Street Racing - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Street Racing

I know I have included the word "cruising" or "cruise" site in some of my threads. I don't mean Street Racing nor do I condon or endorse this behavior.

Mike T. aka 511Fox

No Sushi Zone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 07:15 PM

uh....ok man :roll: :roll:
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gearhead559 Send a message via Yahoo to Gearhead559
right.. :roll:

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/funny%20****/streetracingsign2.jpg[/img]

The heartbeat stops here!
I bleed blue oval blue, and **** hugger orange!
www.gearheadzautomotive.com
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...sigpiccopy.jpg

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Forum Contributor

We need a poll on the ethical dilemma of street racing.

In Limbo at all times
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 PM

Street Race

Responsibly might be in order. Time, place, conditions, maximum speed and risk to others. Most on this site are sensible?
A pole here with the right circumstances may reveal some interesting results.

69 Mustang ProStreet 580 E85
9.0 @ 148

70 Torino 521
[email protected]
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 PM

i have and will always street race but i dont go out like i used to i still have the car that i used for many years late 70s camaro 30x10.50s bbc that will run 9.20s on any street that people have put alot of rubber down. instead of going out 4 nights a week every week now i go out about 3 times a year usually just to see whos out.i only would do it on certain roads with no traffic . we started organizing and going out during the week and sunday mornings when no ones around. i have seen a few people get killed doing it but seen more crashes at the track
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to Devildog
Damn I feel so much better now.....glad I will be able to get a good night sleep....D.......p.s. Gearhead I think I just spit half my Shiner Bock onto my girlfriends laptop
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 12:09 AM

it seems to me that there is a lot of street racing going on guys that haul the car to a place then call it a street car they never go to the track because there cars would not pass tech and therefore not safe. times have changed you will lose your ride go to jail maybe prison if you kill some one then the widow will sue you in court and take everthing else you have left
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30over429
it seems to me that there is a lot of street racing going on guys that haul the car to a place then call it a street car
Trailered race cars showing up at the street races is nothing new. It was always fun to watch the mad dash as they tried to load their cars back on the trailer when the cops showed up.

It's surprising to me that a bunch more people around here didn't get hurt back in the "good old" street racing days. Cars crashing into the back of other cars during burnouts and I'm standing right there a few feet away (holy sh*t!). Cars racing on the highway access road getting crossed up & shooting to the left catapulting down onto the highway entrance ramp (ouch!). Cars loosing balancers and flywheels (yikes!). An Anglia not stopping in time and crashing/bouncing into a field (FIRE!). A chebby monza crashing because a slick hit the curb during the burn out (scuff that paint!). Yea....good times (LOL).

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. Dave::
460 street '66 Ranchero.......................finished someday.
460 race '70 Maverick..........................finished someday.
All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.
My youtube page. Some ancient & newer local race video.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

It is hard enough in the current Political climate of Governmental Materalism/Political Correctness/Rapid Environmentalism to get others to understand why Dragstrips are necessary/performance cars should be allowed. Street Racing by its very nature generates negative Publicity that performance cars don't need. ops: :idea:

This Is My Take ON Things AGREE/DISAGREE THATS YOUR RIGHT :!: :!:

No Sushi Zone
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 PM

I did it back in the day, I dont do it now. Something about being older and wiser I dunno. You want to go ahead, come blazin' down my street with my kid playin' in the front yard I dont care who you are youre gonna have some kinda big trouble you wish you never had.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:45 PM

where do you think performance cars came from to start with. it wasnt till those (ricers and fast and furios) idiots and those stupid movies came out that street racers got a bad rep. hell most people dont even know about real street racers and where real races take place. 511 fox you probably didnt know it but street racing is what started the muscle car craze in the 60s chrysler even used to test at night time on woodward ave in mi and it was ok then no negative publicity? thats what sold cars. we dont generate any negative publicity because we are not in the public eye like 16 year old rice racers with moms mini van racing in heavy traffic
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30over429
it seems to me that there is a lot of street racing going on guys that haul the car to a place then call it a street car they never go to the track because there cars would not pass tech and therefore not safe. times have changed you will lose your ride go to jail maybe prison if you kill some one then the widow will sue you in court and take everthing else you have left
these cars do go to the track on certain nights only and these street race cars are no beaters most all have passed nhra tech i have seen 100.000$ cars street racing i know of a jerry hass prostocker that is about 5 years old it makes a few street passes every year
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Yes that is true as far as the beginnings but there is a big push by a mulitude of parties to push the street racers to the track. I agree with them. The streets aren't a controlled environment like the track and even there accidents happen its just they have help already there. :roll:

For your welfare and the welfare of others keep it on the track.
:idea:

PS. You can call me Mike. You may not agree with me and I with you, but I don't dislike you.

No Sushi Zone
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by showdown mustang
it wasnt till those (ricers and fast and furios) idiots and those stupid movies came out that street racers got a bad rep.
Come on now, you can't blame this one on the ricers, it's just not true. Street racing didn't recently get a bad rep just because of the ricers, It has ALWAYS had a bad rep because its illegal & can be dangerous to others. This was true in the 50's & the 60's and it's true today. There wasn't a butt load of boom-box ricers street racing in the late '70's when I first started going to the street races, but the cops hated you doing it just as much then as they do today.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. Dave::
460 street '66 Ranchero.......................finished someday.
460 race '70 Maverick..........................finished someday.
All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.
My youtube page. Some ancient & newer local race video.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in