460 Ford Forum banner

Rapid Ronnie's Rapid River Ride

959 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lem Evans 
#1 ·

Hopefully we can get this unit dynoed this weekend...554 and 7/16" A460 headed deal .

See less See more
#6 ·
Lem Evans said:
2112 said:
What snout length did you go with. Is that a Steel SVO damper?
I'ts a standard snout....M-6316-A460 FRPP damper....jet boat deal .
I have clearance issues and have been cutting the length down to 351W length and using the SVO (I still prefer that moniker :wink: ) 351 internal balance steel damper which is indexed for both 351 and 460. I love those dampers but they rust in a boat. I switched to ATI dampers as they are rebuildable and are more resistant to rust (plating) but are indexed for 351 only so I have to remark the timing on the shell 8) Thought I would find out what you did.

Recieved the roller bearings today. Very nice and made in the USA! Thanks!

#7 ·
2112 said:
Lem Evans said:
2112 said:
What snout length did you go with. Is that a Steel SVO damper?
I'ts a standard snout....M-6316-A460 FRPP damper....jet boat deal .
I have clearance issues and have been cutting the length down to 351W length and using the SVO (I still prefer that moniker :wink: ) 351 internal balance steel damper which is indexed for both 351 and 460. I love those dampers but they rust in a boat. I switched to ATI dampers as they are rebuildable and are more resistant to rust (plating) but are indexed for 351 only so I have to remark the timing on the shell 8) Thought I would find out what you did.

Recieved the roller bearings today. Very nice and made in the USA! Thanks!
Thanks for the biz....it aint a matter of "plating"...it's a matter of clear paint....must be a shortage of that stuff in aussy land :) The unit you saw has two coats of clear added :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.