1st Fun Ford Weekend Attendance In Years - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1st Fun Ford Weekend Attendance In Years

I attendend the FFW in Norwalk on Sat.

Special thanks to BBF Maverick and his kin. What a nice guy
Hung with him and learned volumes about the BBF and Mavs.

GOD Bless all of you :!:

No Sushi Zone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 08:41 PM

Norwalk FFW

Mike,
I wish I had walked around and met some people instead of chasing a broken N2O solenoid wire all weekend. Mark Miller did stop at our canopy for a bit but I never got a chance to see BBF Maverick. The worst part was I knew exactly where he was pitted. I also missed the husband and wife with the matching silver big block coupes. I believe I'm going back to Norwalk in September. I'll let you know. Lee

'85 GT 7.5L daily driver w/466 ci
1/4 ET:[email protected] N/A, [email protected] w/ a little N2O
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 PM

Hey Guy's Whats up? Just got home after a long 14hr. day. I to had a great time at Norwalk.I had a pleasure meeting Mike and Mark and alot of other racers that watch and follow the forum but never chime in. I fought alot of Gremlins with the car this weekend. I just got the ole 466 Dove motor back together and didn't get to t&t before going. It had a bad miss under full power and I was looking in all the wrong places. Checked timing,pulled Dommy and checked ,changed MSD coil,checked plugs,the plugs looked like I had a lean condition, but i knew the carb was too fat as it was. Finally, Sunday morning i thought i would change the plugs. Well guess what? Thats what it was, I got one time trial Sunday morning not knowing if the problem was fixed. I kind of figured it would run at least a 10.50, WELL WAS I SURPRISED when i saw the time slip.10.23 at 130mph. So now i had to decide with just one pass what to dial in at. With the air getting hotter and me spotting a 12.30 car I thought I would dial a 10.30 and have a brake light party if necessary. I caught the guy before i got to the first mph mark and was on the brakes. I was very surprised to see him ge the win light. The ole Mav did a # on me. It ran a 10.19 on the brakes which ended my day. But, I had a great time and learned some things.And THANKS to all who helped out. Mike (511 fox) I was happy and honored to meet you,and the same goes to Mark, You are 2 more people in this world i can call my friends.Thank alot Rick

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Hey Rick and Lee nice talking to you guys.

Rick, i was going to ask if you found your problem,i remember your buddy asking if you thought you should change your plugs.Nice meeting you and will look for you at Norwalk in the future.

Lee,Nice talking to you again your son cracks me up i bet he'll be a die hard racer when he gets his license.I'll keep and eye out for you at Quaker City if i get down that way.

I'll let you guys know how my car runs if i get it to the track this year.

Later Mark.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 04:31 AM

Norwalk FFW

Rick,
It sounds like we were in the same boat last weekend only you were A LOT faster. My dial-ins all 3 days were a crap shoot so I knew there wasn't a prayer of going any rounds. The way I looked at it was that I got 9 time trial runs. The last thing I wanted to do was lift if the car was actually working. I ran an 11.12 on a 11.56 dial but I was thrilled. I thought I might have gotten my 10 sec slip eventually because I gave up a tenth on the 60' due to traction problems, but it wasn't to be. I've waited 10 years and this is as close as I've gotten. Do you get to Norwalk often? I'm sorry I didn't stop by, I knew what you were going through.

Mark, it was good to see you again. I think my son cracks everyone up. Lee

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 AM

Lee, Where were you pitted at? I was so busy I didn't get to visit and look around as much as i would have liked. I'm going back to Norwalk Aug 4 for the night of fire. The lady at customer service told me that if we had our night of fire tickets we could race for free,so I'm taking the car. We'll meet up some time. Catch ya later, Rick

Rick Brown

Pro Motion Machining
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Guys,

Wish I could have been there, maybe next year I'll add this trip to my budget.

I went to the night of fire one year and it was a GREAT show! I almost brought my car to race but I'm glad that I didn't. After the night of fire show was over, they started racing the regular program. We watched until about 2AM and then went to bed in the trucks. Woke up at 8am and they were STILL racing :shock:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 12:02 PM

Yea Damon, I'd better get plenty of rest. There was a BB Mustang pitted beside me and the guys name was Jeff Little from Pittsburg.His car was set up alot like yours w/521 and alum/cobrajet heads. Super nice guy w/a super clean Mustang. Wish you had been there. Later Rick

Rick Brown

Pro Motion Machining
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 07:03 PM

Norwalk FFW

Rick,
I was down by the shack where they handed out the timeslips. The light blue Fairmont that had the hood blow up was pitted across from me and the black big block Mark VIII was on an angle from me also. Jeff was another guy I met at my home track here in Pa. I haven't seen him in a couple years and didn't realize he was there until I heard his name mentioned Sunday. You'll have fun at the Night of Fire. Lee

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 AM

I talked to Jeff Little on Saturday also.

I think he said his motor was a 545 with a flat tappet camshaft.It was a real nice and clean car and was running 9.80's.I think it was non tubbed and was running maybe 28x10.5x15 slicks.

Later Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in