The Arrogance Of Chevy Owners - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Arrogance Of Chevy Owners

Chevy owners have to be either the most short sighted or most arrogant individuals short of the French. They would dry wall the Cisten Chapel. As much as I enjoy PHR mag I wanted to vomit when I saw their "Orphan" project, they put a LS SBC in a perfectly good Fox body and they ran an article about putting a BBC in a '94 Mustang. :cry: :twisted: :?: :!:

Mike T. aka 511Fox

No Sushi Zone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Few years back I had a Chevy Puller come up to me and ask how big My BB ford 460 engine was in my Pulling Truck ShaZam, I told him 501. he said WOW I thought the most you could get out of a 460 Car block was 496, with out have to do major block clearancing..

I didn't have the heart to tell him with a 460 Car block us Ford guys could make a 557 with out having to clearance anything.

Dan

www.shazampulling.com

The older I get the less I seem to know.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 03:37 PM

The LS1 is a great Ford motor. Oil pump is at the front, intake and exhaust ports are evenly spaced, 1.7 ratio rocker arms, same firing order as the 351, machined valve cover gasket surface... sure sounds like a Ford motor to me!

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to bbstickstang
Well all the years i've had a ford (all my life) i've had to deal with the chevy in a ford thing from my friends. i came up with this phrase:" If I couldnt and didnt have the knowledge to build anything other than a chevy motor at least I would put it in a ford so I wouldnt be ashamed to ride around in it" That usaully shuts them up. Kinda like the chrome thing not making it any faster, when the hood is shut and the winner goes across the finish line thats what the people see...............Ron

[email protected] New best, 1.31 60', 12-5-15 All Muscle and No Steroids!
69fb mustang ,509,Liberty Equalizer,5.29 ,31x10.5 w ,3309 w/driver.
I get to feel the torque of a BBF 4 times an 1/8 and 5 times a 1/4.
www.classicgearjammers.org
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJackson
The LS1 is a great Ford motor. Oil pump is at the front, intake and exhaust ports are evenly spaced, 1.7 ratio rocker arms, same firing order as the 351, machined valve cover gasket surface... sure sounds like a Ford motor to me!
What I saw this weekend was interesting on Horsepower TV. They took the Nova (Project Blue Hair) that was built on Musclecar with the LS1 motor, remove the 8 coil packs, remove the heads and installed L76/L96 heads, put on a distributor drive timing cover, and then installed the MSD Billet FORD 302 small cap distributor :shock: . The same show should air again this coming Saturday.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM

Re: The Arrogance Of Chevy Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by 511Fox
Chevy owners have to be either the most short sighted or most arrogant individuals short of the French. They would dry wall the Cisten Chapel. As much as I enjoy PHR mag I wanted to vomit when I saw their "Orphan" project, they put a LS SBC in a perfectly good Fox body and they ran an article about putting a BBC in a '94 Mustang. :cry: :twisted: :?: :!:

Mike T. aka 511Fox
You should have seen all the hell raised by the Pontiac purists when I dropped a Cleveland into a 1980 Trans Am. I have never seen that many people sh!t themselves at one time.

It was funny. 8)

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
2006/2008 Ultra Stang World Champion
Kicker Audio - Exile Turbo - Probe / Coast High Performance - Oakley - Street Car 1320 Clothing
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 PM

The best one I've seen was a Camaro at a all Mopar show--a 440 in it, talk about an insult to the bow tie crowd. It was cool as hell!
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to moparman
I've always wanted to put a 383 mopar in a chevy. It could have 383 badges all over it and when the hood pops, so do their eyes! Oh, I'm sick of all the rods with crate 350s and 383s in them. Ford makes good engines, mopar makes good engines, why put a chevy in 'em? Bout the only ones I'm not impressed with is Oldsmobile. What an anchor.

Bumblebee tuna...
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman
I've always wanted to put a 383 mopar in a chevy. It could have 383 badges all over it and when the hood pops, so do their eyes! Oh, I'm sick of all the rods with crate 350s and 383s in them. Ford makes good engines, mopar makes good engines, why put a chevy in 'em? Bout the only ones I'm not impressed with is Oldsmobile. What an anchor.
When I was a kid in Jr. High, my uncle had a friend named Terry Valmain. Valmain owned this really nice split window Corvette that ran in B/Modified Production. It had a Dick Landy 500" Hemi with a Lenco transmission. Bowtie idiots went nuts every time it showed up.

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
2006/2008 Ultra Stang World Champion
Kicker Audio - Exile Turbo - Probe / Coast High Performance - Oakley - Street Car 1320 Clothing
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 AM
kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman

Yea that 442 was a real pig. The 350HO rocket had far greater performance long before Chevy got the little 350 to do something. And the damn distributor is on the right end of the block.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 AM

Keep in mind I am a Ford man at heart...I'm not a big fan of sb1 based motors just because everybody and their brother has one. I will also say that I think the LSx engine family is by far the best thing Chevrolet has put out.
I too at one time was on the ragged edge of putting a LS1 in my 92 coupe. And I'm not going to say that I will not end up doing one in the future. I would just go out and buy a 98+ Z or SS, but they are a freakin rattle trap.

You will have to admit the LSx motors and t-56's are a pretty stout combo for being a factory piece.All aluminum, 6 bolt mains and Hell , with a cam change I have seen a few push over 400 rwhp....and that's a pretty mild cam.Plus knock down 25+ mpg.
I have a few die hard Chevrolet friends...and what pisses me of the most is how narrow minded they are.If it's not a Chevrolet...it's a piece of crap.
I can honestly say I am not like that...I just like being different.

btw, I did decide to go the BBF route with my coupe. But I will say this. My next project will be a Fox body daily driver for my wife, with an LS1 and a 4l60 trans.

Mike
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Re: The Arrogance Of Chevy Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMaster
You should have seen all the hell raised by the Pontiac purists when I dropped a Cleveland into a 1980 Trans Am. I have never seen that many people sh!t themselves at one time.

It was funny. 8)
I would have paid money to stand nearby for that debut. 8)

This is near where the hotrod thing started with old Fords and small block chevys back in the 50's. People used what made the power, had some better "tech" and was fairly easy to be had. Don't want to start a mod motor rag on, but the LS1 is a nice setup. I'd blame Ford engineering for giving hot rodders a big wide aluminum 281 CID OHC brick when the other guys were busy cranking out a bitchin' power plant.

1967 Falcon 4 door
Owner built, owner abused.
http://raceabilene.com/misc/hisnherspic.jpg
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:59 PM

I was talking to a chevy guy last night at a car show. He was telling me about his anglia back in the 60's. Said his 311" smallblock made 400 hp. The guy cranked it to 8500+ and ran 64 degrees of timing. I'm thinkin WTF :shock: I only run half that :!:
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf63
The best one I've seen was a Camaro at a all Mopar show--a 440 in it, talk about an insult to the bow tie crowd. It was cool as hell!
Was it this one??

As the world turns...I get more dizzy!
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordguy545
I was talking to a chevy guy last night at a car show. He was telling me about his anglia back in the 60's. Said his 311" smallblock made 400 hp. The guy cranked it to 8500+ and ran 64 degrees of timing. I'm thinkin WTF :shock: I only run half that :!:
Maybe he THOUGHT he ran 64 degrees of timing. The numbers on the balancer were probably way off , like most SBC's. :lol:

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in