Charlie Evans - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Charlie Evans

Charlie it was good to see you again. It was a pleasant surprise when I saw you walking over to our pits. Just wish we would have had more time to shoot the bull. These outlaw cars are just so time consuming between rounds. There was another guy I got talking to & he said he was from Owensboro (can't recall his name, I am bad with remembering names) Anyway when he said he was from Owensboro I asked him if he came to Hardinsburg with you. Immediately he corrected me & informed me that you had come with him, but told me not to tell anyone, as to not ruin his reputation. Glad you guys came up & hope you enjoyed the racing. Take care & have a nice day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Kevin,

It was great seeing you again. Lawes, Livermore Dave and I were on a fact finding mission. We learned a few things, such as your car and Joe Mayabb's car are absolutely beautiful!! We also learned that racing with a 1600+ Hp engine on a true 10.5" tire is totally crazy and we don't want any part of it. :shock: Leon, Joe Jr, Samuel V. and the other drivers must have gonads as big as cantaloupes! All night long I thought it was a crash waiting to happen.

Livermore Dave is a "general all-around butthead", so he must have been the one who told you that he didn't want his reputation ruined. The FACT of the matter is, that he neglected to tell you who paid his way in the gate :P,,, good 'ol Charlie.

On the way home, Bobby Small called me from Windy Hollow and said that there were two Fords in the finals of the Quick Eight race there, Kristina Lawyer in the black dragster and himself. Bobby won that deal and was pleased. So all in all, it was a good night!

Stay in touch,

Charlie Evans
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 AM

Hey Charlie, it was good to see you again. After offering dad the driver's seat, he put a throttle stop on the car. When I ran Leon and Kevin in the quarter finals the car layed down on top end very bad so I got out of the throttle. Sunday morning when we unloaded the car the throttle linkage had come loose. No wonder it laid down. I guess I will let him slide just this once though. Hope to see you next month.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:00 AM

Oh My gosh!

Kevin, Joe, and Joe Jr., I apologize for Charlie's behavior. I will remember when I haul his *** somewhere the next time to correct any transportation issues!

The truth of the matter is simply this. Charlie abandoned Lawes and myself during time trials, after Joe Jr.'s star gazing rocket ship ride! Lawes asked me where Charlie went and I told him I'd bet he's over at Joe's pits aggravating he and Joe Jr.! Sure enough, Lawes and I walked over to Joe's pit. There sit Charlie inside Joe's trailer eating a bologna sandwich with a side of potato salad! The bum sneaked off from Lawes and myself so he could eat without Lawes and I knowing, and we caught him! What a buddy, and after hauling his *** over 100 miles plus putting up with his bull**** most of the way, for him to pull that ****!

I would like to thank Joe for offering food to me. I felt so embarrassed after finding Charlie had invaded Joe's lunch box, I just wondered off through the pits in search of solitude, especially from Charlie!

Thank you Joe for the hospitality. You and Joe Jr. have a beautiful car, Saturday was the first time I've seen it run, what a ride. I spoke with Joe Jr. after the star gazing event and after the pit boss and crew mentioned while looking at the slow motion version of the ride on camera, "that wasn't so high"! Quite a different perspective from inside a car, right Joe Jr.?

Nice to meet all the guys at US 60 Saturday night. Maybe we can meet again soon. As for Charlie, I'll throw him in the trunk next trip, toss in a hot dog every half an hour and he will never be missed!

Good day all (except Charlie),
Dave.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:25 AM

You guys crack me up :lol:

Joe,

You didn't pull a "Damon" and put flat spots in your headers did ya? :P

Kevin,

Who won? I haven't been on the OSCA site yet.

Hope to see you guys soon!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM

Leon won Tim K. second.Samuel won Pro street and the King of hardinsburg Pat W. Won outlaw.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

It was a pleasure to meet you & Mr. Lawes. Hope you enjoyed the show. It does get crazy at times. I had met Charlie one time before, & he seemed like a nice guy, but Thank you very much for filling us in with facts. I guess I will have to keep an eye on Charlie from now on!!!! Shame on you Charlie!!!!

I know what you mean about the star gazing. I believe my driver was trying to imitate Joe or Damon Sea in the final round. I am not sure which, but when he left the line in the final he had the front wheels high in the air & carried them several feet. Fortunately he was able to land the car softly & we were able to win the race.

No seriously it was a pleasure to meet you guys & hope you will come up again some time & watch us race. I can't rag on Charlie too much when Charlie said my engine made 1600+ horse. I think Charlie is being very generous, but I do appreciate the compliment Charlie. You guys take care & have a nice day!!!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to rbohm Send a message via MSN to rbohm Send a message via Yahoo to rbohm
[quote="c.evans" We also learned that racing with a 1600+ Hp engine on a true 10.5" tire is totally crazy and we don't want any part of it. :shock: Leon, Joe Jr, Samuel V. and the other drivers must have gonads as big as cantaloupes! All night long I thought it was a crash waiting to happen.
[/quote]

8) i can and have seen crazier things in racing, like a 900hp bb chev stuck between the front wheel wells of a chevette. that car went on its roof when the driver, an ex-fuel altered shoe, tried to drive the car like an fuel altered and pedal the car instead of pulling the chute.

or stuffing a 2500+hp supercharged nitro fueled hemi into a 90" wheelbase altered, and make a run without making sure the slicks had equal amounts of air. that car nearly killed me and my car owner when we were pulling our altered down the return road after a run. if i had been going a couple mph faster, that car would have passed through the drivers door of the tow truck, instead of passing 5 feet in front of us.

64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

yea though i drive through the valley of the shadow of rice
i shall fear no turbo for torque art with me

fordsix.com admin
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 02:07 PM

I don't think my star gazing was as bad as yours Damon. I did manage to ding a couple of headers. The steering and oil pan also got a little dinged too but no damage was done.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayabb
I don't think my star gazing was as bad as yours Damon. I did manage to ding a couple of headers. The steering and oil pan also got a little dinged too but no damage was done.
Well that's good! So what's the best way to remove header dings :?: :mrgreen:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 02:31 PM

Heck Joe, it looked like a 4th of July fireworks show as going off underneath your car. It truly lit up the nighttime sky! :shock:

Kevin, I was there as a helper and general all-around flunky when you dynoed the engine as a 598 CID. No telling what it makes now that it's bigger.

Livermore Dave, I'll get even with you later. :twisted:

Damon, Joe banged up his collectors and primary tubes where they went into the collectors. In the past, we've been able to get the hot wrench out and warm the affected area and then slide an old Louisville Slugger up the collector and do some prying and beating. It worked.

Later,

Charlie Evans
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 03:17 PM

headers

I knew I should have wrote my ideas the last time I visited the site, now Charlie will want all the credit!

Damon, if I may suggest. Two means of removing tubing "dings" come to mind. I will not commit (as some have) that it will provide the results you seek.

1. With one end of the affected tube sealed to prevent the loss of air, make an adapter for the opposing end that will allow air to be injected. Heat the damaged area while applying air, this may return the tubing material to it's original form.

2. As another mentioned, although with out the use of a bat. Use a round steel or aluminum ball that's diameter is a bit smaller than the tube's I.D.. Insert the ball into the tube, heat the damaged area and drive the ball into and past the damaged area, returning the tubing to it's original form. Or, you could attach a cable to the ball and pull it through the affected area. One could always attach the ball to a slide hammer.

Now if you need to pass through a bend in the tubing, well I don't know if this will work or not, sounds pretty tough!

Not really a bad guy, Charlie just draws me that way!

Dave.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
We also learned that racing with a 1600+ Hp engine on a true 10.5" tire is totally crazy and we don't want any part of it.
Who are you calling crazy Charlie, that's what makes it fun and challenging :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
Well that's good! So what's the best way to remove header dings
Damon I found that a stud gun (and I'm not talking about Charlie either :lol: ) and a slide hammer work quite well.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:49 AM

Doug,

If you are going to race in that class, then I guess I'm calling you crazy! :lol: I'm suggesting that you get a doctors physical and then sharpen your skills as a driver down there around Savanah for a year, because if & when you ever bring your car up here to run with these OSCA boys, I'm afraid it will be a slugfest. It ain't all about just whoever has the most horsepower. It's about big wheelstands due to no wheelie bars and about keeping it off the guardrails on these narrow little 'ol tracks. Computer controlled timing curves and likewise computer controlled nitrous stages and the list goes on. I will say that the Fords seem to be in the majority around here and did most of the winning Saturday night. Hurry up and finish that car! That's the main thing.

Have a good one!

Charlie Evans
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 09:19 AM

Doug I'm glad you clarified that when speaking of a "stud gun" that you were not relating to Charlie. Calling Charlie a "stud gun" would be like calling a .22 caliber rifle an elephant gun!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in