What do you guys and gals think of this? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do you guys and gals think of this?

Like a lot of folks in this country I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine
test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to
people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a
urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it
for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back
on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping
someone sitting on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would
save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????

Pretty simple. :roll:

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 PM

Re: What do you guys and gals think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter3814
Like a lot of folks in this country I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine
test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to
people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a
urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it
for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back
on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping
someone sitting on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would
save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????

Pretty simple. :roll:
I do contract work in the public housing sector, you don't want to get me started on the amount of money (taxes) wasted on lazy *** people.

Like you said, some people just need help getting back on their feet, some just hit bad luck, some had unexpected circumstances, illness, old age, etc, etc. Some actually are going to college and working trying to make their lives better. These people need the help and most Americans have no problems with their taxes helping them out.

Then you have a large group of people who sit around, watch Jerry Springer and smoke weed all day, if they decide to wake up before 3 pm. They get NEGATIVE rent sometimes or sometimes free. They get more money for popping out more kids for us to pay for, and get their apartments repaired for after they tear them up. Snow removal and landscaping=free. In some cases you have literally 4 generations of families making careers out of welfare. This is abuse plain and simple. Gotta love how the media/music, etc glorify the whole ghetto lifestyle, too. :roll:

1969 Mustang SportsRoof | Dark Red | 545 cid Big Block
2005 Mustang GT | Sonic Blue | 4.6L w/ C&L CAI & BBR Tune

http://www.fquick.com/buckeyeboss
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:47 PM

I think they should have to run headlong into a woodchipper for their check.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 09:11 PM

Yep, it's a disgrace

It's a disgrace the way the gov't allows the blatant abuse of the system. The idea is good; but the implementation is an embarrassment.

For example...I know of a guy that had county health banging on his door because people had videotaped rats coming in and out of his place. When they came in there, they found that he had an entire bedroom loaded floor to ceiling with government beans, rice, corn. He'd faithfully go down every day and get his ration from some gov't hand out deal.

Here's the funny part. Why the big stash? He didn't eat it...he saved it all spring/summer to burn in his pellet stove in the winter. HE HEATED HIS HOUSE with it for the past 15 years burning government rice, beans, and corn. LOL!!!

Funnier yet; county health made him store it outside in the shed, throw out some rat poison (which they provided) and that's where the story ends. He STILL to this day heats his house on government food.

www.RaceSystems.com
Home of Project Ludicrous Speed
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Well what irritates me about this government is that I had to wait a couple years to get my work visa and it takes forever for me to get a green card but if I were to fly Mexico, get a nice tan and run back over the border then I could have free healthcare, free schooling for my kids and for a few thousand bucks I could buy my freedom and even make payments.....all so I could "do the jobs that americans won't do".

I guess my whole point is this, I understand your frustration because I feel the same way no matter what country I live in but imagine this....I pay the exact same taxes here as everyone else and get nothing in return because I am a resident alien.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 AM

i just have a problem with the whole prove your not on drugs thing. what ever happend to the innocent untill thing?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 02:05 AM

Re Welfare etc

If it makes anyone feel better its the same over here(UK) the core of the country is made up of hard working good solid citizens, then you have the parasites that get rent/housing etc given to them because they are too idle to get a job and get on with it! My old lady(Mum)) gets by on her money without begging from the state, she is old school, worked hard and pays her way, the system is such that she would probably be farther down the pecking order for handouts than some lazy git that has never grafted and has sucked money out of the system since birth! I too have no problem with genuine people that need help no matter what their background, I go into houses when at work where people dont work, use drugs, drink alcohol etc, 90% of the time those same houses will have plasma TV's, Hi Fi's etc, makes you wonder? Sorry to rant! it gets my goat!! Dave :lol:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:31 AM

Re: Re Welfare etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxcobra
I go into houses when at work where people dont work, use drugs, drink alcohol etc, 90% of the time those same houses will have plasma TV's, Hi Fi's etc, makes you wonder? Sorry to rant! it gets my goat!! Dave :lol:
It's the same way here, big screen TV's, giant stereo systems, sometimes a brand new Cadillac Escallade or Lincoln Navigator in the driveway with $10k rims, but they get free rent and food stamps. :?:

1969 Mustang SportsRoof | Dark Red | 545 cid Big Block
2005 Mustang GT | Sonic Blue | 4.6L w/ C&L CAI & BBR Tune

http://www.fquick.com/buckeyeboss
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I would expect that someone on welfare who has a Navigator or Escalade in their driveway probably has an income source beside welfare and outside the law. I think the whole Western world has the same problem to some extent. All us hardworking tax payers share the same frustration, but I suspect that the bureaucracy needed to weed out welfare cheats would cost more to the tax payer than the amount the cheats receive. Venting our collective spleens here seems to be our only release. That and racing.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM

I spent forty years in the retail food industry here in Minnesota. You want to see misuse. The bastards come in from Chicago, stopping by Milwaukee, to get there second check then up here to good old Minnesota where the welfare dollar amount is the highest in the country per person. Now they have three checks from three states in false names and address's? Now with electronics they don't have to leave home it just gets activated at the ATM machine. Welfare was designed as a safety net for folk's between job's or injury's NOT A GODAM LIFE STYEL. I seen 4-5 generations of this crap and it's not just Black's it's every race, it's so easy. Then they get there W.I.C.K program cards for baby formula and sell that, Plus the section 8 housing, witch they trash and the kids don't like school because it's not cool to be educated ( to much like whitey). I seen so much abuse of this system it sicking. And they keep tax,tax,taxing and spend, spend ,spending, but it's for the childern,! MY ***. So the Bums don't have work! One Bright spot (you can't use your welfare card at ATM in the casiono anymore) it's a start.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Well this subject always gets my goat. As far as I am concerned they should scrap the whole damn thing in every country for all the reasons mentioned above. One time in my life I tried to get unemployment insurance when I got layed off from a job. The waiting period was 2 months. Who can live 2 months when you are already working minimum wage jobs. I know I certainly couldn't. But, if you have had a previous case then it only takes a couple weeks.

When I was in college I had my wife and two girls and I tried to get help again from social assisitance. I got rejected so I appealed. I remember the appeal like it was yesterday. The parking lot was full of Jags and Beamers, the room was full of bitches in big leather and fur coats. The told me I squandered my $7400 (for the year) student loan and should have saved more. (lets see, 2500 tuition, 1500 books, 500/month rent, gee maybe we shouldn't have ate...)

I went to school for 10-12 hours per day class time, worked 3 part time jobs and my wife babysat some kids so we could make it through two years. I usually had 3-4 hours of sleep a night during the week. And the other people in my apartment.... all single moms on welfare, trying to get pregnant so they can get more money, wearing $500 leather jackets and going the bar everynight. So as far as I am concerned they could scrape the whole thing. Those mofo's will find a job when they don't have money for food anymore.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:38 PM

I live near one of the largest truck farming areas in the country. I knew a person who rented to hispanic males who worked in the fields under the table. They were making as much as $1000 a week yet they were on every GOV'T program know to man. It made me sick,who knows if these guys were even US citzens :?: :?: Our Pastor wanted us to go to the Migrant camps and serve "Free" food to these people. I refused many of these people have more money than I do but I pay taxes.

I am not a Racist nor am I saying I think these people should go to Hell. Jesus died for them too.

Agree with me or disagree that's your right.

Mike T. aka 511Fox

No Sushi Zone
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

I think that the welfare system is one of the greatest but most abused systems our government has ever had.
It is great for people that is disabled, due to health or accident, also for children in unfortunate situations, and others. But it needs some tight regulations.
How about our government take the money they give away to other countries and build plants making things that we buy from China,(VCR's TV's ect, ect,) and tell the healthy ones on welfare that they now have a job that will have insurance and retirement plan, and they no longer have a free ride. The profits would be put into profit sharing for the employees, or reinvested into more factories.
Would this not cut the welfare expense, increase the tax base, and lower the national trade deficit?

Oh well, just a wild idea.

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 11:22 PM

deerhunter great idea. You my friend are way to logical or is that your SMART from going to school or maybe just good common sense. NO way it will change. If you improve the system they won't have any thing to PROMISE next election, also immigration, social security, welfare and any other programs to keep the poeple underfoot! I maybe mistaken but I think this is a part time job if so I may have to get one to pay for the dam GAS! Thanks for your time.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 06:45 AM

Govt Statistics

My statistic comes from a book by Marvin Olasky titled "The Tragedy of American Compassion" so you know this is not BS. 2/3 of the Federal budget is spent on public assistance, of this amount, only 18% actually gets into the hands of the needy. 82% gets chewed up by the bureacracy that administers the programs.

I highly recommend his book except it will bring a tear to your eye as you see how wasteful our govt is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in