Updated Website and Photos from the Past - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Updated Website and Photos from the Past

I just updated my website and thought I would share photos of the car that got me started loving cars and racing. I was 7 years old when my dad got this car in 1983. He sold it when I was 10. I always got to drive when he would push it on and off the trailer. Boy was I big time. You fathers don't realize what an impact you are having on your sons until they get older and have the same hobbies that you do and you get to do them together.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 AM

that is just TOO cool!

I've tried getting my 10 year old to help with Racing but he doesn't show any interest. I'm holding out for my 2.5 year old to get into racing with me

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 AM
dfree383

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Way Cool !!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
I hung around my grandfathers body shop and was always helping my dad with stuff for his cars/chevy. Even taking 80 grit paper to his newly painted Lincoln because I thought it needed to be sanded when I was 4 :lol: :shock:

Granted I'm just a hack with a sanding block and a spray gun now, but I am the rare guy that's much more comfortable with body work than with mechanicals. My Cougar is the first vehicle I've had that I've ever truly "researched" and tried to 'put together as a whole".

I'm 27 now, he's 51, yet I still run downstairs in his basement office like a little kid seeking approval/running ideas by him/showing him the lastest progress.

He still schools me on things.

Although it's funny.. I get to school him occasionally.

jmayabb is correct. As much as I hate to admit it, I've learned more from my old man than anyone else.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 AM

$

Dog gone Joe, that's a sharp car! I like the Mayabb Mustang too, although those T-Birds are near and dear to me. I had two 1986's sitting behind the shop in hopes of some day making a nice bracket car with FE power ops: . They are of the Fox platform, so many quality parts are available for them, and with a good four link back half and the already well designed front suspension (front clip), they should make a nice "back-half" car.

Well that was my dream! I became tired of looking at them sitting there, so, away they went! Hell, I can't keep the fires I have now from smoldering!

I seen you guys at BBRP this past week end, although I didn't get the chance to say hello. Wish you enjoyed yourselves, great race!

Dave.

Masters Degree in Perverted Idiocy.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM

I have a ten year old son who is my right hand man he is always by my side. It's nice to hear what you said from the other side. Older guys are always telling me things like he is going to be just like you and so on. Now i get to hear it from the other side, the side your standing on. Thanks for that...

"You fathers don't realize what an impact you are having on your sons until they get older and have the same hobbies that you do and you get to do them together".
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
Quote:
Originally Posted by D's557BBF
I have a ten year old son who is my right hand man he is always by my side. It's nice to hear what you said from the other side. Older guys are always telling me things like he is going to be just like you and so on. Now i get to hear it from the other side, the side your standing on. Thanks for that...

"You fathers don't realize what an impact you are having on your sons until they get older and have the same hobbies that you do and you get to do them together".
Just don't get too upset if he sands a freshly painted car.

-Takes a razor blade to an old tire along the tread because he thought the tread could be changed

-Jacks up his car with the door open and the door slams into the side of his 57 chevy...

-Blows Engine #2 in your truck just doing an honest merge onto a highway (Holley had idle screws that didn't work at all, oops)

:roll: My greater accomplishments in order.

back in 95-96 we redid a 75 Hurst Olds as my first car/father son project car. Paint was excellent, chrome and interior were "passable". Of course a stuck throttle, and a Phil incident took it out of comission. He convinced me to park it, even if I spent the $$ on my Torino I had at the time. 9 years later, a bug got up my ***, and we dragged it out, and I'm redoing it 'properly'. He's redoing his 57 this winter as well, so it's like old times I guess.

My town is so small that there are no 'street corners' but he always says that he set me up with the Olds to keep me out of trouble.. It worked, every night Junior and Senior year of H.S. I was pretty much in the garage.. Or the friends were over.

He says he would have been content if I learned just enough to not get screwed by a mechanic... And had a cool car in high school. At the time of the Olds, I had some serious personal/family issues going on, so the garage was an escape.. At least I learned that much, if I'm really stressed.. I don't go for a joint/snort/drink.. I go spin some wrenches/paint something.

I'm close in age to the age that my dad was that I actually have memories of being a kid at the shop. I always hear the stories of him with his friends. He still hangs out with the same people/etc... I just wish I could have known him, and them, then too.

No worries D's557BBF, He'll turn out fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in