Hero of the day...... - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hero of the day......

I had to replace the steering column in my T-Bird. So after taking out the dash panel and instrument cluster, I get out all of the bolts that holds the column in. I go to undo the bolt at the u-joint AND THE DAMN THING WILL NOT COME OUT. I look at all of the parts I received and there is another boot and u-joint shaft. I started to think "how come he sent all of this????" Referring back to the original service manual it says to remove the "shake brace". I am now thinking "WTF is a 'shake brace'?" After removing nuts and bolts trying to get enough clearance to take out the column I get PISSED OFF! I go back and look in the box of goodies and figured WTF I have a new boot so the hell with it I cut the old one and was able to wiggle the column out.

After the removal I looked to see why the F*@K the damn bolt will not come out. WELL....... some dip**** engineer, that couldn't hit is *** with both hands, designed it with a dowel pin and grooved out the bolt for this dowel pin so the bolt will not come out.

So for the Hero of the day goes to Frank out in AZ for sending me new boot and new u-joint shaft. Because he knew I was going to have to cut the old boot to get the old column out, and for sending a new U-joint shaft that can be installed with a simple nut and bolt.

Just like there is a hero of the day there needs to be an ASSHOLE of the day.

That award goes to the dip**** engineer that designed that whole set up and the dip**** that wrote the service manual. Yes, after 35 years you still are eligible to receive the "Asshole of the day" award. If the engineer is dead may a dog come and **** on your grave site on a daily basis! Or if you are still alive my your computer crash while down loading you family pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Don,
Glad to see that it worked out for you. Some of those ungineers need to be drawn and quartered.

Joe

But it's a dry heat!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good post but could you lighten up on the "colorful" language? This is a very adult forum and a form of respect is to keep the language clean.
Thanks for your consideration!

Jeff

'67 466 / C6 / 9" Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in