Just moved to Texas. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just moved to Texas.

Well It seems as if I finally have my net working correctly here at the new apartment. All in all it has been a good week so far. Arrived in Texas thursday.. get moved into the new apartment.. went to the plant where I'll be working and met my boss and a few other folks. Today was my first day at work, new employee orientation.. training.. and all that stuff for the next few days, mixed in with some normal duty safety stuff.

So just saying hello, Im sure I'll be on sometime in the future. Leaving the house at 6 and not getting home till about 6 is going to suck for a while but I'll get used to it.

B Rad

1990 GT, 347 / 76mm turbo setup OUT AND GONE!

New setup going in. Dove headed 545 with a plate kit to 400, progressive, Th400 etc. etc. etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 09:17 PM
gvos

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Welcome to Texas!!

Where are you at bud? I'm in the North Dallas area.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Clear Lake City, Right outside of Houston.

New setup going in. Dove headed 545 with a plate kit to 400, progressive, Th400 etc. etc. etc.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Texas,,

I was in Texas for some training back in the day. LOTS of real nice people there. Good luck with the new job.

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:40 PM

Get settled and come on out for some good racing action... http://www.texasraceway.com/main.asp?page=home
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome to Texas. I work in the Clear Lake area. Everything is Ok down here until it starts raining, then it can be miserable. When its 100 degrees, 100 percent humidity, and mosquitos you will think you are in hell. I lived here all my life so I bitch some, but really it not too bad most of the time once you get used to it.

Mark

71 Mach1 460/5speed
72 Maverick 429/C6
86 F350, Crew Cab, 6BT Cummins
53 M211
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

welcome coupe
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks fellas. Im living in The Regatta apartments on Nasa Rd. 1. Working off of I-10 at the Chevron Phillips Cedar Bayou plant. Is there a better way to get over there than taking 146. Best route ive found so far..

I have got to get out to the track here. I pass by the "Raceway park" sign everyday after work.. turn off of 146... Thats the big track right?

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 PM

yes sir.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 09:34 PM

DAMMIT SON! :shock: If I owned Houston AND Hell... I'd rent Houston out and live in Hell!!!! The weather is nicer! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding boys.

Welcome to TX !

Bob Meyer
www.BIGBLOCKFOX.com
'69 Mach1 390 4-spd, '64 Falcon Futura
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 AM

bob when i retire i want to live at canyon lake/new bronsfels(how ever you spell it) geat lake ,scenery,river,climate.my wifes grand parent live on the river,just down from what used to be called horseshoe fall's.where you there for the big flood of 04"?
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino501
bob when i retire i want to live at canyon lake/new bronsfels(how ever you spell it) geat lake ,scenery,river,climate.my wifes grand parent live on the river,just down from what used to be called horseshoe fall's.where you there for the big flood of 04"?
I can't spell it either and only live 20 miles from there. :lol:

No I just moved here 1.5 years ago, so I missed both big floods. My house is high enough that I don't need to worry. I can see the lake, but am up on a hill about 1/2 mile from it. I do enjoy the scenery here. I cross the Devil's Backbone twice a day. These "Hill Country" roads are fun in the 5.0 Mustang ragtop also. The majority of the population is retired I beleive, but also a good place to raise kids. The schools are rated very good.

They evacuated all the campers and toobers at the river today because of the flash flooding. They closed River Road also.

The rain is a nice change from the 2 year drought we had.

Holler at me next time you are in the area. PM me for my cell# or email addy. That invitation goes out to any forum members.

Bob Meyer
www.BIGBLOCKFOX.com
'69 Mach1 390 4-spd, '64 Falcon Futura
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 07:54 AM

thank bob ill def ck back with you.the wife and i are probobly going up labor day.i really envy you. keep in touch.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe Devil
Thanks fellas. Im living in The Regatta apartments on Nasa Rd. 1. Working off of I-10 at the Chevron Phillips Cedar Bayou plant. Is there a better way to get over there than taking 146. Best route ive found so far..

I have got to get out to the track here. I pass by the "Raceway park" sign everyday after work.. turn off of 146... Thats the big track right?
You work right here in our neck of the chemical belt. :lol: The "Raceway Park" signs you keep seeing are indeed Houston Raceway Park. Be sure and let me know next time you want to get out there. We have a bracket race coming up this next Saturday if you can get out there. Look for us or PM me a number.

As far as the drive.....Hwy 146 is the only path. That is a good plant though. You're in good hands out there. Why did you move so far away from the plant? There are some nice places in Mont Belvieu and here in Crosby. I would say Baytown but most of the complexes there are either crap or so high dollar they're ridiculous.

Holler if you need something!

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
2006/2008 Ultra Stang World Champion
Kicker Audio - Exile Turbo - Probe / Coast High Performance - Oakley - Street Car 1320 Clothing
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Hey man, Im planning on going to HRP Saturday. Ive talked with a few other guys on Hardcore50.com that are going..

I moved over to Clear Lake to share an apartment with a friend. There are like 5 people from my school living and working in or around Houston. 2 downtown, im working in Baytown and my room mate is working in Texas city. Figured it would be good if we moved down here if we knew someone else here. She wont be going to track with me though so I guess Saturday nights will be a guys night for me.

My cell number is 270-519-2662. I dont have to work at all friday being on the 9-80 schedule. What time do you leave your house to go to the track? What time do gates open and all that. I might just follow you in. That would help me learn more about the area to maybe.

Thanks

B Rad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in