Fun Ford Weekend - Belle Rose, Louisiana - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fun Ford Weekend - Belle Rose, Louisiana

Ok...heading out tomorrow for the FFW race at No Problem Raceway in Lousiana. Should be a good weekend. I've got "Butch" ready to roll and take our second straight Ultra Stang win. We've got Dad's Thunderbird back up and running last weekend. He's fighting with his motorhome right now so I'm not sure if he's going or not.

FFW is having a special "Ford vs. All Comers" race on Friday night this year. Electronics class and a footbrake class. $50 to enter with each class paying $1000 to win. The winner of each class will then race each other for an additional $500. Yeah....I want some of that one!!!

Who's going to make an appearance at NPR this weekend? Be sure to stop by and say Hi.

Here's a pic of Butch!!! One month old and already has one FFW U/S win to his pedigree.

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
2006/2008 Ultra Stang World Champion
Kicker Audio - Exile Turbo - Probe / Coast High Performance - Oakley - Street Car 1320 Clothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 01:32 PM

Where were you? I don't have a clue what you look like and was going to say hey. But a guy that is a member over at Corral rode down with us and refused to walk with me to find you. You must have really pissed those guys off!

I enjoyed the FFW classes but the bracket racing stunk! There was some guys that knew how to bracket race, but there was a lot of guys that where breaking out by seven numbers!! I could only handle two rounds, I couldn't sit through and watch that again.

There was probably 10 races where the slow car had such a bad reaction time that the fast car left before the slow car (or at the same time). Then the faster car would pass the slow car before the 330. Stay full out down the track and breakout!! "What in the world are they thinking!!!"

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the FFW racers, all thought there wasn't very many. But, I doubt I will ever go back for a FFW. The NPR facilities where very nice I was impressed.

Had a good time but the bracket racing was never racking!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones
Where were you? I don't have a clue what you look like and was going to say hey. But a guy that is a member over at Corral rode down with us and refused to walk with me to find you. You must have really pissed those guys off!

I enjoyed the FFW classes but the bracket racing stunk! There was some guys that knew how to bracket race, but there was a lot of guys that where breaking out by seven numbers!! I could only handle two rounds, I couldn't sit through and watch that again.

There was probably 10 races where the slow car had such a bad reaction time that the fast car left before the slow car (or at the same time). Then the faster car would pass the slow car before the 330. Stay full out down the track and breakout!! "What in the world are they thinking!!!"

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the FFW racers, all thought there wasn't very many. But, I doubt I will ever go back for a FFW. The NPR facilities where very nice I was impressed.

Had a good time but the bracket racing was never racking!!

come to texas and check it out

93 coupe [email protected]
429,c6,3.08
3485-LBS

472 W/ SCJ HEADS ON MY WAY TO LOW TENS IN A STREET CAR

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Jones,
We were pitted about the 1200 foot mark up next to the fence. Next time look for the "US 1" on the car. :lol: I was pitted right next to my Dad and his Thunderbird. Black & flamed '84 T-Bird with Holeshot wheels.

As for the Corral members.....who cares. They usually can't find their butt with both hands anyway. I agree about the first few rounds of the brackets. We just didn't know what to think about it. I know that NPR has some good bracket guys running their weekly races but I don't know what was going on. It was damned weird.

Not sure how I managed to do it but I went .077 red in round 2. I staged the car in the same spot, had the rpm's at 1500, saw the whole bulb.........then it went red. Same stage/leave deal landed me a .034 R/T in the morning time trial along with a .037 R/T in the first round. Something went wrong but damned if I know. On the positive side of things, Dad went 9.23 @ 144 mph with the new engine. Car went over the scales at 2910 with him aboard. We believe there is considerably more in the car right now. It was still very fat so he is going to drop the jets next time out. He also wants to raise the shift point a few hundred rpm to see what happens. He was using this race as a simple testing session. Long way to go for testing but he and my step-mom had a great time. I'm thinking that with some decent air and a little more tuning this 512" engine could push him to around 8.95 or so. We'll see.

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
Kicker Audio - Exile Turbo - Probe / Coast High Performance - Oakley - Street Car 1320 Clothing
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

SD

SD, what ET's are you getting with the new Stang??

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 12:59 PM

I probably past you. I walked down to tech to ask them some questions about Tough Truck classes and talked to some of those racers.

There was a Fox body with a DOHC mod motor for sale we looked at for a while.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Re: SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus66
SD, what ET's are you getting with the new Stang??
So far...a best of 13.97 at a weight of 3855 pounds. I topped the tank off in Lafayette so we had over 3/4 of a tank by the time we hit Belle Rose. Dammit. I really wanted to run the car with a 1/4 of a tank or less. Still dead stock with an automatic and 3.31 gears.

I've got a few ideas for the first round of modifications to the car. I have been deep staging in Ultra Stang and I'm just not really comfortable doing so anymore. I have been just barely blinking the top light off and I have to wait until I "see the whole bulb" before I deck the throttle. This has been somewhat successful so far but I'm really ticked off about the few red lights I have had by doing it this way. During the Friday night bracket race we were not allowed to deep stage. I just barely turned the second bulb on then bumped the car about another inch or so. Then, I loaded the car up to around 2000 rpm on the footbrake and when the last amber bulb flashed I drilled it. This gave me some decent R/T's around .020-.040. Not great but at least they're not red. I feel that if I can get the car to make it's initial move quicker then I can shallow stage and really attack the tree since we have a .500 Pro Tree in Ultra Stang. With the deep staging I can't use my reflexes the way I like to. I am having to "cut" them a bit so i don't redlight. To be truthful....it's pissing me off.

I believe that with a 3.73 gear, a small converter around 2400 rpm, decent control arms and tires I will be able to make the car react well enough to shallow stage. One thing is for sure.....two rounds and down won't win another championship.

Jones,
Where was this fox body? What color? We were pitted near Danny & Suzanne Towe with their '70 Mustang and '88 Mustang (both orange with black stripes) and E.L. Smith's black 2002 5.4 DOHC car. Between us and the fence was a nice covered "patio" area that the track owners let E.L. and his bunch use during this race.

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in