Kelly R. Aka... bigblock79 - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kelly R. Aka... bigblock79

Hey guys......I was finally able to meet one of our local forum members here in Boise, Idaho.

As most of ya'll know Kelly is trying to sell one beautifull 10 sec. 79 Merc. Capri. I've never actually been able to see the car in person untill last night, i must say that this car is well built w. top quality parts and perfect craftmanship....it's really a steal for the money he's asking..Anyone thinking about building a similiar car should consider this option as the sum of the parts is worth twice what he's asking......go check it out cause it's that nice!

Now then.....the reason i was able to meet Kelly was I'm needing a larger carb for my new 545.......after many posts about this and that kelly had emailed me interested in my outings and offered up his expensive Quick Fuel 1050 for me too try......i was hesitat to take him up on this and sorta put it on the back burner..
Yesterday i Pmed him asking if the offer still stood and to call me to chat...later the same day he called, chatted, invited my over, pulled the carb and sent it out of his possesion w/o hessitation to a complete stranger....
I'm very thankfull for all the other people on this forum who do the same everday for almost complete strangers...
Kelly.....I thank you....you're carb will be well taken care of and i'll have it back to you next monday...
Thanks a ton...
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM

Glad to help mike, I have had many people help me out in a similar fashion in my past & it's a pleasure to be able help someone out. Do us all proud & get that 10 sec time slip! Thanks again for the kind words .
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM

Thats the type of thing that makes this board great people helping others further thier hobby. Kelly that makes you a great guy in my book. I have looked at your capri and was thinking about it several times myself as wanting to go pavement racing but can't seem to sell my stuff either. But good luck to both of ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in