My experience with cal tracs
I bolted a set of these on my supercharged 93 Lightning pickup, and have a few things to say about them...
1. Traction went from NONE to "Wow, this is a pickup truck?" on street tires.
2. Wheel hop was a significant problem in the past. Since installing these, I've *never* had a single hop.
3. They clack and clatter on the street if you have them adjusted a bit on the tight side where they'll do the most good. Install heater hose over the stop-bolts to make this go away. It acts like bump stops.
4. Ride quality suffers if left adjusted such that they work. I have about 1.5" of suspension travel in the rear after install.
5. With these things installed, you'll be able to store at least 20 bodies in the trunk. I was used to watching the suspension height and making a judgement call based on that as far as load is concerned. Well, after install I ended up filling my poor truck up to the bed rails with broken concrete before I realized what was going on! Stupider still, instead of unloading it, I drove it (gently) 11 miles to the dump like that. You should have seen the guys face at the scales! Bars survived that...so did the truck.
That's all I know about mine...I'm real happy with them.