts the power some running that high of percent biodiesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 04:05 PM

Man that makes me proud of being a PSD owner

I have done this several times and it really makes the chevy guy's mad to know that a PSD got them.

Randy
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to moparman
Yeah, I did that to a 5 ohhh gt mustang with my ol' Dodge 4x4. The 5.0 mustang boys don't like it any more than the chevy guys...

Bumblebee tuna...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 09:14 PM
richter69

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
yes you can make powerstroke very fast...........
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 PM

What yeat PSD do you have? And since were on the subject of PSD's richter69, what do you think of the DIY injectors? OOps I just thought that this might be one of those "saving pennies thing" better not answer.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
richter69

Been over at tds lol. If you are a good mechanic and dont get in a hurry the DIY deal is a good thing. PersonallyI have either Bean or Swamp do mine as I dont have the time to sit down and build them, plus they can flow them and verify they are good to go. Jims a good guy, and will aid in any tech suppt you need. What are they going in and what size are you looking to get?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 PM

A 96 7.3 , I just want the next step up from stock. I don't want to have to do a different HPOP. I've got a Superchip, tymar intake, and 4" exhaust minus the cat.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Digger mine is a 2000 7.3. has a homemade intake system, 5" straight pipe exhuast, prepump and in-tank mods down to the fuel system as well as regulated return, and a DP-tuner.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 PM
richter69

keep it under 130 cc and you should be fine. Get um any bigger then lack of oil is an issue and your tranny (if stock) will hate you with a decent chip.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 AM

my PSD is a 2003 4x4 crew cab 7.3 I love it I have a bullydog 6 position chip and a 4" exhaust on it and runs great I seldom use the chip but once and a while I do gets 15-17 loaded and 19-21 loaded. I love the ride as good as any car.

Randy
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 AM

hey monster sorry about the off topic but where are you from that you were in desmoines? im from indianola and just moved here from toledo, ohio and trying to meet new people.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 AM

hey monster sorry about the off topic but where are you from that you were in desmoines? im from indianola and just moved here from toledo, ohio and trying to meet new people.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in